RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, when I was thinking that this night in Sweden armour 35. K Johansson has vanished from my bad dreams in 2WD- class, here it is popping in 2nd place at the moment. Can anyone enlight me to who this "alien" among us is?So I know where my goooooood thoughts go to :))
Glad to see that my teammate finished the rally alive and well, hopefully I will do the same
@Ole Marius Myrvold any idea about my problem?and when are you going to do your runs, curious as heck

I've made to the end of Day 2 relatively unscathed so far, which was the only plan for me as I'm a novice when it comes to rallying. Was shaping up to have a close battle in the Minis between myself and Geroppa Geroore but he looks to have had some issues on Stage 6 which unfortunately have taken him out play.

Just finished this loong rally, feeling very happy to be at the finish! @Ole Marius Myrvold put some unwanted pressure on me in the magazine :O_o: :p First half i was too cautious but after stage 10-11 the pace started to pick up a bit. Overshot a hairpin and had to reverse plus a quick roll is my only real mistakes, but my speed in the beginning bugs me a bit. Hopefully it's enough for a top 5 finish in my class anyway, leading overall at the moment but that will change soon i suppose :)

Good luck to all that has not yet driven!
Regards the Swedish FWD alien :cool:

Just finished up the first 2 sections and had a very nice drive finishing in 2cnd after 2 sections.We will see how the rest of the Rally goes.

Tests are finally done, tomorrow it is serious!
screen monte carlo racedepartment test.jpg

Livery base: credit to SiL3nT-GaMeR, modified by me.

wanted to do first two night stages, but this was not much fun, since i was scared stiff of actually DNFing right at the beginning. Decided to do next four sunny midday stages as well and enjoyedevery second of it. A stupid half turn in stage03 cost a little bit, other than that I am woefully slow but having a ball, 9th and last in group A atm, 42nd of 48 at this point. First service, my new crew got the Lancia back to 100% all around, service after 6 I will end up with sth. between 97% and 99% in each area, so still almost top.

7A7F44CB4065333DC20E62343425EEFE0CFB88B8

584F03EB7E309F2094CAF3A50D49C4526F3EE79B

F1AD5C4FD5C24C6DD02B700DA507F3F4D8DEF77B

perfect repair :) with 5 secs left, love the crew!

man, when I was thinking that this night in Sweden armour 35. K Johansson has vanished from my bad dreams in 2WD- class, here it is popping in 2nd place at the moment. Can anyone enlight me to who this "alien" among us is?So I know where my goooooood thoughts go to :))
Glad to see that my teammate finished the rally alive and well, hopefully I will do the same
@Ole Marius Myrvold any idea about my problem?and when are you going to do your runs, curious as heck

He is Swedish, that's all I know. But, I see he is close with Jonatan Åcerclinth after some stages, that is positive for us mere mortals. But then again, Kieran Poole are faster! The 2WD- will be a though class this season, but that's how we like it! :)

Your problem? Sorry Mr.C there seems to be a thing I have forgotten, please enlighten me again? :) I am not sure when I'll do the rally either to be honest, not the next 2-3 days at least. I need to convince myself that the rally is championship are running smooth, so I don't get distracted :)

I've made to the end of Day 2 relatively unscathed so far, which was the only plan for me as I'm a novice when it comes to rallying. Was shaping up to have a close battle in the Minis between myself and Geroppa Geroore but he looks to have had some issues on Stage 6 which unfortunately have taken him out play.

Practice makes perfect, hopefully! And is that what you call a mini-victory?:x3:

Just finished this loong rally, feeling very happy to be at the finish! @Ole Marius Myrvold put some unwanted pressure on me in the magazine :O_o: :p First half i was too cautious but after stage 10-11 the pace started to pick up a bit. Overshot a hairpin and had to reverse plus a quick roll is my only real mistakes, but my speed in the beginning bugs me a bit. Hopefully it's enough for a top 5 finish in my class anyway, leading overall at the moment but that will change soon i suppose :)

Haha :) I remember you from Svenska RBRSerien quite a long time ago, and things I didn't remember, @Roy Magnes remembered. There is a tale about a Swedish guy with a broken sound card doing a whole RBR-event without any sounds at all and still winning his class :cool:

One question... the final ranking is for all the platforms or anyone have his ranking?

When the rally ends, the results from all three platforms will be combined ;)

He is Swedish, that's all I know. But, I see he is close with Jonatan Åcerclinth after some stages, that is positive for us mere mortals. But then again, Kieran Poole are faster! The 2WD- will be a though class this season, but that's how we like it! :)

Your problem? Sorry Mr.C there seems to be a thing I have forgotten, please enlighten me again? :) I am not sure when I'll do the rally either to be honest, not the next 2-3 days at least. I need to convince myself that the rally is championship are running smooth, so I don't get distracted :)

Practice makes perfect, hopefully! And is that what you call a mini-victory?:x3:

Haha :) I remember you from Svenska RBRSerien quite a long time ago, and things I didn't remember, @Roy Magnes remembered. There is a tale about a Swedish guy with a broken sound card doing a whole RBR-event without any sounds at all and still winning his class :cool:

When the rally ends, the results from all three platforms will be combined ;)
my problem was that nobody seems to know this guy, and either I am blind but don't see him in the sign-up sheet also, so must be some famous person that nobody wants to reveal
Just got the parcel and looking at stage times:) it's entertaining:))

I just finished this amazing rally.. when is the next one, l can't wait it! :p I drove lot more better than expected (currently 3rd), and l think I was the luckiest on SS11 :D
20170123214214_1.jpg
20170123214309_1.jpg
with some very big luck l can be in top20 in the class. with very big luck xD

Are you Tommie Lindberg? because your stages with that Peugeot 306 Maxi were really impressive, beating me by over a minute (even if the half of it is from SS11), I think none can beat you from your class.. Very well driven mate! :)

Oh yes, i had almost forgot about that, amazed that you remember!
Are you Tommie Lindberg? because your stages with that Peugeot 306 Maxi were really impressive, beating me by over a minute (even if the half of it is from SS11), I think none can beat you from your class.. Very well driven mate! :)
Yep that would be me:)

wooohooo!! :D
Made it to the first checkpoint with no big problems!

My goal for this rally is to finish all stages.. so i am currently driving on just about 75-80% of what i use to do on these stages..
But at this point, the points are more important than spending my hard earned $$$ on fixing this green 306 :)

Planning on driving the rest tomorrow if my health stays the same.. i have one 306 only 3 seconds ahead of me that i aim to overtake :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%