1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDRC S7 Round 3 - Rally Alsace (12th-14th April 2015)

Discussion in 'RD Rally Championship' started by Ole Marius Myrvold, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

[​IMG]

2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

[​IMG]
    Rally Alsace
    12th - 14th April 2015
    ITINERARY:

SS01 - Super Stages - Lyon-Gerland (Tarmac - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)
    SS02 - World Stages - Bruschal Unterowisheim (Tarmac - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)

Service

SS03 - France - Alsace (Tarmac - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)
    SS04 - World Stages - Sieversdorf (Tarmac - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)
    SS05 - France - Puy du Lac (Tarmac - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)

Service

SS06 - Super Stages - Lyon Gerland (Tarmac - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Dusk)
    SS07 - World Stages - Bergheim (Tarmac - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)

Service

SS08 - France - Alsace (Tarmac - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)
    SS09 - World Stages - Sieversdorf (Tarmac - Crisp Partcloud - New - Dry - Day)
    SS10 - Super Stages - Lyon Gerland (Tarmac - Rain/Light Cloud - New - Wet - Day)
    SS11 - World Stages - Bruschal Unterowisheim (Tarmac - Rain/Light Cloud - New - Damp - Day)

SESSIONS:

RDRC S7 Round 3 US1 - Sunday 12/04/2015 02:00 GMT
    RDRC S7 Round 3 OC1 - Sunday 12/04/2015 09:30 GMT
    RDRC S7 Round 3 EU1 - Sunday 12/04/2015 19:00 GMT
    RDRC S7 Round 3 US2 - Monday 13/04/2015 02:00 GMT
    RDRC S7 Round 3 OC2 - Monday 13/04/2015 09:30 GMT
    RDRC S7 Round 3 EU2 - Monday 13/04/2015 19:00 GMT
    RDRC S7 Round 3 US3 - Tuesday 14/04/2015 02:00 GMT
    RDRC S7 Round 3 OC3 - Tuesday 14/04/2015 09:30 GMT
    RDRC S7 Round 3 EU3 - Tuesday 14/04/2015 19:00 GMT

NOTES:
    • You will require the RSRBR 2015 mod in order to participate, please see theinstallation and usage thread..
    • Update 03 is mandatory to be able to participate in this event.
    • If you are new to RSRBR, we have also provided a guide for RSCenter.
    • This is a league rally, car selections & regulations can be found in the rules thread and you can join the championship here.
    • Click here to read the password.
    • Teamspeak is highly recommended and adds to the fun.
    • If you have not signed up for the championship here, please signup for the round below with your name and RSRBR Username.
    • IMPORTANT - At the end of the rally, take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times. If there is a discrepancy in the results, this is the only evidence you'll have to get your times corrected.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Review/Highlights Video!

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Rally Results!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Entry List!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Additional Info if necessary will appear here!
    • Thread Open
    • Remember that DST have started/ended many places. Please check what time your session starts!
    • SS10 Lyon Gerland have been changed from damp surface to wet! Poster will not be updated!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  7. Nice itinerary!
    Only...
    SS02 - World Stages - Bruschal Unterowisheim
    SS11 - World Stages - Bruschal Unterowisheim
    Ooooooh gooood, good luck going over that crest with the 90 right :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

You've no idea how many times that one's caught me out on practice :whistling: very tricky stage

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

• SS10 Lyon Gerland have been changed from damp surface to wet! Poster will not be updated!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

looking forward to see who will go on dry tires for the last loop... :alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

11. Are you sure you want to do Bruschal Unterowisheim (yes, I used copy + paste) when its damp on anything else than intermediates? If yes then you are mad! :D:D

-edit: Well you do have Sieversdorf and the incredibly understeery Alsace on dry... Might aswell :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. But its not dry there, Luka. Although I wouldn't be that sure if dry tires would be the worst strategy there :p

13. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

I have tried a bit, and my poor skills don't make much of a difference really; Bruschal Unterowisheim (yes, I copy-pasted from you) wasn't that bad on slicks, as long as you keep it off the grass (at least with my car).
    However, the choice might be to go intermediates because I just cannot drive Lyon-Gerland with slicks without destroying the car :geek:

14. Definitely the intermediate tyre. If you can prevent it from overheating on the first 2 stages, there's a fair amount of grip. Alsace is a bit slippery but Sieversdorf is really rough tarmac so it'll be a bit harder there. Have to say, (without coming across as uber cocky), I think I could do well here. I basically use Semetin and Bruschal for testing cars on Tarmac. Maybe I can follow Breen's footstep's after his win in the Circuit of Ireland in the same car as I'm driving :p

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

Interesting thought there: I thought that in this game, the tires were set to brand new after every stage.
    Am I wrong?

16. I am very excited for this rally, love the Alsace stages, and also Bruschal Unterowishem, it's so fast and so much fun!

Anyone else struggling with the pace notes on Puy de Lac? I find them very vague, with no real distances, on default pacenotes?

[​IMG]

17. Magnar Haarstadsveen

Magnar Haarstadsveen
    Just me Premium Member

The tyres are only change in sevice, so after long or many stages they are worn out and lose grip.
    I can feel it after long stages like Noiker (gravel) i have less grip later if i drive very hard an agressive.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. The thing about Puy Du Lac is that you can drive flat to the mat for the first half. The notes are off on that stage. There's a corner where you turn off into the narrow road past a farmyard and tractor that's called as a Fast or Medium? left but you can take it flat very easily. The last couple of corners though are really tough, completely blind heading around the forest.... :ninja:

19. THE amount of crashes in this rally im going to have is astronomical lel.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Really eager to see what times people are getting on Bruschal! I think the fastest might be in or around 4:10's in the WRC's? I think for RRC/R5 4:20's will be fast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.