RDRC S7 Round 2 - Rally Norway (22nd-24th March 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, do You get the same stuff on a windsheld on heavy snow conditions?
xaqfwo.jpg

What if I want to drive 6 stages on the first evening and the rest monday, would that be possible? How would I go about picking up where I left on monday?

Does your car get fixed automatically by the server after each 'Service' entry in the stage list or do you need to do this yourself?

Getting pretty stoked for tomorrow! I will be able to practise some this evening before we go off for real tomorrow! :D

What if I want to drive 6 stages on the first evening and the rest monday, would that be possible? How would I go about picking up where I left on monday?

Does your car get fixed automatically by the server after each 'Service' entry in the stage list or do you need to do this yourself?

That would not be possible - as soon as you've passed Sector/Split 1 on a stage, that is the session that will count towards your result!

Yup. On each *service* you have the chance to change tyres (not anything to think of here, snow all the way), and the car get's repaired.
You do have a repair button as well, that auto-retires you from the next stage.

Okay so I just lost all progress after 4 stages during the US1 session. I had just finished the Mustaselka stage when the game glitched, skipping over the option to save the replay and my computer froze. I assume I'm disqualified.

So here we are again in the beautiful forests of Norway and on my favorite surface: the white fluffy snow.

I can't believe it's been 3 years since I first came here, I still remember that disastrous stage 13 that cost me the rally back in season 4, I slid into a small building near the road and that killed the engine, it was such a stupid mistake and I was so disappointed that I got out of the car and cried under a frozen tree, that day something changed because ever since then everything's been different for me here, 2 wins in 2 years and 19 out of 25 stage wins have turned this into my favorite rally in the RDRC.

So with great past results here and a lazy start to the season in Austria, it was clear for me that nothing but a win would suffice, and I sure did my best for it, I worked through the week to prepare and it showed in the rally, I hit my marks on every stage and on stage 9 I got some sort of divine inspiration and smashed my previous record there, I'm not a fan of the super special so I just made sure to make it safely through, all in all one of my finest drives here and not a single dent on the car at the end of the rally, I am very happy for how this went and I look forward to seeing the results, it was nice to run alongside my friend Joe even if he had some difficulties after a couple of stages.

Thank you very much to the organizers and best of luck to my teammate Mike and everyone who's yet to participate in the rally.

Here's La DS3 en action again

3z1wldG.jpg

fKkqDVL.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
SS01
One spin.
SS02
OK, out in the snow once.
SS03
Good stage, no bigger misstakes.
SS04
Some minor misstakes.
SS05
Missed the junction at 5k.
SS06
Less than a minut after the fastest in sessien, you can see that this is my snow test stage :).
ss07
Hit the crashed Ford Focus and later I hit one of the tire stacks, lost a lot of time.
SS08
25 seconds faster 2nd time, but still some misstakes.
SS09
Tricky stage with everything you can hit if you do not stay on the road, took it easy and it went quite good.
SS10
Finally a stage without misstakes :).
SS11
Another good stage.
SS12
Nice fast stage.
SS13
Good stage.

No DNF's :), No CFH :)

Felt ready this time. Felt that a lot of stages I had figured out. Felt that I could do some good times. Tapio gave me a setup and instantly I felt a burst more speed for little risk increase.
Then I found a tree on SS1. That impacted on SS2 meaning I retired. More of that followed which ultimately meant that for all that speed I had a similar rally to Round 1.

It's very frustrating for me, I looked at my split times in certain stages and I was doing well. A mere few seconds down on Tapio who is leaps and bounds more experienced than myself. I felt that this rally could hold a key, and now afterwards I am not sure, it may have for sure, but I won't know until next round probably.

So all in all, some real positives to take from the rally, but I can only take such positives so many times before I will be expecting something better.

SS1 - tried to be cautious but had an altercation with a Tree, not too bad considering :) - Screw the pacenotes and the cameramen/photographers though!!!! :mad:

SS2 - Fairly uneventful, just was keeping an eye on my water temp due to damage from the crash in SS1, until i dropped a wheel and rolled a few times, being diamond creek any crash is a big one, luckily landed on my wheels and kept going until the end of stage, defo lost some time due to suspension damage from the rolls but nonetheless a decent time :)

SS3 - Had an off due to the pacenotes being slightly off and me not having run this direction enough, lost a few seconds recovering from being on a boulder, but happy to get to the end in one piece.

SS4 - Rolled twice again, began to think my luck would run out soon, car gave up within 20m of the finish, sat for 3 mins trying to get the car to start again to no avail :( DNF, 5 mins lost and Game Over for any RDRC2 Points.

SS5 - DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN. Missed a 90 right and overshot, lost around 14 seconds, otherwise had a legitimate shot at being the 2nd or 3rd fastest in EU1.

SS6 - Really had some issues here, had 2 rolls which left me on my roof and had to CFH both times.

SS7 - Headbutted a tyre stack in the first hairpin, quick time regardless making the mistake more infuriating. Was 4 seconds down (at the time of writing, still Magnar and Torwith to go) on the S1, ended 3.5 down.

SS8 - Made a small mistake and had to back up, then killed some people even though i was nowhere near them :mad:

SS9 - Had a few issues this stage, slid the rear out and got a penalty for hitting a person who i didnt see :/ will have to check the replays, then had the most pathetic roll ever en route to the ford.

SS10 - Horrible stage for me, had damage from the previous stage giving lots of revs but little drive, rolled some more just to cap it off.

SS11 - Made 2 errors which both cost time otherwise, not so bad.

SS12 - Had some more silly errors, one of which involved slamming a rock and stalling the car :(

SS13 - Rolled on three occasions this stage, including crossing the finish line on my roof, got another penalty for getting to close to some camera guys, and had damage all stage from the previous 2.

Summary - Photographers need to run away, and i need some stabilizers / training wheels for my Audi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back