RDRC S7 Round 1 - Jänner Rallye (1st-3rd March 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the itinerary, but my conduct of the rally was really, really, utter useless.
I had hoped for a finish and maybe a top 10, but that evaporated already on ss2, where I understeered off the road and hit a rock, handing me a slipping clutch for the rest of this one and the long next stage aswell...

Stage by stage:
ss01 - Middle of the road

ss02 - Hit a rock halfway, slipping clutch from there.
ss03 - Slipping clutch all the way. Going okay, but I clipped the very last part of the very last barrier 100 metres from the end and killed the engine.

ss04 - Tarmac tires. Put it on the roof 100 meters before the finish = CFH
ss05 - Very slippery on the snowy and icy patches, not gambling there.
ss06 - Overshot both the final hairpins on this one, costing me about 10 seconds...

ss07 - Spun in a hairpin, then I hit a block and spun again halfway through.
ss08 - Felt quite fast, but maybe too safe.

ss09 - Gambeled on tarmac tires. Did not pay off. 2 spins early on the tarmac sections locked the car in 1st gear, and without any coolant left in the engine. I later stopped head first nto trees on 3 more occations during the stage, with following CFH's...
ss10 - Spun full round in a hairpin, and brushed a tree with the right rear tyre. Engine dead...

Really frustrating, because I felt I had done the necceccary preparations, and driven the stages and memorized the hazards before the rally.
Now I need to drive the car lots and lots and lots before the next event to rebuild some sort of confidence, I don't want to continue the season in this shape!

Well, that was an experience :O_o:

SS1 - Fine but span at the hairpin both times, first time over rotated right, 2nd time over rotated left but apart from that was pretty clean.

SS2 - Questionable tyre choice as the times were insane (went with Dry Tarmac) pretty clean apart from a fight with a tree on the last corner cost me a few seconds.

SS3 - No problem, through it was good run until I saw the times, RSR didn't pick my time so ill put my collection of pictures of my times throughout the whole rally with my replays.

SS4 - Silly mistakes and a CFH I think

SS5 - Fine normal stage

SS6 - No problems, quite surprised to get the scratch time for EU2, thought I could of gone quicker and was sure others would

SS7 - Good run, questionable cut on one corner I couldn't avoid as i under steered wide on the previous corner

SS8 - Good run, no problems

SS9 - Good run, went straight on at a few hairpins when I hit the brakes and the engine stalled.

SS10 - Same as SS7, apart for a CFH near the end

Great fun and super tricky but, only a couple of CFH's and no retirements which is a first for me on a RD rally :thumbsup:

SS1 - Changed some bits of setup before this stage and this gave me quite good feeling on this stage. Sometimes I felt like cruising, but time was okay though.

SS2 - I hate slow stages, so I was trying not to brake my car before next stage. Touched armco barriers at the end, but car was ok.
SS3 - Took quite easy and safe, so many places to crash your car. Also end of this stage was rubbish for me, big time loss
SS4 - Everything okay till end of the stage - 2 km before end I bumped into armco which made me spin. Lost about 10 secs, I guess. Car was undamaged yet again...
SS5 - Since when RBR became torture simulator? No major drama however.
SS6 - Was okay till last sector where I messed it up. 2 km before end went straight in the hairpin, had to reverse back to the road. Same story for last corner. About 25-30 secs lost there. Lucky to be in the finish of those killer stages.

SS7 - No risk, everything okay.
SS8 - Took it easy yet again, I didn't felt myself one with the car. Time however amazed me.

SS9 - Uphill part was bad, overdid some hairpins and had to use reverse. Downhill was fun however, had some long slides, sometimes even too long...
SS10 - Pushed too hard and had full spin in the beginning, no more drama.

Mission was accomplished for me. No big drama and I hope speed was there too. I don't know how I'm compared to big boys in RDRC-2, but I have good feeling. Luckily adrenaline kicked in the start of first stage, so even forgot that I have flu.

Waiting for results now :)

Very good pace on the field tonight, forgot to mention that! The RDRC-2 class will be really tough this season!

It will. I believe the whole championship will be thougher than it was last season. Not that last season was bad, but this might be even better. Now, it will be interesting to see if anyone can be a real challenger to Manuel as well! :)

Fairly new to the rd rounds, picked the r 5 fiesta and didn't get a chance to try it till first stage tonight, haven't played the game for a while,

SS 1- took it easy to get back in to the way of it,

Ss 2 - choose slicks for this loop so just went fairly easy in the wet ,

Ss3 - had a really good push trying for under 8 mins, then went off and a cfh, car took ages to restart, stopped for 1
minute,

Ss4 - struggled with this as graphics appeared as snow but with the Tarmac grip?? Any ideas??

Ss5 - rolled twice on first 2 corners, tried the slicks but to much ice to make the time,

Ss6- off on 2nd corner and had to do whole stage with slipping clutch,

Ss7 - clean run

Ss8 - stage was snow but had gravel graphics so that confused
me again ,!??

Ss9 - disaster, had really good run for first 2 splits then 2 cfh on the ice on downhill section,

Ss10 - disaster on every corner trying for a last stage push.

Also saved my replays but when I go to watch them they all just come up as the mg sitting on the start line of chirdonhead? Any ideas how to sort that?

Ss4 - struggled with this as graphics appeared as snow but with the Tarmac grip?? Any ideas??

Ss8 - stage was snow but had gravel graphics so that confused
me again ,!??

Reinstall in correct order. RSRBR 2015 - stages - cars - updates.

Also saved my replays but when I go to watch them they all just come up as the mg sitting on the start line of chirdonhead? Any ideas how to sort that?

Choose the correct stage and car for the replay you want to watch. Example:
If you want to watch SS1. You will need to start RSCenterAlone. Choose your Fiesta R5, and Courcelles val d'Esnoms, then press the replay button in RSCenter Alone, then choose the correct replay.
To watch replays for other stages, you will need to go out to the RSCenter Alone menu, and choose the correct stage.
Remember to choose the correct surface as well. If not, the surface in the replay will be wrong (but the replay will work)

Reinstall in correct order. RSRBR 2015 - stages - cars - updates.

It corrupts sometimes too. The only fix I've found is to re-install. The mod I think overwrites some files when it changes the surface physics, and sometimes it seems things can get swapped around. (Maybe the program force close / crash before exiting properly after running a surface mod? In fact, I think that may be the cause. That's exactly what happened to me before my problems.)

I had it during/before this rally, but I didn't want to re-install until after the rally was over in case I had issues. Very peculiar to drive with a different looking surface.

Yup, I had lot's of problems during my offline tests. Especially default peacenotes are far from perfect. My aim is clear- stay out off trouble. I think it's one of those rallies that will give You guys a lot of championship points as long as You avoid mistakes. Steady, I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%