RDRC S7 Round 1 - Jänner Rallye (1st-3rd March 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS1: Spun early on, then hit the damn 9T sign on the second pass, loosing the bumper, decent time all things considered.

SS2: Drove very careful, clipped the wall once or twice but nothing major, pretty nice time :)

SS3: Was incredibly cautious but still felt fast, until the results screen. Under 9 min time, but still 1 min off the fastest :/

SS4: Rather incredibly bad, had a rather sizable accident on the fast downhill session due to a lack of grip due to tyre selection which really hampered my car for the rest of the stage, had to use a CFH so that cost me even more time.

SS5: Started with some rear left suspention damage from the last stage which really slowed me down, glad for the tyre choice as still was a decent time despite crawling for this stage (and having to reverse at most hairpins on the downhill :mad: ).

SS6: Up the hill everything was ok, fell off the road at the top of the hill and had to CFH, really struggled on the downhill aswell, threw in some accedental J-Turns for good measure.

SS7: Hit a tree and blew the engine within seconds of the start .....

SS8: Started the stage and BAM had a water temp warning right away :( engine gave up after just under 2k.

SS9: Horrible run, full of mistakes, fell off the road and had to CFH under 1k from the finish :(

SS10: Very Poor, hit the same tree as SS7, lost lots of time in small mistakes.

First 6 stages went well, was in the battle for 5th, then in excess of 10 mins lost on the final 4 stages :( could of been P5 in EU1 session. Hopefully the next time will go more consistantly.

A quick summary of my rally:
I hadn't had time to practice all the stages and especially the weather conditions and that showed.

SS1 I misheard a note twice and turned the wrong way in junction. Lost massive time already.
SS2-3 were good runs but on both stages I spun in the narrowest parts. Yet again massive amount of time lost.

2nd leg I took snow tires because I was afraid of the icy monte stages. As it turned out this was a wrong choice. Bisanne was mainly dry - and so was Joux Verte. It was fun drifting and spinning on these three stages but not very fast.

SS7-8 Finally some proper snow! I was immediately at home and very competitive. I was even the fastest on SS8 (Emil, Magnar, Erik & co in my session) although I rolled the car with 2km to go :confused:

For the last leg I again went with snow tires. SS9 was good barring two stupid mistakes on top of the hill on the dry part. On the last stage I spun once more but still a decent time.

I had high hopes for this round as I really liked the itinerary and Monte mod but the lack of practice was evident. Hopefully I can scrape a few points and maybe get 1-2 RDRC-2 class stage wins. Next rally should be good as it's on my natural surface :sneaky:

A ok opening round for me. I struggle a lot on the Monte carlo stages and on SS 5 I was off the road 2 times but could get back on the road by my self, so I just lost some time.
A difficult rally but fun!!!
Thanks for a fun evening.

Just went on the 8pm GMT server, and ran my rally. Went quite well for my first time, practiced a lot, and felt confident, but took it easy to break my way in. The Monte Carlo stages at the mid point weren't as bad as Id feared, had one or two minor spins, maybe lost 8 seconds in total, but the rest was good fun.

*Snip - Mod Edit*

I forgot to snap the final results from the server, has anyone got it? Just wanted to see how my efforts in the Walk Racing Fiesta R5 fared.

@Ole Marius Myrvold I have PM'd you the replay's which Ive uploaded to DropBox. Ill stick some pictures up here when I have PS'd them.

Regards
Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
EU1 was fantastic session. 12 drivers and 10 great stages. Tnx guys that you show up in such number. Rally was hard but interesting. Cold head and left foot on brake will decide in final. As far as im concern, one stupid judge is less at Greenhills. See you all next time.

On full attack in Joux Verte!

1.jpg

Unfortunately had to leave in the middle of ss6 I think it was? Poorly baby is more important than a rally sim!

Up until that point, SS1, went ok I guess, 2 spins, still and ok time.

Ss2 not so good, felt slow, was slow, and causer rear right hand side damage.

Ss3, felt ok, was too cautious and could feel it, but with the damage I was aiming to get to the finish without too much time loss, and I did that!

4-6 well, everything that could have distracted me did, and with no settling on the baby, that's when I left.

Disappointed but priorities ect...

Thanks guys!

Not sure if you still want my replays of the stages I did do or not?

This is my first rally championship, although I've thought about giving it a go for a while. It's one of the few leagues that runs at US-friendly times.

I downloaded the game and add-ons yesterday. Thanks Mike! After a couple of hours I was thinking about not joining. I ended my session finally getting all of the configs right, came back today and was doing much better. So here I am!

I'm happy with my first round. I finished all of the stages, which was my goal. That said, it was a mighty battered Evo coming back to service! I had a few reverses, a couple of CFHs, and managed to survive a big roll.

I had a lot of fun today and am looking forward to improving for the next round. Thanks Ole and RD for organizing, and Mike for walking this newb through the stages!

Ivan

Just finished running in US2.

I did a full run-through before starting, and I had made 3 CFH and 2 false starts. I made note of the time I completed, and what the time would have been if I didn't make those mistakes. I thought if I beat the first time, I won't be sad, and if I beat the second I'll be happy.

I'm happy. :)

I don't really like the Monte surface, I think it's probably my weakest. Surprisingly though, it was the tarmac stages where I thought I did worse. Couldn't find a rhythym in Sorica to be 15s slower than practice, and had a spin in Joux Plane. The monte stages went fairly well, though I've no idea where my pace will be. I found Bisanne incredibly difficult. (In fact, I found them all difficult :p)

Feels like a pretty decent start to the season, no CFH, no DNF, a few small mistakes though. Looking forward to the results from this one.

Good luck to all remaining :)

Pah, is the first word that comes to mind. This was one of my first meaningful sessions on RBR, as such I knew I was just looking to make the end of stages, but my god I made so many mistakes, tyres being one of them. Screwed up my chances completely, didn't know enough of the game to realise maybe two of the retired stages could have been salvaged.

So, on to next round, god help me :laugh:

There are those times when you are fully prepared, you have practiced and you have done everything you possibly could, and on the day it still goes horribly wrong.

Not happy.
Exactly, not the return to RD I was expecting :( However, thanks to the organisers for a slick event - looking forward to the warmer weather.

Just went on the 8pm GMT server, and ran my rally. Went quite well for my first time, practiced a lot, and felt confident, but took it easy to break my way in. The Monte Carlo stages at the mid point weren't as bad as Id feared, had one or two minor spins, maybe lost 8 seconds in total, but the rest was good fun.

*Snip - Mod Edit*

I forgot to snap the final results from the server, has anyone got it? Just wanted to see how my efforts in the Walk Racing Fiesta R5 fared.

@Ole Marius Myrvold I have PM'd you the replay's which Ive uploaded to DropBox. Ill stick some pictures up here when I have PS'd them.

Regards
Jon
You did great Jon :) I struggled alot to come near you timewise... Just one or two stages I could be infront. You whopped me by a minut.:cry:

I had no recce before this rally (as usual:ninja:) So stayed in center of road and cruised with my new Pug S2000.. Car aint liking hairpins stalling that weak engine countless times..:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%