RDRC S6 Test Round - Introduction to RDRC (22-25th February)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, SS12 has now been amended citing visibility issues.
It will now run as the following:

SS12 - Czech Republic - Stryckovy-Zadni (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Partcloud/New/Dry/Daylight)

Could have gone a little better, but I'll take what I can get.

SS1: You really need an entirely different set of pacenotes for this car. The torque is unbelieveable.
SS2: Have to change my entire driving style pretty much to get a grip on this car. very very slidy so I lost a lot of time in the sow sections. but overall getting a better feel for the car.
SS3: Slide, slide slide. Definitely need to look at the AntiRoll, few hairy moments.
SS4: wow. such a small change and such a massive difference! Feel much more comfortable with it on tarmac now. Granted I tried reverse entry on one of the last hairpins as I was getting carried away...did't work.
SS5: Felt quite slow, but felt more comfortable with the cars handling. And to me thats more important.
SS6: Thoroughly enjoyed and felt good in the car, very good rhyth given how slippy the car was the entire stage.
SS7: Very pleasing result considering the tyres I chose had to work for both stages. Only started getting a bit on-the-edge at the end where decided to push a bit...on these tyres. Fun times.
SS8: blaming every single thing that went wrong in that stage on the setup. absolutely. :poop::poop: dreadful. I think I did better the first time I played RBR. every little bump in the road sent me off and almost broke my arm trying to turn the wheel so fast to counter it :p
and that was my bumpty setup...I might be inclined to say its worse than the bumps in sweet lamb. Actually, they are worse. Strange considering the gravel version is one of my favourite stages ;)
SS9: Forgot setups dont load properly for BTB stages. damn. Tried my best with what I had anyway. Took a wrong turn but managed to get back on track quickly, but messed up the very last corner and spun for a while off the road. But got there in the end.
SS10: Definitely feel more comfortable on gravel, but lost a bit of time here and there sliding off the road in a few places.
SS11: ARGH!!!!! Nothing like having really good pace and then the car slides out at the very end of the stage and takes someone out...fml. fml. fml.
SS12: GAH it did it again >_> slid at the top of a hill and it would stop sliding whatsoever, and i braked before the top of the hill.

In conclusion: Seat time, Snow setup, minor changes to gravel, and definitely changes to Czech setup.
Great to have Jesper in the session, it was good to compare times between WRC, you are very quick!!

I'm a little disappointed and how slippery the car was from the start, but I will just need to keep fine tuning I guess. Stoked that I got the France setup sorted.

This is exactly what this event is for, finding faults and fixing. So at least I'm pleased its a test event ;)

Bring on Round 1!! March is going to be an exciting month, announcements and liveries :D

Was going to do OC session but it turned out that my RSRBR had been broken again. So I had to re-install everything and will probably go for EU session tonight :) Was hoping to have a fight with you Jack but it all got flushed down the toilet thanks to my Windows :)

SS1: ok time with totally default setup, no big events or anything.
SS2. put my snow setup on here and did have one biggie here but ok time nontheless

SS3: well... tryid to go flat out a fast lefthander just after the first split, car slided just on to the grass and off i went.. banged car pretty hard so decided to retire
SS4. decided to not even to try this stage with the condition my car was in. so retired.

continued...

Not feeling it today at all so decided to quit the rally. but will see you in First round :)

Thanks for the test event. hopefully i wont be sick when the Rally norway kicks in.

Last edited:
Haven't found the time to practice outside of a couple of stages, so I'm just going to take it pretty cruisy. I want to make sure I finish, and try my best to understand the car and how it reacts to different surfaces.

SS1- Not a terribly good feeling in there, really struggled for grip. Got a little better towards the end, so hopefully next stage goes well.
SS2- Much better feeling this time around.
SS3- Accidentally left it in short gears here, well off my PB time. Nonetheless, the car feels good on French Tarmac, incredibly well balanced.
SS4- The well-balanced feeling of the previous stage seems to be a detriment on the twisty sections of this stage, I just struggled for turn-in. Not very happy with this one.
SS5- Misheard a pacenote in the final sector and took a corner where there wasn't one. Smacking into a fence. Survived the stage, but a little bit of smoke, hopefully OK.
SS6- The smoke didn't seem to cause any issue on this stage. But once again I really struggled for pace. I just don't feel comfortable in low-grip situations. Definitely looking forward to the upcoming tarmac stages.
SS7- Interesting stage, felt OK, though some of the bumps were a bit risky.
SS8- This stage felt dangerous. :p OK feeling, but again the bumps were a bit scary.
SS9- Interesting stage. That last sector felt very, very long.
SS10- Good feeling, but I struggled a bit for traction. In the final sector I slid off the road and hit a tree damaging my steering.
SS11- Suspension was a bit too soft I think, really weird feeling in corners.
SS12- OK.

Not thrilled with my pace, but learnt a bit about the car. Happy to have no CFH or DNF. Looking forward to R1.

Good luck to all those yet to run!

My rally was as usual - up and down. Very up and down :p

SS01 - Rolled the car - CFH
SS02 - Lots of sideways, struggeled for traction. Felt slow.

SS03 - I almost dropped off the road within the final kilometer. Phew...
SS04 - Struggeled big time with understeer, and I think I broke a drive shaft when I understeered into a wall early on. The car was moving a lot and very difficult to get through right hand corners.

SS05 - Forgot to change to long gearing. Uncertain if I get to drive the next stage, I touched something that sent me straight into the marshal-post after the finish.
SS06 - Fun but difficult stage on snow. Sooo easy to outbrake yourself at the end of the long straight, just like I did.

SS07 - Phew! That was the fastest I have ever gone on that stage!
SS08 - False start, and then I got caught out by the wet grass a number of times. One CFH.

SS09 - I had quite a few hairy moments early on, then I hit a tree head on. After that the car was twitching in every direction, so I lost some time on the second half of the stage.
SS10 - The car is still moving all over the place, but I did not crash this time :p

SS11 - Felt okay, maybe a bit too careful at times.
SS12 - Felt okay again, I dropped of the road twice in here.

I'll propably end up a few minutes behind the winner, but at least I had a good time getting there :)

I entered this race to test it and see where I can place in terms of progress with other riders.

Without recognizing the sections before, in various situations was surprised, there's Retired committing so many :(

In terms of progress, I'm interested to see where I can put myself in the conditions that made this proof, ie, with no training at all and eager to get to the championship then yes what will really see my progress in this league with the pilots who are entries:)

Meh.

SS1: Was not really optimal, never found a rhythm and kept on running wide.
SS2: Horrible stage, hit the rocks on the inside into one of the hairpins, later on I then hit a tree in 160km/h'ish.

SS3: Decent, one CFH tho.
SS4: Probably one of my better stages if I remember right.

SS5: Very nice stage this! :p Not long gearing tho
SS6: Hit some rocks and such, cost me about 20-30 seconds.

SS7: Quite nice, actually enjoyed wet tires on a dry road, had one scary moment where I went off into the woods in a fast section, but luckily managed to squeeze my car through the trees. Hit the very last bunch of spectactors just before finish which I'm not that happy about.
SS8: There's a stupid section in the middle of split 2, with two stupid holes in it which always makes me crash into the woods. And it did so again, my first and only DNF of the rally.

SS9: A very nice stage this, and I drove very very fast, so I am very happy about that.
SS10: Another stage where I drove quite fast, but often to fast and kept on running of the road.

SS11: Fast, love these tarmac stages.
SS12: Ehm, at least I did hit the yellow car on the left hand side of the finish, probably cost me about 30 seconds...

No time to prepare and I went away for the weekend so I attempted the first US session. I could not get a feel for the Citroen so back to the drawing board. If I cannot get a feel for the car a may have to switch back to my original choice and drive the 2013 Polo WRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%