RDRC S6 Round 4 - Donegal International Rally (17th - 20th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
12428880354_721a6230d6_o.jpg

Donegal International Rally
17th - 20th May

ITINERARY:

SS1 - Ireland - RSI 1 (Tarmac Mod / Crisp Clear / New / Dry / Night)

Service

SS2 - England - Shepherds Shield (Tarmac Mod / Crisp Partcloud / Normal / Dry / Daylight)
SS3 - England - Chirdonhead (Tarmac Mod / Hazy Clear / Normal / Dry / Daylight)
SS4 - Ireland - RSI 2 (Tarmac Mod / Crisp Clear / New / Dry / Daylight)

Service

SS5 - England - Falstone (Tarmac Mod / Crisp Clear / Normal / Dry / Daylight)
SS6 - World Stages - Northumbria Tarmac (Tarmac Mod / Hazy Clear / Normal / Dry / Dusk)
SS7 - World Stages - Paddys (Tarmac Mod / Crisp Partcloud / New / Dry / Night)

Service

SS8 - England - Chirdonhead (Tarmac Mod / Rain Medium Cloud / Worn / Wet / Daylight)
SS9 - England - Falstone (Tarmac Mod / Rain Light Cloud / Worn / Wet / Daylight)
SS10 - World Stages - Northumbria Tarmac (Tarmac Mod / Heavy Cloud / Worn / Damp / Daylight)

Service

SS11 - World Stages - Paddys (Tarmac Mod / Crisp Clear / New / Dry / Daylight)
SS12 - Ireland - RSI 3 - (Tarmac Mod / Crisp Clear / New / Dry / Dusk) - POWER STAGE

SESSIONS:

RDRC S6 Round 4 US1 - Saturday 17/05/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 OC1 - Saturday 17/05/2014 09:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 EU1 - Saturday 17/05/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 US2 - Sunday 18/05/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 OC2 - Sunday 18/05/2014 09:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 EU2 - Sunday 18/05/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 US3 - Monday 19/05/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 OC3 - Monday 19/05/2014 09:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 EU3 - Monday 19/05/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 US4 - Tuesday 20/05/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 OC4 - Tuesday 20/05/2014 09:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 4 EU4 - Tuesday 20/05/2014 19:00 GMT

NOTES:

• With DST changes in effect, please check your starting time!
    • Update 03 is mandatory, please install to Participate in this round!
    • This is a league rally, car selections & regulations can be found in the rules thread and you can join the championship here.
    • Teamspeak is highly recommended and adds to the fun.
    • If you have not signed up for the championship here, please signup for the round below with your name and RSRBR Username.
    • IMPORTANT - At the end of the rally, take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times. If there is a discrepancy in the results, this is the only evidence you'll have to get your times corrected.

Last edited:
For me survival will be the name of the game here. I'm not feeling at all at home on the tarmac stages that we're heading to but I hope that, with being a bit careful, I will avoid any CFH's or Retirements which has been hitting me many times in practice for the event, the repair bills hasn't been nice to lay my eyes upon.....

At least I've managed to sort out the rear end which was a trouble at Rally Alsace so hopeful I will be able to stay on the gray stuff :)

Good luck to everyone who is going to run the rally, I will be running tomorrow :)

PS: Where would a 3.15 put me on a dry Chirdonhead so that I know what I should aim for? :redface:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry guys, had an emergency and have been away from the computer the past 2 days so I didn't manage to make US1 or OC1 :(
However, the next few sessions are up though.

SS01 - Okay-ish stage. Never pushing on these.

SS02 - Found some grass and spun, but no damage.
SS03 - I am uncapable of driving today. Another spin, and an empty radiator as a result.
SS04 - Again not pushing on these kind of stages.

SS05 - Now that's more like it. Not sure if it actually was any faster, but it felt a lot better than the previous ones :)
SS06 - This stage works better on gravel than tarmac I think. I lost 10-15 seconds on several offs in here.
SS07 - Overshot a couple of junctions and lost more time.

SS08 - Jumped off the road into a spin again. I should propably just quit right now, but that is not me.
SS09 - I need to polish out the errors, because I feel things work very well on stages like this one.
SS10 - Incredibly slippery, I had no grip on the fronts at all.

SS11 - Felt okay.
SS12 - Sliding around, nowhere near any bonuspoints anyways.

Again I feel like I'm letting myself down in a rally that counts towards points. The rally itself was excellent, the stages are very good and normally suit me very well. But somehow just not today.

Best of luck to the other drivers yet to run!

No practice and joined at the last minute...quite surprised with the result actually.

SS1 - Not bad, I took it quite slidey so a little slower but nonetheless not bad at all.

SS2 - Rather cautious but still not a bad time for me.
SS3 - VERY cautious, still managed to stay alive and have a clean run.
SS4 - Slidey again, but always fun!

SS5 - What a stage!! Car was absolutely planted the entire time :D
SS6 - Going well, went offroad near the end and lost the door and about 15 seconds, but managed to make it back.
SS7 - Still not confident enough to push hard in this stage with the polo, but it didn't stop me from trying!

SS8 - Not a bad stage but not good either, had a big high speed spin near the end but so lucky I didnt go off the road.
SS9 - Flat out again, flawless run for me, quite pleased :D
SS10 - Developed some understeer throughout the stage so had to tweak the driving style a bit to accommodate. Bit slower but kept it on the road.

SS11 - Pushed a bit more. Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't. :p
SS12 - What a blast! Hopefully it gets a good time, but either way the replay looks great :D

Good luck to everyone yet to compete :)

RS2 went on the grass got a red out like i hit a marshall. Spun in 1st Falstone. Spun off on 2nd Northumbria, should CFH it would have been quicker..

As for the rest, well coulda been quicker on a pair of roller skates... really must try it this year with practise and not so errrrrrrrr un-well from the weekend :roflmao:

Anywhooo, thanks to the organisers, well done to those who have driven and good luck to those that have not.

Regards,

jc

SS1 - Had a wee knock against the barrier in the first sector, only did some cosmetic damage though and only lost maybe 2 seconds, so not too bad.
SS2 - Bit of a slow start, but got into a good rhythm for S2 and S3. Good feeling.
SS3 - Not happy with that one, had 3 moments, one of which resulted in a half spin where I had to reverse and turn it around. I didn't have a good feeling over the compressions.
SS4 - That was OK.
SS5 - OK feeling.
SS6 - Felt good about the first sector, but found the twisty latter parts quite tricky.
SS7 - Not a big fan of this stage, but it went OK. Made a mistake at a key-left and had to reverse, lost a couple of seconds again. Also took it very slowly over Mineshaft, I went off there quite a few times in practice... :p
SS8 - Horrible stage. Kept on losing my rear over the compressions. I think I engaged reverse gear something like 4 times this stage. Also damaged my steering into a little bush, now I've got a slight pull to the right for the next two stages. Not happy with this one at all.
SS9 - That went ok, despite doing a full 360 on one of the longer straights, probably lost a fair bit of time there. This car just isn't behaving over the bumpy stuff for me. Looking forward to the relative smoothness of the next three stages. :)
SS10 - Car felt quite good on this stage, but the dampness caught me by surprise - I had a massive amount of understeer. I slid off the road on one of the early corners. Surprisingly the final sector wasn't as bad as I thought it would be with the understeer, but my time is well down on the dry time.
SS11 - That was OK.
SS12 - That went OK as well. Had a really nice first sector, but messed up a few of the latter hairpins.

Overall, a up-and-down rally. I feel like my pace has improved quite a bit, but I made a number of small mistakes, which cumulatively added up to a lot of time. Hopefully I finally finished quick enough to score some points, but we will have to see...

Good luck to all those yet to run :)

I had a ok rally but i had a spin on ss 7 where i lost some time. Not perfect on the other stages but i like this car better on tarmac. On gravel/snow i don't have the speed in this car. Maybe some practise had helpt out but i only drive this car in this championship so i'm not used to it.

It was a fun event and a big thank you to those who put this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back