RDRC S6 Round 2 - Rally Alsace (5th-8th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My report, done as I complete stages. Hoping I can do well in this rally, as I really enjoy tarmac stages. One thing that annoys me about the Corsa is that it doesn't have a "long" drop gear... this means that on the longest ratios I still only reach 183km/h and top out very quickly on the flat-out stages. There aren't many of those here, thankfully.

SS1: The ultra-short stages are my favourites, and this one is nice and simple, apart from that damn chicane. Missed it, though! 35.98, a PB!

SS2: Peyregrosse. Uh-oh. AAAAGH ruined by my own silly mistakes. That's my first retirement of this rally. Really didn't need that!

SS3: Blergh, I like Joux Verte, but wasn't feeling it today. Stalled at the first hairpin, and an appointment with a tree near the end left me doing the last 1.5km in 1st gear. Not a good start.

SS4: I had to do the whole stage in 1st! The service point rule has bitten me hard. Not happy with my rally so far at all. Hope the dry stages bring me some luck.

SS5: Nope. high-speed errors, and now I'm stuck with a car that pulls to the right under brakes. JOY

SS6: Ah, screw it. I'll repair. I don't like Foron anyway.

SS7: Puy du Lac, we meet again. And you do good by me this time! Thank you.

SS8: More mistakes! I'd say more but I'd get banned for language.

SS9: No.

SS10: Agh, I'm not even going to bother anymore. I'll take the contractual times, I've had it with my own errors DESPITE my practice runs.

Peace out.

mad-at-theinternet.gif

Well it could have gone better, but whatever.
Seems being unwell and having 0 practice whatsoever pays off....eventually.

SS1: Cautious, hit a couple of barriers but meh.

SS2: Better than expected. Took slowly but still managed to have a few hairy moments...crowd control could have been better in that stage, luckily I didn't hit anyone

SS3: Couldn't find the rhythm in the first half of the stage, had 2 half spins, but managed to claw back roughly 5 seconds from Michael...

SS4: I can see! Took at regular pace, no need to push like crazy in the wet.

SS5: Wasn't awfully confident so took it at 90% pace...ended up quite consistent through the final two splits.

SS6: We have a saying here I will not repeat, but lets but say the car was all over the place...nonetheless not a bad time.

SS7: You mean I actually finished PDL for once? Mother of god...
...bearing in mind the second half was at absolute snails pace.

SS8: Where the actual hell did you find 32 seconds Michael? O_o (No split 2, is timing playing up or something or are you just bonkers? :p )

SS9: FMLFMLFMLFML.....slip into a tree slowly, car still runs, except I have no gearbox at all...well, It was good while it lasted I suppose.

SS10: Took cautiously after the previous stage (why theres a point now I don't know) but managed to make it to the end.

SS11: Karma I rolled I suppose, but took the whole stage at about 30%....but its a really nice stage and I thought it would be nice for some diversity and to introduce some new stages... :(

SS12: Out to bring it to the finish now, glad I finished this stage after the past could of times with very bad luck on it.

Good luck to the EU4 guys, hope you have fun.

SS11: Karma I rolled I suppose, but took the whole stage at about 30%....but its a really nice stage and I thought it would be nice for some diversity and to introduce some new stages..

I'm glad you're trying new stages to keep it interesting its just this stage is a bit dodgy. Keep looking for new stuff otherwise we'd all be bored

Have to say that BTB stages should be highlighted and a download link in the notes section. Not everyone knows that it has to be downloaded or is familiar with RSRBR's "forced" unique way to add stages.

Not a whole heap of practise for this one, especially with only one stage being repeated, so i'm aiming for a safe run here.

Live stage reporting;
SS1: Went ok

SS2: Disaster! CamHack wasn't working for some reason, so I was scrambling around looking for the right button to get me away from the rubbish angle I was stuck with and hit a barrier, causing the dreaded 'high water temperature warning'. About 2km from the end of the stage the engine died. Happy days. Bugs like this really do my t*ts in. Managed to find the correct camera angle while I was stationary. Turns out there was absolutely no reason for camhack not working....
SS3: Tried to enjoy myself on this one, and I did. No idea if it was quick or not!
SS4: Solid run through here, no big mistakes but still cautious.

SS5: Cautious run, no issues.
SS6: Very scrappy, hit the barriers more than once! Slightly damaged car so Puy Du LAc will be a total nightmare...
SS7: ... and it is! Dodgy steering meant keeping the car straight on the narrow lanes was tricky. Managed ok until the last 1km, where I spun it, hitting a tree. Made it to the end. Just.

SS8-SS10: Very scrappy, lots of mistakes, and radiator damage in Siviersdorf. Not looking good for the final two stages! No surprise considering I've only ever seen this stage once before... and that was today!
SS11: Somehow finished this despite the broken radiator, not sure it'll last the distance though....
SS12: Tippy-toeing and short-shifting just to get to the finish here! Retired 1.5km from the end, which is just an utter p*ss-take after getting so far into the stage.

It's nights like this that remind me how utterly frustrating RBR can be sometimes! Saying that though, I could only manage a single run through all the stages beforehand, and some I'd never driven before at all. So practise and stage knowledge definitely helps here. Hopefully next time won't be so soul-destroying.

I know it's waay late, but in case someone can't download the BTB file, I uploaded it here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y7dnkbdfv5tblnc/Install_Pack_BTBFrance_2014.exe

Very nice of you Manuel, but as you said, sadly too late for some. I managed to get it done yesterday(Tuesday), but I was sadly already "booked" and couldn't drive, that's why I was sad I couldn't take part on Monday.

My Porsche might only win the "golden pineapple", but the Rally D'Alsace would have been quite a home rally(The part of Switzerland I live in is actually right at the border to France and the region of the alsace, the "Elsass" as we call it in German). The stages sounded so interesting, now I didn't even get to take part:cry:

Well I had fun at least. No practice at all but for the most part I was pretty happy with my rally except for SS10 where I loaded the stage, changed my car setup and when I was going back to select "Drive" the game went to desktop. I may have hit multiple keys because my keyboard was just over an arms length away so I blame myself for my one and only DNF. I hope to get in more practice for the next round.

Thanks to all for a great show!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years