RDRC S5 Round 9 - 1000 lakes Rally (14th – 17th September)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to be in time for driving the EU4-session. Been off computing, out hunting and then taking care of all the meat for the last 10 Days, so my only training has been in my Real Life Xsara Kombi on Real Life Mustaselka-look-alike roads...
Had a good rally. A lot of small mistakes as usual and then a more costful mistake at SS9, where I went off and then tried to get back to the road for a while before finally CFH. Lost 1 min at that mishap.
No retirements this time around!
thanks organisers!

Well chuffed with the power stage win, my first stage win in the RDRC-2 :). Pretty close to an overall power stage point too (4th), but not quite.

Actually, pretty happy with 6th, didn't expect that with my DNFs, so hey, good consolation; 11 points. 5th for Corey means it was pretty good for the team as well, so all-in-all ntb.

Grats to all who took part, and cheers to the organizers :)

I'm not trying to cause trouble here but how can the maximum stage time for SS1 be 4:30 an the maximum for SS14 is 7 minutes when SS14 is significantly shorter? Just wondering but it seems a bit off.

Better than I expected since I hadn't driven since the last nightmare of a rally for me. I tried to bring it home in one piece but lost focus on the final stage. I hope to get my pace up again and score more points next time.

Thanks to all for a great rally.

What a dissapointing rally............

SS1 - Rally Poland:

I decided to go for wets due to the later stages so tried to take it easy on the first run through the stage to save the tires and go for a full attack second run through.

SS2 - Humaläki R:

See SS1. Had one scare but managed to keep the car on the road and get to the finish.

SS3 - Rally Poland:

Here goes.....

Johan said that he would be reading the notes quicker so that I had the chance to speed up and it sort of worked but ran wide at on the 90 rights and climbed a rock. This teared the oil pipes clean off and we had to spend time in the rain trying to get it fixed which we managed to do but the optimal time for the stage had been done (what actually happened was that I understeered on the slippery surface and head on hit the rock killing the engine :( )

SS4 - Humalamäki R:

We managed to get to the next stage and was just looking to get to the finish but it was not too be as the temporary fix un-hitched itself which saw us have an oil leak and we had to stop again to try and get it fixed better so we could even get to the Service Area.
Again we managed to get it fixed but once again the maximum time for the stage had been reached (In actuality I went sideways over one of the many crests and sideswiped a well placed rock when I landed without a chance to try and avoid it once we got over the crest and stage over :( ).

SERVICE

SS5 - Kaihuavara II:

It went well for about 1 minute of the stage, the service crew did a great work on the car getting it repaired. I'm affraid I wasn't as nice to it. Missheard a note and went straight in the first hairpin and with no run off I said hellow to another set of stones, engine stalled and concussioned :unsure:

We did our best to get it started and it finally worked but the highest time allowed on the stage had once again been reached........ :(

SS6 - Sikakama II:

Before we came to the stage Johan said some well chosen word, of which about 90% isn't suitable for these forums, but it looked like it made the difference.

As soon as the stage started I was in the zone and Johan was steadily speeding up the notes. Some notes, which I had written though, didn't suit the pace at which we were going (this was true for all of these II stages :confused::unsure::mad::sick::speechless: ) and this saw us go slower than we should have but we were happy after the stage, Johan can be quoted saying "That was really good Jonatan, keep this up now!"

SS7 - Autiovaara II:

Except for Johan reading a note wrong which saw me looking for a 3 left when it was a:

Höger 4 till osynlig vänster 3 till Höger 4 i omedelbar Hårnål Vänster;

Right 4 to Invisable Left 3 to Right 4 in Instant Hairpin Left;

but fortunately we had low enough speed to not fly into the scenery. After Johan said sorry we were on it again and finished without any problems :)

SS8 - Mustaselka II:

Went a tad bit slowly due to the notes being a bit off so didn't have the confidence to go all out but we finished without crashing out which was a + :geek:

SS9 - Humalamaki:

The crest before the same crest as when we were going the other way on the stage and the rear end hit the same stone when I lost the car a tad bit over the crest. Fortunately we had no wheel damage and we could get to the finish of the stage and the following Service.

SERVICE

SS10 - Kaihuavaara:

A fairly good run through with me trying a bit too hard to go quicker than was possible which resulted in a spin which lost us a few seconds :thumbsdown:

SS11 - Sikakama:

Tried to go quickly here but had a few small offs which lost us time so went into controlled mode towards the end of the stage :unsure:

SS12 - Autiovaara:

Went through the stage in damage limitation as the stage has seen me crash quite a few times while practicing. Johan did a great job here and we still managed a resonably time :)

SS13 - Mustaselka:

What a stage, what a car, what a co-driver, what a hairpin.......

Johan was reading the notes at a pace I've never heard before and that saw me drive like a scolded rat. Only one moment on the stage was a scare and that was when I didn't hear a note and went slightly wide banging into a tree which then also saw us go wide a couple of turns later as I hadn't heard the note because we hit the tree :confused::roflmao:

But we managed to get past that and that we got the win on the stage is awesome but Craig must have had a small problem of his own ;) :)

SERVICE

SS14 - Humalamäki:

Again tried to go quickly through the stage and again the same bloody rock saw us spin.......... But again a bit of luck as no damage was sustained and we managed to get to the finish of the rally.

I'm affraid that if I crash in the next rally it'll have to come out of my wage as our purse is getting thinner and thinner because I can't keep the car on the road :unsure::confused::cautious:

Thanks for the rally and looking forward to the next one :)

fantastic! :)

thanks Jack and Emil and congrats too.

Magnar, it's funny that you didn't reach the points scoring deadline because the only time that happened to me was in this same rally last year and also had a good rally for the most part. Congrats Craig, Magnus and everyone and I wonder what Saki said this time David, well done to you both haha :thumbsup:

and also wd to Ole who managed to leave me just 2 stages short of taking 14 in his Evo.

Thanks guys and see you in Japan

I was doing some calculation with first 4 places in RDRC-2 and here what i came with. If i dont take any point in last 3 rallyes and Nelson take all three 1.places and all three 1. places in Power stages, he`s still 2 points short. Serban need "only" three 1.places to be one point over me and Cunningham need all three 1.places and one 2. or two 3. Power stages. This will be great fight among these three guys for 2. place .....because i intend to grab enough points (11 in next three rallyes) to not allow that kind of hypothesis to become possible.

...If i dont take any point in last 3 rallyes and Nelson take all three 1.places and all three 1. places in Power stages, he`s still 2 points short...

I could have done without knowing that :p. No, you've done a great job this season and deserve your results. :thumbsup:. I'm definitely gonna be pushing hard the next 3 rounds to get that second place, but the guys are around me are all so fast it'll be very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back