RDRC S5 Round 7 - Coffs Harbour Rally (3rd - 6th August 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine always said there was an update but never led me to that download page. So I just installed Update 5 and it was fine. Strange.

I got that message when starting RSRBR via the 'alone' or 'public' .exe's, but couldn't download it. Starting RSRBR from the main RScentre2013.exe fixed it though. I had already installed update 5 too.

Will be shifting to OC4 as I simply cannot concentrate on anything today and I'm not risking having a rubbish rally because I can't concentrate :cry:

Edit: Will give it a go to get it out of the way, will just drive a bit slower this time round :p
(Also give Senad some company in OC3!)

Last edited:
Will be shifting to OC4 as I simply cannot concentrate on anything today and I'm not risking having a rubbish rally because I can't concentrate :cry:

Edit: Will give it a go to get it out of the way, will just drive a bit slower this time round :p
(Also give Senad some company in OC3!)
And I was probably going to switch to OC4 :D. Still need to set everything up and practice a bit.

Ah well I'm in OC3 now, just want to get it over and done with and stop having the anticipation growing on me more :p
Practiced the first 6 stages once or twice (or at least enough to be wary that its VERY slippery on those damp stages in that car) so I should be in for a hopefully cause pace rally. My goal is to just not retire!
Already having new thoughts about next season too.

SS1: Going into the rally with one thing in mind: to finish with the new car.
Took the stage at a cautious pace, clipped a bank slightly about 3/4 of the way through but apart from that no issues.

SS2: Misheard the caution I made on recce into a 3 right and had a big spin, luckily I was able to carry on but I lost about 10 seconds in the process as the car stalled!

SS3: So that plan turned to a pile of :poop::poop::poop::poop:....great feeling in the car, right up until it understeered into a tree and killed the engine.

SS4: Managed to salvage quite a decent run finally, no mistakes and overall a good feel in the car.

SS5: Need to tweak the setup for the afternoon stages, car is understeering quite a bit at low revs. Stage was like driving on ice though, and i bet that didn't help!

SS6: Fantastic feeling in that stage, no mistakes and managed to go at about 90% pace which is good for the new car.

SS7: Changing setup payed off, great performance from the car as it absorbed all the bumps with no issues. Only issues came from the ignorant driver than resulted in a half spin and and most going off into the trees from a misheard note (Evgeny style, replay will look fantastic I hope) :thumbsup:
Just going at our own pace now as this rally was always going to be about getting some competitive seat time with the new car and not trying to go flat out.

SS8: Great little stage, too bad the driver was careless and spun about 500m into it :p

SS9: Should have been a good stage, but at this stage I'm just too damn tired to concentrate..
Reminder: BUY SOME RED BULL.
Ended up going off the stage more than once and resulting in an CFH :\ But hey, at least it wasn't a retirement. And my HUD decided to run out of power too near the end :thumbsup:

SS10: Ugh. Nearing the finish and bounces off a corner and understeers into a tree again. Starting to get real tired of your :poop:, understeer.

SS11: Sunday drive to the finish, have nothing to prove, but did manage to save the car from imminent death near the finish by using the handbrake and making the rear absorb the impact instead. apart from that it wasn't a bad stage.

SS12: Quick blast through the final SS, probably not enough for a spot on the podium as I went wide a few times, but please with it.

On the whole it was a bag of mixed outcomes really, main point is managed to get valuable seat time in the car competitively. Wasn't looking for podium positions, but over the next few rallies I hope I can build up to it.

Good luck to everyone else that is yet to compete, can't wait to see highlights.

My performance at EU2 didnt went as i planed. I opened rally in Greenhills good. Could be a bit faster but OK. Mineshaft turn this all story into disaster. Crash my car in most supid place...."straight 200" and i had to retire. On other stages i chase time because i lost about 5min so i did some mistakes like offroading mixed up with some wrong setup.
Anyway, i should be grateful because all rally didnt gone worse and i saw finish flag straight from my car seat and not from cabin of towing truck.
To bad for Magnus and Corey for their retiremant at SS4 and SS5 so they didnt took advantage of my stupid mistake but...that`s all about rally...fast is not enough, you have to have and bit of luck and cold head to.
Good luck to all who didnt start yet.
See you at the next rally.

What an idiot! Joined tonight with the wrong car! Will have to join tomorrow night's session now and miss football...

Wish I could set up another server like the club rallies!

SS1- Magnar in a WRC :confused: needless to say I pushed like hell in the dark, best time ever here for me (day & night).

SS2- Another good time a bit trickier and a tiny bit less tidy but still I'm pleased, the back bounced a little bit on the big jump.

Service Park- I know the easy months are past now, can't let go for a second, I know that Magnar is a very quick guy :) everything going to plan at the moment, slippery part coming up.

SS3- Pheew I'm glad I got that stage out of the way, one or two wide moments but no serious mistakes, I notice Magnar had a problem, well that sucks because my long anticipated battle is over :(

SS4 & 5 retired, I'm very dissapointed. I'm out, with 2 retirements I think the best I could aspire to is around 15th and I've got no reason to contiune if no points.

Good luck to the guys left to run and thanks to the organizers.

Cheers

SS01 - Nerveous, sloppy start to the rally.
SS02 - A bit better, but still not good enough.

SS03 - DNF - Had a good stage until I had a spin and whacked the front into a bank. The clutch was then destroyed, so I retired to get a repaired car for the next stage instead.
SS04 - Had to stop in a hairpin around sector 2 when I dragged some banners in front of my car, so they cleared off and I could see the road again.
SS05 - Flipped the car a couple of kilometres before the end, I still had a decent time :)

SS06 - Sideways goes the Celica! Overshot the penultimate corner aswell.
SS07 - Very hesitant, but a nice time in the end.
SS08 - Very safe, a bit too much maybe?

SS09 - Faster than the other direction, still I have a bit more pace than this.
SS10 - Okay stage, it felt a bit hesitant this one aswell.
SS11 - Definately to hesitant. And I had at least one spin in there!

SS12 - DNF - locked the front wheels over the final jump on the first lap, and killed the engine in the barrier.

Last edited:
Started cautiously and was doing alright in the first half, then the errors started.
I had 4 CFH, 2 on the same stage were I also lost my brakes. The following stage I still had no brakes and my steering was badly damaged, I ended up retiring after I killed the engine.
Tried a bit too hard in the final stage and had some wide turns wasting a bit of time but thought this was a really good round despite my errors.
Thanks to RD for putting these events together:thumbsup:

I was driving my first rally in an WRC car for a long time and in a car that i have just a little practice in. I have tried it out on some stages the last week but need more time in it before i can go flat out.
I started carfull and Manuel was faster so i go in my own speed, still i had to retire on SS3 after i hit a tree and killed the engine.

On SS5 i had a strange accident, i hit something in the middle of the road and the car rolled and landed on the roof, i don't know what happen there.
Here is a video of this:

After that i was chasing Ole Marius the rest of the rally since Manuel had retierd. I could not catch him but it was close.

Thanks for a Nice event.

Saw that nobody signed up for US4. I signed up for a EU session but will try to make it now, if the US4 session will be created.

If not I shall try to drive tomorrow during the day.

Weird stuff, Magnar!

EDIT: ahhh gutted that I retired 4 times, especially in the last 2 stages, they were stupid retimerents. Driving with the keyboard wasn't easy but still I had fun during the rally, even though my pace might not even be enough to beat production cars!

Good luck to all the rest of the drivers, and thank you very much RDRC Team for organizing all this! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back