RDRC S5 Round 7 - Coffs Harbour Rally (3rd - 6th August 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweeeeet, my laptop has passed away.. Turned it off yesterday and today it just wont start again. Already opened it, cleaned all the contacts, fans, put on fresh thermo-thingy... It just keeps beeping when I press the power button. Seems like graphic card or RAM failure

Report from RD Rally Team Ford Fiesta #66:

I decided to stick with the time slot, but had to shake off the nervousness during the first stages. I still drove quite passive&defensive.

I did okay, even though I wanted to craft a tree on Mineshaft II(the irony).

It sadly came apart when I had a horrendous East West II, as I had to CFH once. But it got even worse as I clipped the earth wall to the left, which send me into a sideflip and down the road towards the trees. Engine gone:(

Angry start to the Prospect Ridge II, and as I approached the first split with a 90° left hander, I locked my brakes when I braked too late and faced the trucks head on. Engine x2:(

What a shame, could have been a decent run through the rally otherwise.

I hope I can get trough the next rally without a DNF.

I'd swear had some RS interface update (as well as 05), I think, its was really early and I'm effin tired. But I am sure I seen a update to 1.9 or something. It only took 1 min, but I am just sayin.... (or was just a dream ooooOOOOOoooooooo )

Also the link for the Password didnt seem to direct me to the right place soooo..

Password link:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/racing-club-teamspeak-passwords.10977/

I just took 1 run round for gearing set up, not looking so great. I still have a bouncy rear end, brakes are locking, dammmed understeer (as usual with this car). and I have no energy to fiddle with its under-belly... so moving on in the same mode from the summer break, all is normal and I drive like a granny. Race predictions: 500m (then CFH).

Goodluck all!

I really need to find some consistency... Once again one stupid error which lead me to lose temper and the rally was once again ruined. Skipped to the power stage which was a lot of fun! :p I was too sideways though so don't expect too many points from there either...

SS1 - Don't like gravel stages in the dark...but i finished it without damage!
SS2 - Again in the dark, i drove to carefully...
Service
SS3 - Ah more light! But after a few corners RBR crashed....dooh :(
SS4 - Some little mistakes, but ok for the rest.
SS5 - During recce it was dry...so less grip now. But made it without too much damage.
Service
SS6 - Drove a nice stage here i think, nice flow!
SS7 - ...hate this stage, altough it went very well, untill the last fast section before the finish, i spun...that costed me the scratch on this one.
SS8 - Frazier Wells with a damaged car...:p ;) fun! But i went pretty wel i think! ;)
Service
SS9 - A few little mistakes!
SS10 - A few little mistakes!
SS11 - 3 crashes, a big one and 2 minor ones. The mechanics didn't like me anymore when i returned to service! :p But i finished the stage!
Service
SS12 - Drove this track so many times before...but i spun...costed me about 10 seconds. Haha :)

I am looking forward to the next rally ;)

Good luck for the ones who have to drive this rally coming days, it's a lot of..................gravel ;)

It was a very annoying rally...I tried to play it safe, cause of the lack of practising, and I got throught the first 10 stages. And then I made twon minor mistakes, but on the worst places. You can do run wides like this thousands of place, but where I did it, there were a tree, and a cliff.... :(

Drove some practice yesterday, first time in a long time. Actually had a pretty good feeling, so looking forward to this one. Lots of drivers on in this session, 6 RDRC-2 drivers, so it'll be good to see how I do.

The end of my winter season went pretty poorly, so I'm looking to do consistently well for the summer season. I'd be very happy with 2nd overall in the points at the end of the season, which I think is attainable with consistency.

SS1-Forgot to open camhack. Was quite a bit off the pace, just didn't have the confidence to attack.
SS2-Much better. Felt pretty comfortable. Made a mistake at a junction, lost a wee bit of time there, but happy with my pace.
SS3-Again, happy with my pace. Another mistake at a junction cost me a bit of time, my right side hit a tree at low speed, luckily avoided damage.
SS4-I'm really wanting a handbrake after this stage. Lots of understeer, really pronounced in the forest sections. Still, went OK, but I was losing a lot of speed in the corners.
SS5-Good feeling on this stage, the understeer of the last stage not present for this one.
SS6-Felt pretty good, the first sector especially.
SS7-Not very familiar with this stage, it went OK, but I probably should have done long gears.
SS8-Don't think I've ever done that stage reversed before. A few hairy moments in th first sector, but otherwise fine.
SS9-Timer glitch occured, as always I don't like to chance anything, so did all the following stages immediately and going from memory. Can't remember what happened on this stage. Although, I did figure out why the glitch occurs, happened at midnight. So, something to do with the clock rolling over.
SS10-Had a moment here where I nearly hit a tree, managed to just avoid it. First sector was a bit slow, but otherwise OK.
SS11-Really pushing here, went for long gears this time, but I think medium might have been better, I was quite timid in the downhills.
SS12-Never really liked these sort of stages, did OK, but no power stage points for me, since I finished fourth in class for this stage :p.

Overall, I'm really damn pleased with that. I had an insane amount of fun, especially battling with John Cunningham, it really forced me to drive to my limits. So thanks for all who drove, it was brilliant. And thanks to the staff.

One thing's for sure, I need to start joining the Rally Club events again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years