RDRC S5 Round 6 - Barum Rally (8th - 11th June 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-rally: Coming to the Czech rally with a comfortable lead in the Championship. Confident. Tarmac is not my speciality and some of these stages are new to me. Will be an interesting challenge.
First service. Blah. School stage turned out to be difficult already from start. Lost 5 minutes immediately. SS2 was also tricky. Spun twice and hit a spectator. Another minute was lost. SS3, which I knew rather well since Before was OK.
Second service: School start was worse. Crashed in second corner. Lost oil pressure and lost 5 minutes. Car was well repaired for SS5 and it felt good. A fast time on this stage I think. Then SS6 was a disaster again. Killed a spectator and got lost in some junctions. Must be some 10 or 15 minutes behind the leaders by now. But I will continue in the rally and hopefully score some points in order to secure the title.
Third service: School is impossible. Crashed for the third time on this stage, and lost Another 5 minutes. SS8 was OK, but very Close to the finish line I hit a tree and damaged the radiator. I was worried for the whole SS9. Very high temperature, and I tried to go at high gears and low revs as much as possible. Luckily reached the finish line without loosing to much time.
Finish: I had a good SS10 after some lucky escapes, then I decided to push on the Power stage. Slid however out in the forest and tried for a long time to get back on the road, Finally I got help from the spectators. More than a minute lost - and there will be no powerstage Points for me.
A disappointing rally for me. I have to train more on the tarmac and I also need some better setups for the bumpy tarmac stages.
However the season has been great for me in the production class. Maybe I will get a chance to race a faster car in the future?

I was very slow at the beginning trying to find the grip. I didn't ran into any big problems but small mistakes probably cost me some good points. Spectators got in my way on SS3 and 8 and that influenced my rhythm. :(

I had some luck on stage 5 where after the jump, car got unbalanced and I stopped it from crashing into a garage. I hit it but only just and the only thing that was damaged was the front bumper.

I attacked the power stage in hope of getting some points because I wasn't satisfied with my speed and the loss of two minutes during the rally. It went very good but I don't think it will be enough.

Not a good rally for me. Mistakes through a lot of the stages. I retired on SS2, but wanted to keep running and try and salvage some points. Unfortunately, made a mistake on SS9, and misheard a pacenote on SS10 to bring the total number of retirements up to three.

Pushed on the power stage, but made a few small mistakes. Hopefully can salvage a few points from that, but I'm not sure.

Two really disappointing rallies in a row for me. I need to bounce back for the Summer Series if I am to have any hope of obtaining second in the championship.

SS1 - slid off early on, and had FPS issues for almost the entire stage
SS2 - killed it. Nice looking stage, better than SS01, and no FPS issues
SS3 - went of twice in the same spot, in the exact same manner. Quite annoyed with it, and with the instability of the car

SS4 - again, FPS issues until the final 300 metres. Managed to go through without damage
SS5 - gorgeous! One spin, other than that, went well
SS6 - another nice looking stage. Survived a huge moment near the start, really lucky there. Somehow got massive steering damage afterwards, so it was a struggle to get to the end. Got lost a few times as well.

SS7 - fraaaaameee raaaateeeeee... retired
SS8 - horrible
SS9 - fairly well, I enjoyed it

SS10 - okayish. Spun at exactly the same place as in SS3, going the other way...
SS11 - so many crashes and people killed, that I decided to retire and save myself the bother

Fairly good outing for the team this rally, one retirement was unfortunate though.

SS1: Took the stage very slowly as I have only been on it a couple of times, don't want to risk damaging the car.

SS2: Second half I changed my pace a bit, no mistakes though so was a good stage.

SS3: Too much acceleration at the start, the car hit the grass and spin backwards into a bale and lost my spoiler etct. Didn't stop me from still going at speed though. Both hairpins were perfect too so big plus!

SS4: Codriver told me to cut, when there was a tree hiding behind the corner, killed car completely

SS5: Good stage, good speed and kept to my limits

SS6: Nice quick pace run, no problems. Car was insane to drive!

SS7: Cautious approach once again, very slippy!
SS8: Good pace, but got a bit carried away and ended up down a ditch...saved it though.

SS9: Minor spin in a field near the start but other than that, moderately good stage.

SS10: Fairly good pace again, no mistakes except for a minor spin

SS11: Pushed a bit for the last one, no mistakes which was very good.

And so I say goodbye to the DS3, as I have a new car for the Summer Series and testing has already begun!

Yesssssss :D

WOOW at Magnar! first he's done it in WRC now doing it in a 2WD car, superb podium man! congrats. Also congrats to Gerben in his Fiesta too :) and Jack too quick in the power stage wd.

well done all

...how?
I knew I pushed in that stage but...damn son :p
I think we can all safely assume Magnar is an other worldly being with that performance :)
Well done to everyone, great rally!
Kinda bummed that I got a retirement, those results could have been interesting :thumbsup:
Oh well, good finish with the car and into something less of a handful for next time out haha

Woooooooooooo! 2 outright stagewins in that piece of :whistling: car! The first and last ones, I fear :p
Will be testing some more cars over the summer break, and race with something even funnier towards the winter again :)

Wasn´t really looking forward to this one so much because of my performance in the last one, before which I was kind of putting an eye on the half time championship, but Magnus scored the maximum so it was pretty much sealed.

Made a short shakedown about an hour before my session started which made me a bit more positive about the outcome.

SS1 - quite a nice stage, beached the car in the first corners though and lost about 10s.

SS2 - scary sounding name :roflmao: was just trying to be cautious to finish without any bigger mistakes as i spun here quite often during the shakedown.

SS3 - nice stage, I was just hoping I wouldn´t get lost as I have done here in the past. Got confused only once and spun once other then that a solid run.

SS4 - really nice stage this Rally School, nice run this time and a good time.

SS5 - great stage, a lot of fun, also great looking scenery, 13 more of those please :p

SS6 - similar to SS2, not very confident here slid wide quite early and hit spectators so 45s lost, later a spin and bad driving so overall about a minute lost.

SS7 - still a nice stage (one more time would get boring though), went a bit over the limit in a few corners so i almost lost the car, not a great run, 2s slower.

SS8 - again this scary name, had a spin and some scary moments, just 10s faster then the wet time, just not good enough.

SS9 - another very nice stage, very fast, but I decided to stay cautious so could have gone a lot faster

SS10 - THE HORROR for some reason I had completely lost concentration, several times got confused by directions had to reverse a long bit once for going towards the finish to early, in the end even got a CFH because i went on 2 wheels on one of the gravel fields and slid into spectators.

SS11 - didn´t have any hope for a power stage win, didn´t go to bad though.

This rally clearly had 2 different qualities of stages, Pibram, Osli-Stryckovy and
Stryckovy-Zadini are really well made and a pleasure to drive, the others apart from the Rally School I didn´t enjoy so much.

A bit sad also to run the 2nd half of the rally without any competition in my session, it´s difficult to judge how you are doing without any other times.

Quite happy overall with how the 1st half of the season went, no major mistakes on track (finished 65 of the 67 stages) only messed up in the 2nd round starting with the wrong car. Looking forward to the rest of the year.

Congrats to Magnus for the Winter Championship in our class and to all the other Winners.

Woohoo best rally result for me so far! Class & power stage win & 8th overall. Nice to see I had wins on my fav stages also. Feels really nice to get max points, doesn't happen often :). It sure helps to finish with no CFH/DNF's and I'll put that down to the couple of hours practice I did on Saturday when I did all my crashing, whilst learning all the hidden traps. Bit of a bummer there was only 5 entries in Production class, hopefully we get a few more runners for the second half of the season.

Congrats to all the other podium-getters & Winter Champions. Looking forward to what the Summer Series changes might be.

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!! My second goal for this season was to get the Fiesta S1600 on the overall podium and now it is done. I'm very happy with this.
My first goal was to drop down a grade, thats why i stareted to drive this car.
I was not a big fan of the turbo powered like WRC cars, low revs and hi torque is not my style of driving.I feel i'm not driving fast enough then, and keep on pushing to i go off the road.Therefore a high rev N/A car suits me better.
But the Fiesta it is a very nice little car to drive and the goal to drop a class was over fast. This car is actually very quick on the stages, especially on tarmac.
Now i have come on the overall podium in all classes here...so whats next?
There are roumors about some changes of the rules here, so maybe some car testing this summer. And lately i try out the Citroen DS3 RRC and beginning to get the grip of driving a turbo car
Thanks all for a great season so far and lots of fun on the stages

Nice driving Magnar! Not the first time FWD car is fast on tarmac also... How many of you remembers what Philippe Bugalski did with Citroën Xsara Kit-Car? ;)

2 not WRC's on the podium! Very nice drive Magnar!

I am very happy with my 3rd place overall and first win in RDRC2

I tought i would be somewhere in the top 10! So this is a good and nice surprise for me!

Nice driving Magnar! Not the first time FWD car is fast on tarmac also... How many of you remembers what Philippe Bugalski did with Citroën Xsara Kit-Car? ;)
Twice! Allthough he had a 2-litre car with even more power than Magnar had, aswell as the WRC's of the time was a bit slower than what we have :p I start to see a problem with Magnar, though. Driving a small, low powered FWD and one eye just is not enough of a handicap, I think we should put him in the Yugo for the second part of the season :p

Good to be on the podium again, without practising that is a good result for me, and also good to grab some outright points :) But now I don't want to see my car ahead of the next rally :D Have a nice summer everybody :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 226 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%