RDRC S5 Round 3 - Sno*Drift Rally (6-9th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, oh why couldn't I have remembered this, would have been 3rd(?) in class :cry:

A little report from one of the non points scoring drivers and hardly any practice and hardly any preperation..... and tired at the time of driving..... and happy with the result even though I didn't score points :) (I'm not happy with myself.....)

Pre-Event:

Had hardly any practice beside doing recces and setting the car up with my limited knowledge of the stages. Knew it would be a bompy ride with some trecherous parts, especially the jump in the Mineshaft stage....

SS1 - Frazier Wells:

First stage of the rally and the one, from practice, that I was not looking forward to. The snow and clouds was nothing to worry about, the way the stage snakes, bumps and generally throws you off the road was, especially in the Alfa which, as soon as I thought I had the car, would want to go the other way.

So drove the stage in damage limitation as well as I could and I got to the finish to end up rolling the car as I crossed the finish line, might have been the second run through (WAS THE SECOND RUN THROUGH :coffee: ), just remember rolling it and cracking the windshield which was not optimal I thought.

SS2 - Greenhills:

Second stage and after some roadside repairs, to get a new windshield in, was carrying one if the boot during Frazier in case what happened happened.

After SS1 I tried to push a bit harder but I pushed to hard and my driving got close to reckless at times, hitting 2 trees with the right rear, thankfully enough only cosmetic damage to the car, not something the service crew would be happy with come next service.
Someone who was even angryer with my driving was Johan who was sitting beside me in the car, reading the notes for me via Skype with sharescreen. He said something in the terms of "either you drive better or we won't finish this rally"

The time was very bad with these misstakes.

SS3 - Diamond Creek:

Forgot to load the correct setup so I was a bit worried about what the car would do but attacked the stage hard as the Alfa, even in default, is very good on this stage, just a bit tail happy during long braking zones.

Had two small scares over the blind crests but the time was good for being with the default setup :)

SERVICE

SS4 - Frazier Wells:

Second run through the stage and was just as worried as the first time through but pushed a bit more as I had gotten into the grove. Went well until I finished and rolled the car over at the right hander before the stop signs. See SS1 for the rest of what happened here.

SS5 - Greenhills:

Greenhills for the second time with better conditions and better roads but missed to load the setup yet again. Went well until the turn after the second tree hit were I understeered, pulled the handbrake to try and stay out of the trees but front ended a tree quite hard.

The engine wouldn't start quickly enough so me and Johan froze a fingers off trying to get the car started and we finally did. We weren't in time to get a time counted for the stage but at least we got out of it. (DNF'd the stage, wanted to make a bit more life like :p ). We sped to the next stage and were just in time to the start.

SS6 - Diamond Creek:

Diamond Creek again and one fo the best stages for the Alfa and it showed, this time with the correct setup we were flying through the stage and I did a PB stage time so couldn't gone faster through the stage, very happy with the time :)
Might also have been the fact that it was dark(er) than the first time through, I tend to drive faster during the evenings or night stages :laugh:

SS7 - NewBobs (Can't load the replay, shader fault message):

First time through the stage and I was going quite nicely and easily pushing through parts of the stage where I knew what it would look like, I've run the stage the other way through many times as that is one of my favourite stages of the whole set of stages available :D

Resonably happy with the time I manged to put in, didn't risk anything as I was affraid to ruin the rally completely with another DNF.....

Johan was at least happy, no problems after these 2 stages, he wasn't happy with me for the misstakes I made on SS5.

SERVICE

SS8 - Hualapai Nation:

First proper run ever through the stage, had only done a recce before the event, and it went quite smoothly. A couple of scares during the part of the stage were you have the mountain to the left and big drops to the right. Was on the edge of addhesion as I powered through the stage.

Happy with the time on the stage while Johan said he would need to visit the mens room before the following stages if I were to drive like that through the rest of them :p

SS9 - Prospect Ridge:

First proper run through the stages and about 2 ks from the end of the stage there were a very tight right hander were Johan made the first and only misstake of the rally and read it wrong to me and I slid into the mountain, damaging the left rear wheel, the car was a bit unpredictable but I got through the stage resnoably quickly.

SS10 - Mineshaft:

Damaged car and just wanted to get through the stage and it didn't take long before the damage made itself known as the rear end got loose, I tried to hold it but we ended up on a bank and we tipped over on the roof and the crowd had to help us get on the wheels again.

Rest of the stage went slowly as the windshield was cracked, just about survived the landing after the jump, wasn't far from loosing it and going into the forest on the right in the left hander.

SERVICE

SS11 - Hualapai Nation:

Second run through Hualapai and the late time of the rally made itself known as I missheard a note and had a bit of sightseeing in a left right combination which we just about survived, was extremly close to rolling it.

Resonably happy with the time :)

SS12 - Prospect Ridge:

This time the stage went smoothly. Only a spin hindered a perfect stage time when I overpushed it a bit in the 2-3 gear corners close to the end of the stage.

SS13 - Mineshaft:

This time no misstakes. A couple of close calls as I drifted the car through the corners more than the last time through trying to make up time and a very good time I think :)

SS14 - NewBobs:

The big one, the power stage in the dark and I made every misstake I could do except rolling the car.

In the haorpin in the middle of the forest to the left area I slid wide and got stuck in the ditch and the crowd had to help us up on the road again. Then almost rolled it in the fast part close to the end of the stage, was 2 second on 2 wheels which was unpleasent.

Got to the finish and we both knew that that stage we should just forget about and look forward to the following rally :thumbsup:

Overall happy with the rally and my driviing. Looking at how quick I seemingly was I'm angry with myself and the forum for not remembering to remind me of the event being posted :(

Congratualations to all competitors, some really stunning times out there :)

Congrats to Manuel, Dudo and offcourse Magnar (WOOOW great driving with that 2wd Fiesta :thumbsup:). Congrats to all RDRC-2 drivers, i`m looking forward to race you at next rally. Congrats to my teammate Senad for finishing 8 (EIGHT) whole stages. That`s improvment if compare with last rally....;):thumbsup:. Too bad for Arwin didn`t show up.
I saw some great stage times of Sandro Pihno. Too bad for DQ, could be good fight too. So, what is ILLEGAL RESTART anyway, or MISSED ENTRY?

Congrats to Manuel, Dudo and offcourse Magnar (WOOOW great driving with that 2wd Fiesta :thumbsup:). Congrats to all RDRC-2 drivers, i`m looking forward to race you at next rally. Congrats to my teammate Senad for finishing 8 (EIGHT) whole stages. That`s improvment if compare with last rally....;):thumbsup:.
Pft :p. Struggling for time.

Too bad for Arwin didn`t show up.
I saw some great stage times of Sandro Pihno. Too bad for DQ, could be good fight too. So, what is ILLEGAL RESTART anyway, or MISSED ENTRY?
Missed entry means they didn't sign up, and won't score points, so I moved them to the bottom of the list to make it easier for others to figure out where they stand.

Illegal restart means they restarted one or more stages, which is against the rules.

Great Result for not being able to test at all :) and my first Stage win, which feels almost better then winning overall as I clearly wasn´t the fastest driver out there.

I hope the next rounds I will have more time to test so i don´t have to rely on others having problems to score a good result. The ultimate goal will be to win the Power Stage on one of the next Rallies :D

Congrats to all the other Class winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%