RDRC S5 Round 2 - Rally Norway (16th - 19th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pretty solid run for me tonight as I'm starting to get more comfortable in the N12 now. Although my pace wasn't anything special, I did manage to drive a very clean rally with the major incident being a call for help after I rolled the car on Autiovaara in SS10. Not many Production runners in EU4 tonight so hard to gauge where I'll come in the order, but hopefully it'll be somewhere half-decent.

Ok rally for me, I like the snow alot & when I wasn't rolling it I felt pretty quick. Had to skip a couple of stages to repair suspension damage and have a crack at the power stage, so hopefully scored something there.

*EDIT* oooo just saw the points, 5 stage wins incl. power stage win, cool. Real shame about my DNF's though. Well done to Chris for the Production class win & keeping it clean!

I thought I can finish the rally without any crashes but I was wrong. :p
Still not bad as for my first online rally ever :)
SS1
Went Ok, no major mistakes.
SS2
Here I spun out once, and damaged my suspension a little but made it to the finish in one piece. :)
SS3
It was little hard with the car pulling to the right, because of the damages from previous stage.
Still, one of my best stages of this rally I guess.
SS4
Everything was going nice, until I went off on one of the last turns.
5 sec slower than the first time.
SS5
Almost the same situation as on SS4
SS6
Little bit faster than SS3.
SS7
Went almost without any major mistakes.
SS8
After this stage I wondered if either my impreza n10 isn't as fast as I thought or maybe just I wasn't pushing it hard enough.
SS9
I was very lucky on this one.
I had few moment's that I was sure I would crash, but somehow I finished the stage without any major damage and with a good time imo. :)
SS10
It was my first time on this stage, never practiced it before and probably that's why I rolled once. Worst stage so far.
SS11
Went ok.
SS12
This is where the troubles started.
It was going well, until I braked too late on the "medium right" and hit something that broke my gearbox. First DNF.
SS13
Lost my concentration and damaged the suspension badly. Somehow I finished.
SS14
With a broken suspension I just wanted to finish the stage.
I thought nothing can make that SS worse, but then the lag came and proved that I was wrong, by frozing the game for a second, while I was exiting a corner.:unsure:
Ended up with a broken engine. :p

Enjoyed this rally and waiting for the next one. Thanks for organising.;)

Wow, Emil was fast!

That was a really good result from me, wasn't expecting to be that high. A second podium for me, and 8th overall, very happy.

In fact, I think I may be leading the RDRC-2 class now, if I'm reading the points table right. Very good start to the season, but I still need to find some pace.

7th place for Corey as well, despite the retirement, so another good result for the team.

Thanks to all the organizers and the runners in this event. Was a lot of fun.

:thumbsup:

That was quite a fun rally. I started cautiously but already on SS3 I made a bad error, such a low speed stupid mistake. Was quite surprised by the lack of grip on this stage, locked the wheels under braking....bumped a tree on the front of the car. No damage to the radiator, but the car is stuck in 1st gear! Tried for too long to break free from the tree without reverse, had to CFH in the end. It was a long way to the finish, I lost so much time I was only 50 seconds quicker than the DNF penalty. Though I was lucky service was next.

At this point, I was pretty sure there would be no chance for a good result. I think I was a bit careful for a couple stages to get the feeling back, after driving like 8km in 1st gear. After that I pushed as hard as I could, which to be honest I never like to do in this championship. (Due to the realistic damage) But it actually went to plan for longer than I expected. Then as expected, on SS12 it went horribly wrong again, slid off the road in the opposite direction from the corner before I got to it....I don't even know how I did it. Idiot, managed to get away with the contact with the tree. But I couldn't get back to the road. Maybe wasted too much time before accepting the CFH. There wasn't really all that much damage on the car, but enough to not have the confidence anymore. Steady run through the power stage, small moment in a ditch.

In the end 2nd in class, and 2nd on the power stage is what I get. And I think even with a mistake free drive the result for me would of been the same. Sorry for Jani who crashed out on the power stage, very unfortunate....you would of taken my position. Brilliant drive from Magner, you really show the true potential of our Fiesta S1600's! I can't complain with 10th overall either, so many hit trouble on this rally which is not nice to see.

Congrats to everyone who finished. But especially to Manual for his 1st overall victory this season, I'm sure it won't be your last. Also grats to Magner and Emil for your class wins. 3rd and 5th overall is damn impressive.

As always, big thanks to those who organise this. Continues to have a nice turn out, and it was another great rally. Looking forward to the next one!

BobSport (Wales) Rally Teams' report of the event!

Pre Event:
Coming from Monaco we were quietly confident in another decent result, but aiming for a better o/a position this time. Pre event snow tests showed the car handled well with only a small adjustment to the brake balance so we were hoping for a good event with less (no!) DNF's this time!

On Event report:
SS1 – Good, no mistakes or issues and was happy with our setup and was working well.

SS2 – Again good, no issues pretty quick.

SS3 – One of my most hated stages due to the hidden dangers! Kept it cool and through with no issues.

Service - Happy with my times, no changes to make just need to keep the pace up!

SS4 – Going well until a fast left and rolled the car flat in 5th! No massive damage (bent rear suspension) but no DNF and not a massive amount of time lost.

SS5 – Went OK, about 3s slower than before but I was pretty happy considering damage.

SS6 – Another roll during the stage! But even more car as it was pretty drivable still!

SS7 – Managed to clip the first bridge somehow but no damage again! Rest went OK.

Service - Lost a bit of time with the rolls and clipping stuff! Still reasonably happy.

SS8 – Very fast stage! Reasonably happy with the time.

SS9 – Rolled and had a CFH at the end of the long straight into medium left, went in waay to hot and almost caught her but not quite! Otherwise pretty good.

SS10 – Another roll! Have always struggled with this stage for some reason so happy to get through.

Service - More rolls! But the ones that were going OK I was setting top 5 in session times and beating much more capable machinery!

SS11 – Thought I would push very hard this time to try make time up since it was a fast stage, that was a bad idea! Slid off and lost a few seconds getting stuck (no CFH) only a bit of damage. After that managed another roll again!! Thank god were on snow!

SS12 – DNF! The damage might have taken affect this time as it just shot off into the trees after a bump.

SS13 – Event thought I don't like the stage, just went through at what I thought was a reasonable pace and was only 14s off Emil and Arwyn! Chuffed!

SS14 - POWER STAGE - One last big push time! Oh dear... Hit a tree near the start, making her a bit unstable and having to reverse, then trying to make up for it kept clipping banks and massive 2 wheel moments, caught them all thought!

Post Rally:
Well I thought that went pretty well, only 1 DNF, which is better than round 1, so that objective (sort of) accomplished! Was pretty lucky with the damage as well. And set some pretty good times.

Results:
4th in class is a little disappointing if I'm honest, was hoping for a top 3 but still looking at times there were some pretty close ones! Winning SS3 was a shock! And by 2s as well! 0.77s off Magnar on SS9. A bit more consistency and I think I'll be able to crack the top 3 next time hopefully!

Some shots
RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-03-2020-35-39-94_zps405af916.jpg

On my way to winning SS3 (RDRC-3)

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-03-2020-43-23-75_zps961ade6e.jpg

Hi speed drift through SS9

Thanks to everyone who competed, the organisers and anyone else involved!

See you on the next Round!

Sion

Let's sum up my rally too. I did the OC3 session on Monday morning and was the only one there so I didn't have any clue of my pace.

ss1 - Steady and fast. I felt very good but took a little easy in places. Last corner was a bit wide and bent a wheel a little.

ss2 - Very steady driving. No mistakes but pace could have been better.

ss3 - This stage was everything but fast. I struggled to find confidence badly and spun twice in first 2km's. Then i just crawled through spinning and hitting trees. Car stalled 200m before finish with oil, battery and water temp lights glowing. Luckily it was downhill from there so made it to finish :D

ss4 - OK stage. 2 secs faster than previous run. No mistakes and this time didn't bend wheels.

ss5 - 6 seconds faster than previous run. Felt very good and I think the time is very good.

ss6 - I spun again at the start and this time broke gearbox. Stuck in 2nd gear so I had to drive 80km/h the rest of the stage. Disaster struck 1km before finish when I hit a little post and killed the car.

ss7 - Not particularly fast because of bad visibility. Made it to finish and got a good practise for the power stage.

ss8 - I don't like the stage much but it was ok. I felt confident and fast but just carried too much speed into one corner 3km before finish and bent a wheel.

ss9 - I took this stage fairly easy because the bent wheel made the car difficult to handle. One big moment in the fast right after 1st split but no damage.

ss10 - No problems, taking it easy and nurturing the car.

ss11 - Not good. I wasn't comfortable now and it resulted in one cfh and two killed marshalls.

ss12 - I felt really good and perhaps drove a bit beyond my skill. A high speed spin which cost about 20secs in the first section but no more major mistakes. (I actually lost 20 secs to Emil so could've been right up there :p )

ss13 - Oh my. I felt very good from the beginning so i decided to push. It was going fine, I was 5s ahead of my previous run in split 2 but then rolled 500m before finish. Unlucky mistake because i thought i could save it and now my power stage is ruined.

ss14 - I tried to push but it was clear after a few corners that the car is so difficult to drive that I have no chances for extra points. A spin and a donut in the hairpin made sure of it and so I just cruised to finish.

Had I not ****ed it up on Peklo, I would've been third in RDRC-2 and second with absolutely clean run. Emil on the other hand was out of this world and really deserved his victory. 6th place isn't that bad too... Valuable points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%