RDRC S4 Round 9 - Hokkaido Rally (29th September - 2nd October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran last night in EU3, however I was the only one in my class. Which is unusual, typically quite a busy session. Seemed like many people hit trouble in the session, I just tried to keep my own pace.

It was an incredible rally. I really feared some of these stages, but I managed to get in a proper recce of all the stages before joining the session. The grip and the setup seemed to work better than I expected. Especially on the Noiker stages. Rally Polland was quite tricky, I really should of done a few more runs of it. SS8 I dropped a handful of seconds pushing a bit much 2nd run of Portugal SS18, clipped the inside barrier drifting round one of the last hairpins. Gearbox was damaged, but reversed and got round the last corner. The rest of the rally went very well until the very last corner of the last stage. I slid off the road bumped the wooden house, and got stuck in the thick bush beside it. I was too stubborn and wouldn't CFH, eventualy struggled free....but 35 seconds slower than my first run of Poland.

I am really chuffed with 3rd overall. I was lucky to pick up a podium spot earlier in the season by a technicality. But to finally get one on a surface I had been struggling with is nice. Congrats to everyone else, sorry to see so many hit trouble.

Thanks to the organisers for another great rally. Really enjoyable combination of weather and stages. Can't wait for the final event in Wales, looks like the title fight between Magnar and Fernando is going to be very close! I'll be there to hopefully pick up some more points.

Wow, really pleased with a 5th in class! Quite pleased to see the DNF due to MSN taking focus didn't cost me a place, still, would have been nice to get a rally without DNF. I'm really looking forward to the next rally now. :)

Congratulations to all those who partook in the rally and finished, and particularly congratulations to Magnar, Fernando and Craig for the podium.

Wow, that's not as bad result, what I expected, and I won 3 stages with my stupid mistakes( i have a roll on both polish stages), so there is no problem with my speed :)
I lost the leader position, but now this point I have nothing to lose anymore. So I will try to make maximum attack in the last round.
So, the pressure is really on for Mr.Beck :D

Well that was pretty predictable result from a poor event! Well done to Tom on another win! Looks like Ole had the same problem as me, not liking the stages...

Thanks to all, look forward to Wales, home event!

Sion

Well that was pretty predictable result from a poor event! Well done to Tom on another win! Looks like Ole had the same problem as me, not liking the stages...

Sion

Yup. Tom is awesome it looks like! :p Awesomely hard to beat!

Ahh, your home event, and my favorite stages! A heated battle for the champ is on? :D

Sion

That DS3 R3 from Tom´s is a bullet... hehehe
Congratulations to all 2WD drivers and for the rest ones...;)
Now the pressure is on Ole for this rally and i think that will be on Flatout...lolol

That DS3 R3 from Tom´s is a bullet... hehehe
Congratulations to all 2WD drivers and for the rest ones...;)
Now the pressure is on Ole for this rally and i think that will be on Flatout...lolol

Yes, go as fast as you can! When the DS3 first came to RSRBR, I tried it to see how it compared to the other R3 and S1600 cars. I choose it because the turbocharged engine delivers the power much smoother, despite being the most powerful, which means I don't encounter the violent wheel spin that most FWDs give you on the loose as often. The new update made my old setups unusable. The default brake pressure for the rear brakes was only 2000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%