RDRC S4 Round 9 - Hokkaido Rally (29th September - 2nd October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what can I say.

SS1 - Maximum Attack, and amazingly enough, no crashes
SS2 - Lost audio halfway through, but that wasn't going to stop me :D Ended up having a massive spin on account of seeing no notes. Codriver notes need to be called quicker than usual for this rally I find.
SS3 - Two mistakes but still made it to the end. I don't know Nokier well so its 100% pacenotes for me.
SS4 - Was able to go flat out again, definitely my favourite japanese stage.
SS5 - Having chosen intermediates for this section of the rally, it was definitely more slippy in the bad condition but boy was it fun!! couple of hairy moments but that was a great stage for me. I hope results reflect it :p
SS6 - Loved every moment. The very start will be the place to get footage from for a review, as it was rather quick and rather bumpy and there was a moment of panic in there somewhere ;)
SS7 - Almost the perfect jump on the first lap, but stuffed it up at the end when I hit a barrier, lost about 5 seconds I think O_O Also, I have an idea regarding review of this stage when it gets put into a video, so if whoever is making them now (fernando?) let me know.
SS8 - Bad words were said when this stage decided to crash on loading. Ruined any chance of winning s2000 for this rally :( Yet it ran the same stage in the day, wth?
SS9 - I guess SS8 lost me my luck. Missed an intersection and rolled/CFH at the end over a pathetic bump in the road.
SS10 - Much better performance, the car stuck to the road very well, and the camber is very nice in there, no problems.
SS11 - Lost at least 10 seconds at the start, I forgot I was on intermediates and had spinfest >_<
SS12 - Dunno If I can say this or not but Tanner II is a right bastard of a stage! the first intersection pops up out of nowhere :p lol Don't know why but its also way bumpier O_o
SS13 - Another great run through Sipirkakim, apart from a little off road excursion a little way in...
SS14 - Pushed a little too hard and spun, then the car kept stalling. my poor satrias' clutch!

Genuinely guttered about the stage crashing, that would have been an absolutely fantastic rally for me. Oh well, full force for the final round. Have nothing to lose. I don't think O_O
Thanks to everyone who set the rally up, couldn't do it without you.

Wales is coming.

Wasn't expecting much from this rally as the stage lineup and conditions looked pretty tough on paper, but for the most part things went better than expected. I had an early setback on stage 2 when I slid wide on a medium right corner and unfortunately got the car wedged between two trees and had to call for help, dropping about a minute in that one incident. After that I put in a solid drive I feel, gaining time on Henri ahead on some stages and dropping slightly back again on others. Got ahead of Roy and Andris as they had problems near the end, but then my game decided to troll me on the final stage, giving my only dnf of the rally.

@Chris Williamson , I have you as "in progress" on SS14 at the moment. Still driving, or a glitch in the matrix?
Had the weirdest glitch I've seen with RBR. About 1/3 of the way in the screen suddenly turned black going into a fast right hander and the audio of the word 'fast' got stuck on a constant loop for some bizarre reason. I couldn't even alt-tab out of the game and the only way out for me in the end was to cut the power supply to my PC. :(

Japan - F it with the Volvo! :p

SS1 - Tanner 1: No mistakes at all, but barely used the 3rd gear. Lost 8 seconds to Silvio - this will be a long long evening!
SS2 - Pirka Menoko 1: Retired, it seems my steering wheel calibration went wrong!
SS3 - Noiker 1: Same as SS2.

Service 1: Meh, I have some steering wheel issues that I don't know how to fix!

SS4 - Tanner 2: Not a good stage. Nothing more to say really. Happy to drive a tank! :p
SS5 - Pirka Menoko 2: Another CFH... Other than that, puurrrrfect!
SS6 - Noiker 1: Retired...

Service 2: My motivation kinda went out of the way with retirements and steering wheel problems early on. Oh well, guess I'll end up last in 2WD here. Sorry for not being able to put up a fight against... anyone :cry:

SS7 - SSS Portugal 1: And then, the steering wheel started acting up again...
SS8 - SSS Portugal 2: Uhm. Oki. Softended the rear a bit, thought it would be less sliding around. It was... wrong. Very wrong!

SS9 - Noker II 1: Retired...
SS10 - Siprikakim 1: Retired again.
SS11 - Poland 1: Far behind - but this was fun. Looking forward to SS14! :p

Service 3: Oh well.

SS12 - Noiker II 2: Retired.
SS13 - Sipirikakim 2: Ret... ye, you guys get the point...
SS14 - Poland 2: Damn. The only stage I like, and I screwed up.

Post-Rally: Well, the fight for the champ. is still alive. Sorry for my bad bad rally. But really looking forward to the next one. Even though I usually think hate is a word that is a bit to strong. I hate Japan.

Things were going as well as could be expected, until ss8 (night) when I clipped the barrier and killed the engine.
I continued on with stages 9,10 and 11 then on stages 12 and 13 my car turned into a tree magnet taking my retirement total to 3 stages.
On the final stage I managed to avoid the trees but I did manage to roll the car, luckily I landed on my wheels and did not lose a lot of time.

Overall i did a lot better than i expected! No retirements, but a CFH on the first run through Poland will probably see me off the P-RDRC podium this time round. (A very strange roll that cost 44s, argh) I also had one or two other little mistakes that cost me a fair bit of time, but given that these stages are super-tough, i'm glad to have kept the car away from any hard objects for 14 stages!

No idea where i was in tonight's session, but i could see that i was relatively close to the WRC cars on the short, twisty stages, but was completely blown away by them on the Noikers. I'm hoping this was because of their top-speed advantage and not me driving like a granny!

I reckon Timo & Alasdair will be right up there in this rally...

Anyway, thanks to the organisers for a very interesting set of stages that were extremely challenging, but also fun as well. Looking forward to Rally GB!

In overall i am very happy with my round... Except the 2nd passage for Noiker that i´ve retired...lol The rest of the stages went very well,in 2 or 3 stages a small mistakes but nothing important...
In general, a very good rally...;):D

Woooo! Glads it's over, and it's nice to satisfy my employer on their home event :D.

It was great driving with Magnar on EU4 :thumbsup:. My goal was to just keep it clean and cross the finish line for the Championship points, and I'm really glad that I've accomplished that. Magnar was dominating the session specially on 2nd half where I just played it safe because of the tricky stages, I don't wanna end up understeering the car to a tree too :p :D.

Thanks to the organizers for setting another great event :).

Cheers.

That was gooooood fun:) jumped in on the EU4 group
Just got in the door from work 2 mins to start time doh
Tripping over the cords ,D plugs in the g27 seemed to take five times longer to plug in.:roflmao:wheres me headset etc .
DNF,ed on three stages :O_o:
I am sure those trees jump out on the road ... ha
overall fun factor 9 out of 10 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

lawl, an overall stage win and not that far from Andrew after all. Congrats, Andy :p

The overall stage win really made me giggle because in EU3 session when I was just messing around with the Evo X I did it almost as fast as with the Pug - 2:46.54 :D I like that stage and all but wow :)

Thanks for posting those results so quick Senad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%