RDRC S4 Round 9 - Hokkaido Rally (29th September - 2nd October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another rally without any retirements or CFHs. All we need to do now is see how Mr McGregor gets on. Here's hoping for another good result..:thumbsup:

Mr McGregor is doing his rally tomorrow, far too tired tonight! And it will take a minor miracle for me to emerge from these stages without a DNF i think...

I think it was a gamble that paid off because I took a big chunk of time out of the other guys in the server on this stage.

As if that was hard... :rolleyes: It was like Senna racing DélétrazxD

I was crashing middle, right&left, it was the wrong time for Japanese stages:p

And Aladair: If Gravel is your bad surface, I don't want to return to Tarmac.

With that speed, you could take part in "higher" championships...

Before rally; I am been looking forward to a real gravel rally again. And as it seems to get slippery it suits me very well. My Subaru has been resting in the garage since the last rally, while I´ve been driving my Peugeot 205 in the French Cup and in the ASAF Championship. My only training before the rally was today when I drove through Tanner one time.
1st service: Really nice start to the rally. Feels comfortable. Had a slow roll in the end of Noiker but landed on the wheels again and lost only 15 sec.
2nd service; Tried to push a little bit more and it caused me problem. Lost 15 sec on SS4 when I spun and stuck on the narrow bridge. Ran more cautious on SS5 with my intermediates. Had a small visit inthe forest and apparently damaged the radiator, which I tried to compensate on Noiker by pushing harder. It resulted in two crashes, and I had to CFH one time. But lucky to be able to continue.
3rd service; Hadn´t seen the stage before . It was carambolic. The car has shrinked from every direction.
4th service; These three stages were Ok. Went off 2 times at SS10 but could find the way back on the road again and continue. A long way after Mr Beck, but can be a good result anyway for me if I can hold on.
At finish; Sorry to say. I couldn´t keep it together. Was getting tired and couldnt keep up the concentration at the long stage SS12. Hit a tree at and killed the car. Then I ran through the last two stages without to much ambition. Hope to score some points anyway.

As if that was hard... :rolleyes: It was like Senna racing DélétrazxD

I was crashing middle, right&left, it was the wrong time for Japanese stages:p

And Aladair: If Gravel is your bad surface, I don't want to return to Tarmac.

With that speed, you could take part in "higher" championships...

Well I've worked really hard on being quicker on gravel since mexico. I also really like these twistier stages anyway so I was happier on them than mexico. I don't know about these "higher" championships, I think the competition in this series is bang on.

Well theses an event I would like to and probably will forget soon.

Didnt have high hopes as I'm not that confident on the Japan stages, but thought, if I keep her straight and on the road I'm in for a good event.

SS1-4 went ok finished them all OK times I thought

SS5 Retired 0 inters in bad conditions and just lost it and killed her

SS6 Retired again!

SS7 - 8 first run was terrible, lost alot of time with those stupid barriers that stop you dead! Second run was pretty good.

SS9 Retired again!

SS10 Went OK got a good rhythm going

SS11 Had to CFh got stuck on some rocks losing time

SS12 Was starting to lose concentration now and retired again! Meh

SS13 Another Retirement! Lost interest and was just going hell for leather and put it in a tree probably...

SS14 messy just went off everywhere and then tried to see how fast I could get her over the finishing line lol

All in all pretty hopeless TBH, can't even remember the reasons for most retirements! Tough day at work then this event do not mix!

Thanks to all that put it on and good luck to the rest of the competitors :)

Sion

just got in with 13 seconds to go!

ss1: really slow and steady. The moment I decided to up the pace, I spun and the bonnet lock broke. I did not have the balls to carry on in cockpit view so I continued with bumper cam (shaaame!)

ss2: after a while it a tree and lost the brakes, and a few corners down... could not brake :) so retirement quite early on.

ss3: Steady since this one can be a killer, so quite happy to have taken less than 10 minutes!

ss4: Unfortunately went down the ditch and was "called for help" so lost even more, but ok.

ss5: Another killer, the car was sailing on that mud! but no mistakes so quite pleased.

ss6: BIG lock to lock going uphill at the start, plus at the end of the first fast section almost lost it at the junction but managed to swerve behind a spectator without running him over, thrilling stuff! Then the water temperature was going up so I finished the stage avoiding to go on the limiter, so of course with such a pace i had no problems.

ss7: Went ok, a few nudges here and there, could be faster though.

ss8: Ahhh... Spun it right before the jump, ended up having to do a 5 or 6 point turn, that takes a while with 792 degrees of lock :D

ss9: Was going really well, until I had too much speed in a fast section and just nudge a tree on the exit of a 5 left, and then no more brakes. I tried to keep going but thinking about 3 stages with no brakes... there's just nothing positive about that so I retired the stage.

ss10: Was going ok as well... until I cut too much on a long 5 right, which meant I hit something on the inside which rolled the car, causing the alternator to fail. Too bad really, since I think for the first time this rally I had a split which wasn't the slowest :)

ss11: Nice stage, really love it when I flick the wheel to counter-steer at high speed, this game is amazing!

ss12: Almost identical accident as in the previous run, but this time lost it before the corner to hit a tree on the inside :p

ss13: Went well this stage, a few moments but I had a lot of fun driving!

ss14: Tried to go for it, and of course with my lack of skills that doesn't work. Hit a tree and damaged the gearbox. Just didn't bother supershifting today, I am done with it now.

A lot of retirements for me, that's what happens without any practise (I hear I am repeating myself almost every round, still I don't practise any more haha)

But still managed to have fun which is what matters. Thank you organisers, and good luck to the one who have yet to drive.

And just like a lot of news are coming out about the WRC in 2013 I am looking forward to what the next RDRC season is going to be like (since there is nothing for me to aim for on this one :D )

SS01 - Controlled start, taking no chanses.
SS02 - Controlled again, still not taking that big risks. Struggle a bit with understeering.
SS03 - Had a quick roll at 9,4 km, landed on the wheels and could keep going. Struggeled with what my rear tyres would do after that, but still an okay time.

SS04 - A lot more grip than I expected with tyres aimed at the next stage. Looks like it will be a big fight between me and Andris through this rally by the times set so far :)
SS05 - Understeered off the road about halfway in. The conditions felt more slippery at the end of the stage compared to the beginning.
SS06 - Really felt like the tyres was destroyed at the final half of the stage. No turn what so ever, and if it did turn then the rear end would flick out wiiiiiide. Made an okay time in the end :)

SS07 - I hate this stage, so this is all about damage-limitation. Looking like an okay time, though.
SS08 - Same thing again, except that it felt way more slippery this time.

Day 1 - Okay day, has been a controlled pace throughout, hoping for a good finish. By this point I am 4 seconds ahead of Andris, looks like this will be a fierce battle to the end!

SS09 - Understeered into a tree at ca. 2/3 into the stage and retired.
SS10 - Propably the cleanest stage I have done tonight, despite really driving in aneger. Looks like a good time aswell :)
SS11 - I like this stage a lot, and had a good time despite it being slippery as a hockey rink!

SS12 - Real attack on this stage, I need to get some of the time back to score points. Feels like the tyres are letting go big time at the end of the longer stages.
SS13 - Still on the attack, again a fine time on a nice stage :) 15 seconds behind Chris Williamson before the final stage - this can be really tight!
SS14 - Understeered into a tree and retired. ARGH!

What shouldn't happen happened... Twice... Annoying, annoying, annoying, annoying, annoying!

Well done to all finishers, I will be far down the order this time as fewer people struggeled than usual on a tough rally.

Everything went ok Until ss9 I took a wrong turn and was going in wrong direction, but didn´t lose very much time there. But THEN SS12 near the end about 6 min on the clock I took a jump in full throttle and that wasn´t a good idea, broke my car and had to retire :/ Other than that it was an ok rally for me.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back