RDRC S4 Round 7 - Rally Costa Brava (18th – 21st August)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers matey, still a bit to go before i'm at your level though! This was my 10th rally including club events, so i'm quite happy with how things are progressing- i'm getting a better 'feel' for the car on tarmac & gravel now, and this was the 4th straight rally without any retirements, which is still my main priority! Above all though, i just enjoy this game so much!

Yeah, and your better feel shows in your times dude. Bear in mind I'm much quicker on tar than I am on Gravel at the minute so we'll be much closer in the next event.

YAY! Fastest P-class stage time on the last SS! WOOOO!!!:D

But how the hell are Alasair and Ross staying on the road without crashing? Don't tell me you guys run default setups? Default is too bumpy to make me avoid the bumps spinning me out. At least I used the throttle to minimise the effect of locking-up or losing the car shifting down.

And if you want to imagine the Tiger Express Rallisport crew... look here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...kouvola-auto-ralli-26st-29th-may.51007/page-8

The only changes I made were I softened the rear springs by about 10 points. This transformed the car over the bumps and made it much more stable. I also put in the longer gearing for diamond creek to gain a gnats more top speed

The only changes I made were I softened the rear springs by about 10 points. This transformed the car over the bumps and made it much more stable. I also put in the longer gearing for diamond creek to gain a gnats more top speed

Mister, there's only low and medium length for the gearbox available in the Lancer X. Don't tell me you were using Short for all stages bar Diamond Creek?:confused:

I think that tip could have saved me some hairy moments where the car would suddenly bump of and disappear into the woods. Thus I slowed down each time I could see a bump. Softer means less in the setup screen(=decrease, but what?).

But still, you were sometimes +20s on stages faster with that and sick?

You're this: :alien:

:roflmao:

Mister, there's only low and medium length for the gearbox available in the Lancer X. Don't tell me you were using Short for all stages bar Diamond Creek?:confused:

I think that tip could have saved me some hairy moments where the car would suddenly bump of and disappear into the woods. Thus I slowed down each time I could see a bump. Softer means less in the setup screen(=decrease, but what?).

But still, you were sometimes +20s on stages faster with that and sick?

You're this: :alien:

:roflmao:

Yep I was using the short gearing for all but Diamond Creek because that was the only stage where the car was running out of puff.

In terms of the bumps, I go into Springs and lower the rear spring stiffness from 60 to 50( I can't remember the unit of measurement I think its Kpa ) and try that. Give it a go and see what you think, I know it really helped me.

Am I really an alien, I'm not sure I am, maybe on tarmac but not on gravel.

If you do try that setup let me know what you think:geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back