RDRC S4 Round 7 - Rally Costa Brava (18th – 21st August)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that Norbert.

I'm afraid restarting after you passed the first split is not allowed. If it was, anyone could restart after crashing and/or retiring from a stage. Not saying you did, just that it would set a precedent.

Incredible, only finished 4 stages.

Being lazy and going for the keyboard instead of setting up the wheel was a bad idea, plus a lack of patience meant that I barely made it to the first split on every stage.

Anyway, look forward to the next already! And Norbert, if what happened to you happens to another championship contender then you are back in action! Don't give up just yet mate ;)

Incredible, only finished 4 stages.

Being lazy and going for the keyboard instead of setting up the wheel was a bad idea, plus a lack of patience meant that I barely made it to the first split on every stage.

Anyway, look forward to the next already! And Norbert, if what happened to you happens to another championship contender then you are back in action! Don't give up just yet mate ;)

OK, I know, but now it looks to I have to miss the Mexico Rally, and 2 rallies without any points means the fight for the title is over....

F*cking Windows :(
I'm on the 2nd stage, and in the last corner the picture stopped, and few seconds later the blue screen come out, and I have to restart my computer :(
Can I rerun this rally in EU4, please?? Otherwise I have to say goodbye for the P title :(
Really gutted for you. That's one way in which real life is easier.

Really gutted for you. That's one way in which real life is easier.
Real life is not easier, a simulator is, but computer problems could also be part of the simulation as it can be the random electrical/engine problem of the Rally Car :D, like what happened to Loeb on his WRC home event last year, I also had the same computer problem last Round 5.

Done
was pretty tired at the start of the race, but I didn´t get my setups finished in time for the OC session so I decided to drive in this one.
SS1 I went wide a couple of times but I was able to finish so it was ok
SS2 Was terrible for me and I think I lost too much time there
On SS3 I hit a tree and had to cfh., I managed to also broke my rear end of the car so I had to struggle to the end. But atleast that woke me up finally :D
SS4 no drama here
SS5-6 was way better than first time
Aaand SS7-11 I tried to keep calm and just finish and it went fine.
Then SS12 I came way too fast to a one left corner and went very wide but luckily didn´t hit anything.
SS13 and 14 I drove carefully no big mistakes

Overall I´m pleased cause I was able to finish every stage.

Thank you everyone, and good luck to everyone :)

Real life is not easier, a simulator is, but computer problems could also be part of the simulation as it can be the random electrical/engine problem of the Rally Car :D, like what happened to Loeb on his WRC home event last year, I also had the same computer problem last Round 5.
That's true, especially if your car's British! :D

Edit: Alright, I admit it; I like TVR. And I'm not ashamed of that. :rolleyes:

Haven't touched RBR since the end of the last rally. Had zero time to practice for this event and it showed. On SS1 I stalled on the starting line, and that was probably the most talent I showed for the entire rally. Seven retirements.

well my rally for me was a disgrace, only 5 stages finished... never been concentrated and the lack of practice made me do this rally of sh....:mad: the next rally will be better...;)

That is very True Fernando. or the Engine just overheats without any problem. or like on F1 roman Grosjean car just stopped ..

Must learn to just tap the brakes going over a bump rather than hitting them hard, as thats what caused some spins tonight :).

SS1: Wrong Setup, had to limp through the stage, lost over 40 seconds :(
SS2: Much Better, problem free and relatively quick despite being a bit slippy
SS3: Great run, couldn't even tell i was running on intermediates, apart from the slide ever now and again from the rear end
SS4: Good run, very quick. Knew the jump would bounce me off the road so went really slow over it, and still spun me out, and stalled >_________>
SS5: Good stage, conservative but fast is key :)
SS6: Good stage, a couple of minor excursions caused by bumps, but other than that, it was good
SS7: Not much to say of this one, had a great run
SS8: Very fast and flowing, but the huge brow with the massive drop was elusive, and ended up with me rolling numerous times and into a tree, surprisingly no damage O_
SS9: Good stage, had subconscious driving the entire time, only one mistake (a 1 second lockup) on a corner and that was it
SS10: Bit of a moment in there, powerslid round the street sign post near the end and must have missed my mere millimeters!
SS11: Better than last time, still went quite slow in that though worrying about where the brow was
SS12: Good run again, slightly slid off the road at one point but other tan that it was good :)
SS13: Good speed in there, Misjudged a corner and spun at high speed, luckily no damage though. Also rather a spectacular finish too ;D
SS14: Same as last time, but a bit more flamboyant on account of having a great run tonight.

Was a great night, car is feeling great, wheel setup is almost perfect (I think) and I'm so please there was no red ink involved.
Apart from choosing my broken setup for SS1 which lost me over 40 seconds, best run on tarmac of this season I think, but only time will tell (and results!)
Great battle with Henri tonight, some really good times being shared :)
Thanks guys for setting it up, a great selection of stages this round!
Can't wait for the return of gravel though ;)

Good luck all for the remaining sessions! Bring the cars back in one piece :D

yes
ss1: Start guite well
ss2: went ok....but after finish, i hit the timetable car and engine STOP !!!!!! :mad:
ss3: engine not start. DNF
After service i decided to trye to stay on the road and make the good times without the risks.
The remaining special stages went quite well
Without ss2 problem would be gone pretty well

Thank you for all the good competition.

Damn, I actualy raced home to try and make this round. And I managed just to join the session as it was counting down from 15 seconds to start. Got my wheel connected, joined into the session. And as I loaded into the first stage, what appears....my F2000 Peugeot. Obviously I didn't drive any of the stage. I just quit. :(

I won't be able to make any of the remaining session available, due to work. This is maybe a bit of a tall ask, and I completely understand if it can't be done. But is there any way to create an additional session? Either tonight, or say 21:00 GMT tomorrow please?

Cheers, and good luck everyone.

Damn, I actualy raced home to try and make this round. And I managed just to join the session as it was counting down from 15 seconds to start. Got my wheel connected, joined into the session. And as I loaded into the first stage, what appears....my F2000 Peugeot. Obviously I didn't drive any of the stage. I just quit. :(

I won't be able to make any of the remaining session available, due to work. This is maybe a bit of a tall ask, and I completely understand if it can't be done. But is there any way to create an additional session? Either tonight, or say 21:00 GMT tomorrow please?

Cheers, and good luck everyone.
I'm sorry, but again, similar as with Norbert, doing so would open a window for everyone asking for sessions, and that would be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 265 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.4%