RDRC S4 Round 5 - Kouvola Auto Ralli (26st - 29th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have posted that 11 seconds faster then, Im sorry :( :p

So far the Evo X is great fun. Had a false start in SS3 and 10 meters before I had to retire in SS4. Rolled over and damaged my wheels at SS5 but I still love that car.

Went carefully at SS6 because of the wheel. Still had few offs and even hit a tree with my front because I turned in the wrong dirrection - the road was going left but I went right :D Guess I holed radiator there because the engine started to heat up early at SS7 and at the last part of it I think I started to lose power. Still the first 4 drivers including me, Andrew, Oscar and Manuel finished in less than 3 seconds. I lost only 0.09s to Oscar there. Hope I`ll make these stages until service.

what can i Say. it couldnt have Been Better. and im hoping to Be at the top Of The Class. nice one.

no Much Drama nearly spun on the fist SS. and Nearly End my Rally on the last Autovaara. i Just Dont understand how i made that and didnt even loose two seconds..

Manuel Was flying.. My Eyes were on Oscar:D Nice Race My Friend it Was a nice Race overall. Thanks for all who have organized all this.. i hope ill be on a hight on the S2000 Class

Sorry For all that had a bad Fortune on this race. it does happen in real as well

Sikkakama i just love that stage. and all of finlands stages. this was like my Home Rally..

Again due to still being new to RBR and only doing 1 run practice i was just aiming to cruse around and at least finish all the stages. Was going to plan until stage 5 where my game decided to just turn off like i had finished stage or something.

Anyway still podded on, had a few offs here and there but i managed 13 stage finishes out of 14... progress after only finished 6 or 7 in round 4 :)

what can i Say. it couldnt have Been Better. and im hoping to Be at the top Of The Class. nice one.

no Much Drama nearly spun on the fist SS. and Nearly End my Rally on the last Autovaara. i Just Dont understand how i made that and didnt even loose two seconds..

Manuel Was flying.. My Eyes were on Oscar:D Nice Race My Friend it Was a nice Race overall. Thanks for all who have organized all this.. i hope ill be on a hight on the S2000 Class

Sorry For all that had a bad Fortune on this race. it does happen in real as well

Sikkakama i just love that stage. and all of finlands stages. this was like my Home Rally..

YOU were really flying mate! your times were incredible! I think you did a time I ussually do in a WRC in Sikakama, no doubt you'll challenge for class win,

great rally mate!

Im suprised about what the Evo X can do. Its an amazing car, at some stages I was pretty near the top and somewhere between Andrew and Oscar. Great car, great rally. Thanks :) Now waiting for the results to see where I end up with my Pug :)

Why do marshals insist on standing on the OUTSIDE of turns? :mad:

I guess based on that you can guess how my rally went ;) Started out well. Had SOME pace that might have been able to match David but my last 4 stages were absolutely horrible. Rolled multiple times and hit 2 marshals during SS12 i think.

Overall a decent rally. I finished all the stages with my car pretty much working so I'm happy about that... I'll be looking forward to the next one where I can maybe squeeze more pace out of the NDR Impreza. I'm getting comfortable with the game now :)

I'm anxious for the results but I know it's not going to be a good one for me lol

Had a clean(ish) run tonight, no CFH's or retirements, but as David said my second run through Sikakama was blighted by taking out a marshal and then just going on a slight 'tear'. Finished around 50s slower than my previous run. Luckily i kept it together on the final stage to take another DNF-less rally. (my one goal achieved!)

Some very close times tonight between me, JJ, David & Viesturs, not too far off the S2000 & WRC cars occasionally. Quite enjoyed the fast gravel stages, but some of the pace-notes were a bit wrong and this strarted to get me confused the further the rally went on . (i'm getting on a bit in years now; well i certainly feel old with all the young pups that are around these days!)

Cheers Rick, Warren, Pete, Senad & Roy for keeping this show on the road!

Sorry, I was just a random guy in a random car. Decided to do this rally again in an unknown car few minutes before the rally. So dont expect me to be a sure company for next rallies. Although I might be as I just fell in love with the Evo X ... again :p Shame I had no time to make some primitive setups, at least.

If you fail to prepare, then prepare to fail.

Pretty much what happened to me. No preparation. 2 Stages of practice 20 minutes prior to the rally really wasn't enough. With Andrew on top form (well done by the way) I was being forced to try and show a hand that I don't have. A collision with a tree in SS2 meant that SS3 and 4 were on the back burners as the steam coming out of the hood was making me fret.

The second run through Auto II was entertaining. I counted 4 complete barrel rolls before carrying on but I am not sure. Minus that even when I did piece together a decent stage it was no match for Andrew. I was always 2-8 seconds away when I got it right.

A far from perfect rally for sure, and one where I will stop leading the Super2000 standings but still. I am hopeful for some points in the bag and being able to keep both Roy and Mr. Koojo in sight.

Well done Andrew for your run this evening.

Thanks for organising guys. I will brace for the results now.

Oscar.

Went into the rally with a lot of optimism after having had a few runs to get used to the stages.

SS1 - 4 went pretty well, over shot the first HPL on SS1 but not to bad. Got stuck on SS2 bit annoying but no CFH so not to bad again. End of SS3 and all of SS4 I had no grip and had some massive slides on the worn inters! Car would swap ends in an instant but FWD to the rescue with keeping her planted!

SS5 Retired :( bit distracted by the comp temps and hit a tree, end of.

SS6 went pretty well again.

SS7 - 14 started to slip, spinning, had to take a phone call on SS9 meaning driving one handed, SS10 computer screen went all black while the game carried on, another DNF :mad:. SS11 actually went ok, then SS12 another DNF, really starting to slip! 13 and 14 were ok but cant really remember as I just wanted to finish!

All in all I had high hopes for good points on the event but not now, had some good stages along the way and enjoyed (most of it!)

Thanks to all for putting it on!

Sion

If you fail to prepare, then prepare to fail.

Pretty much what happened to me. No preparation. 2 Stages of practice 20 minutes prior to the rally really wasn't enough. With Andrew on top form (well done by the way)

A far from perfect rally for sure, and one where I will stop leading the Super2000 standings but still. I am hopeful for some points in the bag and being able to keep both Roy and Mr. Koojo in sight.

Well done Andrew for your run this evening.

Thanks for organising guys. I will brace for the results now.

Oscar.
Thanks Oscar. I noticed an issue from stage one. I didnt do much practice. But finland is like my home. And the us stages.

I knew ihave to do better on this. Tarmak race ill suck im looking forward to some fierce fight on the next race. From u and Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%