RDRC S3 Round 2 - Coffs Harbour Rally (06 Aug - 10 Aug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Jani, some impressive times in the R3 Civic.
Thanks Rick.

So, i made my debut in the RDRC today. On first day i was quite careful and just tried to stay on the road. Second day started little slow but after first stage it started to go quite well, until i decided to push harder on last two stages... That caused bunch of mistakes. Luckily i got to the finish without any big damages.

Started really steady, never liked Greenhills, but a ok run through then a stupid misstake at flying finnish. Got out of shape under braking
and hit tree on bank. Started ss2 to find Gearbox knackerd and radiator holed. So thats my Rally over, with 2 retirements on ss2/3 no chance to score points. Will have fun on remaining stages preasure off

I gave the Mitsubishi chance, two times... but I cant drive it again, its really too much fragile and without setup its underivable on bumpy stages, every bump throw you away - I made setup to reduce this, but it disappeared... so I had to stick with default one and it is just horrible, just like the first round...

I am going back for Škoda Fabia S2000 evo1

Had a retirement on stage 6, then on stage 7 I hit a tree and bust my radiator. This was a distraction for me in stages 8 and 9.
Had a few spins on other stages but I came close to my practise times so apart from the retirement it went ok.

i think i`ll get my excuses in early :)

as well as a new paint job i`m using a sequenshal shifter and a rally style hand brake that i`ve been working and i don`t think i`ve drove 2 stages without messing up a gear shift or hand brake turn, i`ve even flipped the paddles a couple of times but after 5 years of paddle shifting its hard to change :D

My debut rally was just awful. Im still not used to the french plugin physics, its so weird to drive the car here. Anyways, lucky that I wasnt going after points at this rally because I had SO many mistakes, crashes, spins, roll-overs.. and I called for help so many times. Yesterday when I was driving this I just got so sick of RBR.. The funniest thing is that I was going very slowly - just not to crash.. And yet in every stage I had some mistakes, crashes etc..

So terrible debut rally for me. No retirements but I think some of the stages would have been faster if I would retire in them. For the next events I`ll practice a bit more (which I hate.. I just cant get my self to practices :p ) so I can at least finish stages without much sh*t. :)

Thanks for the rally and good luck everyone :)

I also joined the OC3 session tonight, mainly because tomorrow night is Census night in Australia, and with a huge number of people doing their census on-line, I was worried that our archaic internet service may not cope.

It was a bit strange not having the usual TS chat during the Rally, but at least there were 4 of us in the Session.
Once again, I made a bit of a mess of this one, especially on SS02 when I crashed very early and damaged the car, then bashed it into the bank again to do more damage. It survived but I had to carry the damage over to SS03 which made that one slower too.
Went a bit better on the second run through but just couldn't find a smooth rhythm this time.

Good luck to the other members of Team Terror Australis tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back