RDRC S3 Round 1 - Rally of Norway (16 Jul - 20 Jul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grats to all the drivers, what a great first event of the season. I am really enjoying the new format, thanks for all the work in the back office. It is much appreciated.

Nice showing from the production cars, these surfaces were quite the equalizer it seems.

Daniel Tønsberg - Just wow... What an absolutely stunning time in that N3. Looking forward to seeing what you can do in a faster car.

Thanks Pete, and yeah this season is going to have some great battles for sure. Troy would have been right there with us if it weren't for his costly mistake on SS1. Really looking forward to mixing it up with you guys this season!

Thanks alot Aaron :) It came as an surprise for me to rank that high on the overall scoreboard.
It has to be said that I put a lot of time into practicing this round and ever since I heard about what I would drive in season 3 ive been doing rally's in the N3 Ford Focus ST170.

Im talking it over with my team now about taking the second driver position in the S2000 JME Ford Fiesta seeing as the J-RDRC Seats are all taken and I got bumped up to Grade 2 =)

I just hope I manage to make the transition to a powerful AWD car. Simone won this round driving his JME Fiesta (Congrats) So its great potential under the hood of that car.
I believe the smartest thing to do would probably be to join you guys in the J-RDRC and gain some more experience as a rally car driver, but that would mean losing my team sponsor. So far im really happy with the help ive gotten in JME Rallysport and I think ill try to negotiate an agreement about taking the last seat in the production cup JME Fiesta.

Congrats to all the winners in their different car classes, and ill see you all next round for some down under action :D

-Daniel

Congratulations to all respective class winners and podium finishes, wd all drivers :).

My rally charge finished at ss.3, as soon as i got to the loading screen, rbr.exe shuts down:frown:. It happened to me before on this stage in online practice but never offline. To finish it off, i killed the engine 200 meters from the finish line on ss.4, my only accident in the entire rally and got me retirement:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:. All the other stages clean but 10 - 15 sec off my practice times, never again i put myself to have to run at this ungodly hour.....:rolleyes:.

Thx to the entire RDRC staff for their admin work and RD.
See y next round guys :)

What a great rally, I'm really surprised to get 4th, let alone have half the stage wins for the Junior class. If I hadn't clipped a telephone pole that I slowed down to not hit on SS1 and didn't get ripped off track twice on SS11 I might have had top spot, but oh well, can't complain for winning every stage I didn't crash on.

Thanks Pete, and yeah this season is going to have some great battles for sure. Troy would have been right there with us if it weren't for his costly mistake on SS1. Really looking forward to mixing it up with you guys this season!

Agreed, well done guys and hope next round is as close as this one.

Replays uploaded, had some blistering hot days at work so replay uploads slipped in priority, get them here: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29511654/tromoly.RDRC.Round.1.zip

Got them all so far, thanks guys :good:

On an unrelated note, figured out the cause of my CamHack retirement in this round. The problem originated somewhere between my chair and my wheel. Had FOVY=0.75, and I should've had 0,75 :party:

On another unrelated note, checked my massive Pribram accident. Not as impressive from outside as it was from the cockpit at the time. Still a good'un.

Now waiting for Lukasz to finish up our fancy skins, and my insomnia and myself will probably start recording tonight :)

yeah dosnt matter what part of your car hits that bump ....or wombat, your car will launch.
Unless of course your for some reason driving realy realy slow at that point?

I learnt quickly, if you go wide at the end of that sweeping bend prepare for trouble......kinda like going through those barrels at high speed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back