RDRC S2 - Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome idea with the scrape, very original and fresh way of doing it :). I think you still have to do the numbers (they shouldn't be transparent, as well as the sunbelt on the windshield which seems to be non-opaque at this point). Also arent the stickers on the doors reversed (left on right and vice versa)? :)

But overall it's a very good start, it's hardest to learn all the techniques needed to skin at all :).

Awesome idea with the scrape, very original and fresh way of doing it :).
got it from the rallysim forum and just enhanced it a little, will do another version where I will give the scan a bit more contrast to make the scrapes come out better.
I think you still have to do the numbers (they shouldn't be transparent, as well as the sunbelt on the windshield which seems to be non-opaque at this point).
yep, numbers still missing because I don't know if my teammate from Blue Flag, Roman, will sign up with me for this championship (chap has gone MIA). need to fill in the sunbelt, plain forgot, think I'll go for yellow.
Also arent the stickers on the doors reversed (left on right and vice versa)? :).
oops

Also, I realize I undid some work at some point, put a number of stickers with our teams' address on it, they are all missing.
Thx for the encouragement.

nice one Rick. Is the air intake on the roof situated on the external transparent.dds? cannot find it on my Punto .dds and there's a fitting shape on the sheet with the windows. Would love to put a logo on it.

nice one Rick. Is the air intake on the roof situated on the external transparent.dds? cannot find it on my Punto .dds and there's a fitting shape on the sheet with the windows. Would love to put a logo on it.

I wouldn't think so, it'll be on the external.dds map. Sometimes making these skins requires a bit of detective work to track down little pieces just like this!

Fantastic job, Damien. Very detailed and only seems simple. As always I simply love the very thought through placement of all the logos. Almost makes me regret not going for the black color, but it seems that I was correct thinking that this will be a popular choice and going for something different :).

Also I'm sure that Damien is right - roof scoops are always on the _external texture.

final version done and tested:

rbr_037.jpg

rbr_040.jpg

rbr_041.jpg

also produced a nice flip to test the scrape file:

rbr_047.jpg

but then I realized the writing on the windows was wrong, reworked the files and now:

rbr_049.jpg

rbr_050.jpg

I am finally done.

link for car #17 E von Glan : http://rapidshare.com/files/441696594/g.punto_s2000_-_von_Glan_17.7z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back