RDRC S2 - Round 7 - Hokkaido Rally (30/31st May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely LOVED the SSS18! Even though you had to be careful into the corners with the wet graveltyres, as long as you got grip, applied some throttle, had a tap at the handbrake, and then floored it, it worked brilliant! It was the most fun of the whole rally. I will be sad if this stage is binned, or "tarmac tyres only" in the future. This is a part of the rally. It is equally frustrating for me, when we are driving long BTB stages (4km plus) because then my PC lags so much that I loose ffb. But still, it is a part of the rally. And this stage is being run on gravel tyres IRL. And it is a typical stage were you can't gain much, but you can loose a hell of a lot more! We need that! I love such stages! I would love a club rally with only sprintstages! :)

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats to our winners, Sebastien in the Premier, and Roy in the Champions league :trophy:

Stage wins
Sebastien Levret (P): 10 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Nigel Atkins (C): 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Roy Magnes (C): 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Ondrej Kapal (C): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Eddie Mann (P): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Daryl Brady (C): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Simone Demi (P): 1 stage win :star:
Chris Williamson (C): 1 stage win :star:
Samuli Leinonen (C): 1 stage win :star:
Ole Marius Myrvold (P): 1 stage win :star:
Hubert Smolders (C): 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to all who participated, thanks to Lukasz for his mighty Excel skills, and thanks to Rick for organizing the whole thing. :thanks: :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

I don't see what all the fuss is about, there are plenty of real rallies where there is a tarmac stage thrown in to the middle of a gravel leg with no opportunity to change tyres. The WRC Argentina event had a mixed gravel / tarmac stage this weekend and surprise surprise the PORTUGAL WRC event is a gravel rally and they run this exact same super special stage on GRAVEL tyres at the end of the leg.

http://www.wrc.com/calendar-and-rallies/2011/vodafone-rally-de-portugal/overview/

You drive to the conditions, if it is slippery and you have the wrong tyres on slow down and set a comfortable time without crashing. Plenty of times we have been on a dry tarmac tyre in a real event and it buckets down with rain and we have to drive like it is ice just to keep it out of the trees.

I think some of you guys think a rally car can just be bashed and crashed and bounced into anything and keep on running, some of the off's I see in the replays posted would write your car off for good not just damage a radiator :) You guys need to jump in a real car sometime and drive a stage and see how careful you have to be sometimes, expecially when you are paying for the damage and aren't a team driver :)

My 0.02 worth

Cheers Al

hehe i must have a chat with my mechanic about beefing up my radiator thats 2 rallys on the trot that i`ve lost due to a cooked engine :D

great reality check though as i never expected to be in a winning postion till the next season, so will just put this down to the steep learning curve needed with this great game :rally:

very well done to the podium finishers some close times there and once again consistency wins again.

Congratulations Seb on yet another dominant win, you are clearly our best and most consistent driver this Season.
Well done Dariusz and Simone for the podium.

Grats to Roy for the Champs Div win. Well done Ondrej (huge improvement mate) and Kevin too.

This was no doubt a very demanding Rally, but I don't think there was too much Red Ink considering the difficulty. Looks like we are learning to keep the cars cleaner. :wink::ups:

2 great results on the trot for me and my best finish in RDRC ever:cool:. It seems my very conservative drive payed off big time:). And only 2 min behind Sebastien, watch out mister alien, i will find a lot more speed in the future to challenge you :tongue::D:D.

Congrats to Sebastien for the win and Simone for 3rd ( sry for snatching 2nd at the end from you:tongue:) and to Roy, Ondrej and Kevin for the podiums in Champions, well done all pilots:)

Thx to the admins for their hard work and RD for the forum space, see you next round guys:):)

I was quietly confident of a good result so am very happy with 3rd in champions and 8th overall.Seems if i don't practise much i go better.I seemed to gel with the japan stages my only concern was the wet stages but found that there was more grip than i thought.

The reverse stages gave me a bit of trouble and in one stage , not sure which one now,it all started to come unstuck with first a slight off then a major off resulting in a roll,but luckily not too much damage.

Congrats to Sebastien,Dariusz and Simone...and Roy and Ondrej...looking forward to the next Round.

I absolutely LOVED the SSS18! Even though you had to be careful into the corners with the wet graveltyres, as long as you got grip, applied some throttle, had a tap at the handbrake, and then floored it, it worked brilliant! It was the most fun of the whole rally. I will be sad if this stage is binned, or "tarmac tyres only" in the future.

Lol, I like that Ole, that you love the gravel tyres on the SS18... But don't you run it with tarmac tyres on the last one ? Pretty sure you do it !!!!

Nice win for me to celebrate the 2 titles in this championship. Sad that my teammate break his car in the SS9.

I didn't have time to practice for this round because I was on holliday. I know that it will be hard to be fast against the other because my times with the C4 was slower than my times with the Xsara. But my consistent driving style help me to win this round. Only one mistake on Noiker in the wet condition (that I didn't try before this event), I brake to late and lost 8s.
Thanks again to Simone for his fast Stages that provide me a big challenge. Well done Dariusz who overtake him at the end of the round.
Well done Roy, second win in a row.
Congrats to everybody, this was a very hard round.

Thanks admin for this round ;)

Congrats to all the podium places and the organisers for putting on the event. I enjoyed the event but was getting tired towards the end and couldn't keep on top of the notes - will have to do an earlier session next time. Pleased with finish given that I'm only just getting my head around RBR and the RD Rallies.

Thanks for giving me so much enjoyment - much appreciated.

Pete

For me failing the SS18 was just pure lack of practice, nothing else. Still I'm pretty much against those type of stages, because it's more like circuit racing. One can easily learn it fully and gain lots of time compared to those who just give it a few go if any. You can lose your whole rally in one silly stage like this.

Do not understand me wrong. One who practices shoudln't be penalized.

EDIT: whee!!! got my maiden stage win! :D

no, I am really second? You arent kidding are you? :D Thats just great....Warren, you are right, I improved a lot... I think I just should be happy for that

anyway, it is still killing me, if I didnt kill the last stage (compare to the 1st SSS), I could win...

it is also funny that my fastest stages are those ones where I made a lot of mistakes, for example the first SSS, I crashed in the last turn and I finished in reverse! Lol... and compare to the last SSS with dry gravel tyres it is not comparable... its weird to me

I am still defending my opinion about the SSS choice... nothing can change my mind here

Thanks for the rally again, thanks for the EU4 guys, it was all the time fight for seconds (I remember one stage where we ended in 3 seconds different most of us)... so far it was my best rallye. :) Thanks management for the technical support like tables...

I don't see what all the fuss is about, there are plenty of real rallies where there is a tarmac stage thrown in to the middle of a gravel leg with no opportunity to change tyres. The WRC Argentina event had a mixed gravel / tarmac stage this weekend and surprise surprise the PORTUGAL WRC event is a gravel rally and they run this exact same super special stage on GRAVEL tyres at the end of the leg.

http://www.wrc.com/calendar-and-rallies/2011/vodafone-rally-de-portugal/overview/

You drive to the conditions, if it is slippery and you have the wrong tyres on slow down and set a comfortable time without crashing. Plenty of times we have been on a dry tarmac tyre in a real event and it buckets down with rain and we have to drive like it is ice just to keep it out of the trees.

I think some of you guys think a rally car can just be bashed and crashed and bounced into anything and keep on running, some of the off's I see in the replays posted would write your car off for good not just damage a radiator :) You guys need to jump in a real car sometime and drive a stage and see how careful you have to be sometimes, expecially when you are paying for the damage and aren't a team driver :)

My 0.02 worth

Cheers Al

Yeah definately, it just feels a bit overreacted with the rbr gravel tires. We can complain can we? :)

But you took it 0.01 too far in thinking we don't jump in real cars,
suggesting we crash and bounce all over the place because we said smth about those tires...
In my Peug. with wet gravels, it was like driving on an ice lake, literally, so all the turns where real drifts, throwing it sideways
(understeer to oversteer actually) 3/4 meters before corner. What we tried to tell on that moment is we didn't liked it.
The stage itself is pure awesomeness, it is the real deal...

Nice to see yr doing real rally btw.
Just don't jump to conclusions and create wrong thoughts about a person.

Just my 2 cents.

Congrats to Senad, seems to be unbeatable, tx RD, grats to every finnisher

Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years