RDRC S2 - Round 7 - Hokkaido Rally (30/31st May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast tough rally,finished every stage"whew",a couple of mistakes in the reverse stages(hard to keep up concentration) but overall not a bad effort on my part.

Good luck to all entrants this is a fast flowing event...loved it,thanks to the organising committee.

I am the only one in the EU-session tomorrow, so I will join the EU-session today instead. Makes a little less work for you guys, and give me the oppurtunity to join a norwegian race tomorrow night :)

I hate the japanese stages from the bottom of my heart!

nope, rather like them, have done my testruns yesterday with rain, hope it was worth it ... one stage doesn't do rain on my system (Sipirkakim II) is that the same for everyone? Those SS18 stages are the first ones in the whole tournie that I do not like at all, hope I get through them, will probably crawl to not get stuck between those red and white barriers. Good luck everyone playing tonight and tomorrow, bring on EU3, the mother of all sessions :)

SS1 - Two spins in the first kilometer... Does not promise good for the rest :tongue:
SS2 - Not enough prepared for the rally, a lot off the road in the start...
SS3 - Two more big offs, still without damage.

Service - I am not getting the feel for the car tonight, struggling with almost everything. Hopefull y it will sort itself out.

SS4 - Altered the setup a bit, and was almost 10 seconds faster than the first run, with wrong tyres for the surface :)
SS5 - Could easily be a desicive stage in the rally. Steady in the middle of the road, very easy to bin it here.
SS6 - Not as slippery as the previous stage. Keeping it in the middle of the road.
SS7 - Difficult stage, I span once, even though I was driving like a granny...

Service - Feeling a bit more comfortable with the car, but the last stages have been difficult to read anything from. Will just keep in the middle of the road and see where it leads me.

SS8 - Clipped a photographer, CFH.
SS9 - One spin and one heavy roll. On the final straight, the car jumped up and did half a frontroll, landing on the roof, and hitting various objects as we went along. Incredibly no problems with the engine, and I could g oto the finish.
SS10 - Two small offs, but the car felt good.

Service - Lot a minute at least on my own stupidity on the last stages, now it is all a mission to save the remains...

SS11 - Okay time, no photographers in the road this time :tongue:
SS12 - My heart almost stopped when the car flinged 90 degrees to the wrong direction into a 6th gear corner :tongue: Still only 6 seconds away from my PB, on a stage I do so much better on the other direction.
SS13 - Lost concentration, but found a tree. Weeeee. Had to do the last 3 kilometers with the gearbox locked in 2nd :tongue:
SS14 - Had only 1st gear here, lost some time on that.

Conclusion: It was evidently never the meaning that I should win the rally in any way :tongue: I never felt comfortable with the car, and struggled with the concentration towards the end of the rally. Still I am through without any red ink, so hopefully it will get me some points in the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%