RDRC S2 - Round 6 - Rally of Mont Blanc (9/10th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grats to the podium guys in both classes & all that finished :D

Well i din`t think i would be disapointed with an overall top 10 finish, but after watching my replays i can`t help but feel i was unlucky to crash and damandge my rad which i thought had happend on SS10 but it was actualy on SS09 & my engine didn`t go pop till SS11. it was near the end of SS09 there is a 5 left - 6 right before a hairpin right and a bloody marshal stayed in the middle of the road untill i was right on him which distracted me and i nissed my braking point, and the 4 mins i lost on SS11 would have put me right up in the podium fight :love-over:

but i can take some consolation that if the marsal wasent so slow moving i would probely have taken the corner and i got 3 stage wins which i never expected on tarmac :cool:

already looking forward to the next event :D

Congratulations Seb, Ludovic, and Roy for the overall podium, first time for a S2000 driver on the podium too Roy.
Grats to Roy, Alastair, and Chris for the Champions class podium.

Special congratulations to Seb, retaining his championship crown for the second season, and again, doing it before the season is completed, clearly in a class of your own. :trophy:

Looks like this Rally caught many drivers out, bit of a surprise really. :confused:

For me, the lag was the biggest trouble. And the longer the BTB stages are, it is more lag. When I heard Roy had some lag at the long BTB Spain stage, it was just no point for me. I need to get my G27 to get FFB while playing RBR on Win 7... if not I'm screwed, my old PC is... just to old.

Levret and Magnes congratz!!!

When i looked for the first time at the results, i saw a lot green times. And other drivers didn't have that, i wondered what that was :p But then i scrolled down and i saw that i have 8 scratches :D, good to know i can drive scratches. Too bad that i had 3 retirements...:(, next rally better i hope!!! :D

Seeing how the round ended I am a sad little panda cause I couldn't make it this time :(. Despite being so easy to grab points there (Champions car in 3rd!) FPT scored a nice and round 0 points because of our misfortunes. Will have to turn it up to eleven for the remaining rounds to avoid making complete fool of ourselves ;).

On a way more positive note all of the standings are already done. In team championship another 3 teams had to be axed due to 3 no-shows from one of the drivers. We're down to only 6 championship contenders. Unfortunately for the 5 of them Project D has the title in the bag. However the rest of podium spots is still up for grabs!

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 6 of 8 of RDRC S2

Overall standings after Round 6 of RDRC S2:

Champions class standings after Round 6 of RDRC S2:

Team Challenge standings after Round 6 of RDRC S2:

[click on the images to see them in full size]

Wow on paper this one looked fairly straight forward, but in practice it was quite challenging. I really should have been more cautious, but I figured I needed to push a bit after taking suspension damage on SS1 and dropping a ton of time in the first loop.

Wrong strategy, I really should have tiptoed thru, I would have had a better rally.

This has really not been my season, looking forward to the new rules :)

Grats to the winners!

Big congratulations for Sebastien, you really did a great job in the rally. Ludovic showed that he is using full potencial on his C4, great place. Overall duble win for project D, you guys were unbeatable.

Roy, you showed that it is not the only way to get to the podium by using WRC car!!! Perfect rally for you. All podium guys from Champions league should teach us how to beat faster cars!

Great rally overal, thanks to all of you, competitiors and stuff guys for the perfect rally!

I'm suprised that number of drivers was 29, I tought that lots of guys would join in rally.

Thanks, guys, this was very fun. Not really that fast, but consitant and patient driving help a lot :) I don't think I can replicate the result later, but I will definately try :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%