RDRC S2 - Round 6 - Rally of Mont Blanc (9/10th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first stage, the super special, i start with my wheel like an inch to the left to take the right line and bang, screen goes red the second i slam it in first. Hit the countdown dude... In reality he probably knocked my left mirror with his elbow, but in the game he's dead... Arrgh!

ah, so that was what happened to me on my second run of Lyon Gerland, I thought it was a bug! I actually hit the countdown guy. Ah well it's a hard life out there ...

Good luck everyone who is running tonight.

SS1: Forgot that I had wet tyres :p but OK.

SS2: Broke the radiator in the second right-hander, had to start the engine, and turn around to get going. Lost some time.

SS3: One stop, one roll, and lots of slow driving.

SS4: Never driven the stage before, didn't like the pacenotes at all, got lots of spins, and CFH. And finally the engine gave up on me.

SS5: Finally some good rythm. I think I drove around what I usually does on this stage in the dry!

SS6: Spin x 2, Roll and CFH :p Oh well - let's move on!

SS7: Darn pacenotes. Enough said.

SS8: Suddently good grip. A bit strange in T1, but it went OK :)

At the end I retired... I'm constantly lagging, and it get worse and worse. I think my comp. is toast. That means I'm most likely out of here, because I just can't get FFB + RBR + Win 7 64bit + G27 to equal "True" :(

So, the stage-by-stage summary of my rally follows :)

SS1 - Slippery with wets. Sensible drive through here.
SS2 - Again a sensible drive, not overdriving it tonight. Second fastest overall in the session :)
SS3 - Left the road a couple of places, but no damage. Almost flipped the car early, thoug :tongue:
SS4 - My first time through the whole stage, keeping it in the middle of the road.

Service - Have a good feeling here, might be a good result if I can keep it together :)

SS5 - A bit more attack than last time, seemed ok.
SS6 - Troublefull stage. The sound messed up at the start, so I had no sound at all through the stage. Hard to hear the revs of the car this way, so I might have dropped some time on this stage.
SS7 - Understeering a bit towards the end. Span in a hairpin halfway through.

Service - Still feeling good. Leading the session as I am the only one without any retirement so far :tongue:

SS8 - In the middle of the road.
SS9 - Span in a hairpin going up. Still an okay time.
SS10 - Good attack, almost binned it flat in 6th gear after split 1.
SS11 - My first time through the stage, very unsecure. Span off the road early, but kept it cool in.

Service - A bit unsure after the long stage, but still okay. 3 spins so far, no major problems.

SS12 - Familiar ground! Attack, but I do not know how well it really went.
SS13 - Ataack again, felt good.
SS14 - Knocked loose the left rear wheel about 4 km into the stage. Still on a harder attack this time around, and was close to 20 seconds faster than the first run.
SS15 - With still huge vibrations in the car I decided to take it safe. Did not want any retirement on this one :tongue:

Summary - Took it very steady and safe, keeping the car in the middle of the road on all stages. Attacked on the stages I knew from before, and played it safe on the stages I did not know that well. Won the EU4 session, but mainly because all the others had at least one retired stage. My pace felt good, but I am not really sure that it will be enough to beat my fellow podium-challengers in the N4/S2000-class.

Thanks for setting this up, a real challenge of a rally this time around :)

Well that was an interesting rally. VERY hard work but fun.

Hit the chicane in SS1 and damaged the radiator so I spent all of SS2 and 3 watching the temp and hoping to make it though. About 100mts before the end of SS3 it just died though. In SS4 I took some big chunks out of the EU4 guys and started to get into things. Unfortunately everyone but Roy retiered at least 1 stage and it left him without any contest. But Watching Simone's times and trying to match them was great fun. In the end I got 2nd, but about 3 mins behind Roy, Well done mate.

Overall Rally Results

Congrats to our winners, Sebastien in the Premier, and Roy in the Champions league :trophy:

Stage wins
Gerben Kelly (C): 8 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Sebastien Levret (P): 7 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Nigel Atkins (C): 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Simone Demi (P): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Mick Aspinall (C): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Ole Marius Myrvold (P): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Jakub Sulej (P): 2 stage wins :star::star:
Ludovic Cogotti (P): 1 stage win :star:
Yann Laprevotte (C): 1 stage win :star:
Hubert Smolders (C): 1 stage win :star:
Mark Birney (P): 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to all who participated, and thanks to Rick for organizing the whole thing. :thanks: :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Thanks for posting and collating the results Senad. Congrats to the top 3 outright Sebastian, Ludovic and Roy and Sebastian and Roy the class winners. I am over the moon with my top 4 outright and second in class for my first Championship round, thanks to Rick for organising and everyone who took part, see you at the next round.

Cheers Al

I am happy for my team result, 2 Project D in 1 and 2, but not happy to what happened to Jakub, I know that it will be difficult for me to beat him when I saw his time in the SS2 and SS3, but I know that I can put some pressure on him during this event.

Like I have already said, when I saw that Jakub was out, I drive slowly to avoid any crash, but I have to CFH in the SS10. I break to hard and touch a tree. My direction was damage that result to a very bad time in the SS10 and a bad time in the SS11. (but I saw that I won the SS11)

Congrats to the admin for this very hard round.
Congrats to my teammate for his podium, and congrats to all the Group N for your incredible result !!!

Do we know why there is only 11 WRC for this event ?

Glad I made it to the top 10 outright finally. Another 4th place in class isn't so bad for the champ also.

Probably the hardest rally of the season for me. I had the pace for 3rd in class easily, and I perhaps could've been close-ish to 2nd. Sadly I lost like 30 seconds by crashing at SS6, then a whole minute at SS7, then eventually more time by facing awful fps on both Las Madrajas. So I guess 4th is decent in these conditions.

Grats to Sebastien and Roy, and see you next time, hopefully with a better turn-up rate.

E: I'm quite surprised that no one has mentionned that so far, but grats to Sebastien and Norbert Leitner who both officially secured the title in their own class.

thx Senad for collating the results, second time I get championship points (9th in class), however without my seriously dreadful start to the rally I might have gotten within striking distance of 8th. Ah well, glad that I wasn't the only one who felt this was a really tough one, though it looked innocent enough from the outside.

I'm really surprised to see that I finish in 2nd position.

I made a very bad first part of the rally (don't understand why I'm so bad under the rain...) with a mistake and damaged in my direction in SS2 (so, SS3&4 too).
I can attack in the second part, but clearly far away of my training test.
So, my consistant was reward here and I'm pleased with it.

I'm very unhappy when I see Jakub out of the round because he's really strong on tarmac.

Congratulation to all, specially to the top three of both class (with really nice result with S2000 class).

Thanks to the staff as usual for their great work !

My link to my SS13 : http://www.mediafire.com/?5bff2zj0bhnlmyy

Whoa! What happened here? :eek: Third overall with that run and in that car - weeeeee :D :D Winning my class must at least have helped me close in on securing a podium in the championship :) Again it payed off to keep a cool head and not overdo it. Just see my results, not a single stagewin :tongue:

Thanks for the patience with all my troubles, really a nice way to shake all the problems off :)

Looking forward to the next rally already, the closing stages of the championship is looking even nicer than to begin with :)

Great Rally Roy well done!!

I was looking at the results and it swayed back and forth between us until the final three stages where you pulled out the 13 sec class win. Just wish we would have been on the same session it would have been tense.

Cheers Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back