RDRC S2 - Round 6 - Rally of Mont Blanc (9/10th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................:damnit:

My hate of the tarmac got a bit smaller today:rolleyes:, thx to the latest changes to my wheel setup. Hate nevertheless:tongue:.
To my big surprise i was only 2 - 3 sec behind Ludovic at half point, but the second half has straighten me up, 4 X CFH and 2 stages retirements:frown::rolleyes:. 2 very embarrassing low speed ( at a hairpin ) side rolls, 2 big off's and both retirements due to gearbox problems, could have still finish them both but i knew i lost my chance of points so couldn't be bothered to drive at 10 - 20 km\h for the next 6 - 10 km.

If i knew i will be competitive i would had find time to do at least 1 run on each stage, never driven on Peklo, Lyon Gerland ( glad to be so short:) ) and Las Majadas before. I can only blame myself:mad:. Wasn,t expecting any points before the start so not getting any is ok..ish:wink:.
Almost didn't take part but my weekly rally fix got the better of me:cool:.
Thx to all pilots, gl to those still to run :).

wow that was one hell of a hard rally but also very very much fun. the fight for 3rd in EU3 was superb with place changing every stage.

SS1. clipped the barrier on the exit of T1 and spun lost some 8 secs but no damage phew.
SS2 very good stage for me set a good time with no errors.
SS3 hate this stage with its dodgy pace notes, managed to half spin again after clipping a bank, luckily no real damage and finished with a pretty good time.
SS4 really this stage and had a pretty good run with just one mistake running wide at a hairpin.
SS5 one of my favourite reverse stages and kept it clean and a good time.
SS6 that dreaded stage again but took it more curious this time and finished quiet well.
SS7 2nd run through here and pushed a bit harder beating my previous time.
SS8 after my 1st run through Lyon-Gerland i didn`t want to repeat the same mistake and even with a slow run you only loose a couple of secs.
SS9 with 2 long stages to come i took this stage carefully but still got a pretty good time.
SS10 really like this stage but got a bit carried away running into the armco at one the of the early hairpins and damaged my rad so finished the stage with an overheating engine.
SS11 starting a 16.5K stage with an overheating engine was never going to last long and sure enough a few miles in and my engine died loosing me some 4 mins on my usual time.
SS12 in the last service i gave my self a slap for loosing those 4 mins and set about trying to recover what i could and started well will a new PB.
SS13 again had to push like hell and managed to survive some close shaves.
SS14 starting with no damage i new this was a good time to claw back some time and again a new PB.
SS15 with only this short stage and over 30 secs to make up i new i had little chance but gave it a good shot but had to settle for 3rd in class.

even though i had to retire on one stage i`m still very happy it could have gone a lot worse lol

huge thanks as always to the RDRC staff for giving us another great event

Agrrrrr!!!!!! Something happened with my computer, I had to restart! Everything wrong! Agrrrrrrrr, I'm angry!!!!!!!!!
Is there any possibility to drive again?

It's in the rules, you can drive again, but only your first run will count. No way to police restarts :sorry:

Once a driver logs into a session, even one prior to the session they have registered for, they MUST compete in THAT session. They may compete in later sessions as well for practice however only the FIRST session they log into will be included in the results.

Wow that sure was a gruelling event with those long stages together at the end, but ultimately it's shaped up to be a great one for me. :D

SS1-4 - As usual I started off rather steadily to get settled in and did reasonable job despite some minor spins on all 4 stages. Moved into my usual nomansland between the fast guys and those with DNFs.

SS5-7 - I had a much better run through the two French stages second time, but the good work was undone by a couple of silly spins on Peklo again.

SS8-11 - Had a disappointing run through Joux Verte and made a mess of a couple of hairpins, followed by a solid run through Joux Plane which felt fast to me(although wasn't it wasn't the case on the timing screen). I hadn't had much practice on Las Majadas so I took it fairly easy. To my great surprise Gerben, Yann and Nigel had all had problems so I'd gained class lead.

SS12-15 - The last set of stages were a bit of a balancing act for me - trying to keep my runs neat and tidy, but at the same time try to minimize the time loss to the 3 fast guys recovering behind. However, despite bending my suspension on Las Majadas and having 10km of annoying FFB rattling I managed to roughly match my previous runs and kept my position. :D

Overall I'm very pleased with that and despite having never been close to a stage win, my consistent driving paid off and got me 3rd overall in EU3 and 1st in class by over 20 seconds. Equally impressive was the fact I did the whole thing without a single CFH or DNF - a pretty rare thing for me this season. Can't wait to see the results now.
:banana:

Overall I'm very pleased with that and despite having never been close to a stage win, my consistent driving paid off and got me 3rd overall in EU3 and 1st in class by over 20 seconds. Equally impressive was the fact I did the whole thing without a single CFH or DNF - a pretty rare thing for me this season. Can't wait to see the results now.
:banana:

i know that feeling, well done Chris ;D

SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4 - Almost no mistakes, 1 spin at Peklo and that's it :D
Service
SS5 - Clean stage
SS6 - Clean stage again :D
SS7 - Hit a concrete roadmarker...understeering into it. Gearbox jammed in 4th gear, and after a CFH i couldn't make the car accelerate from 4th gear on the hill...:( retirement
Overnight Service
SS8 - Clean stage!
SS9 - Overheated engine after contact with a three, retirement.
SS10 - Very good and clean stage :D
SS11 - A few mistakes, and i don't like this stage, way to long and nothing special.
Service
SS12 - Clean stage.
SS13 - I was 4 a 5 seconds faster than in SS10, but in the end i made a mistake and made a 360 spin, cost me about 7 a 8 seconds.
SS14 - Very big crash, many rolls and the car didn't like that.
SS15 - Clean stage :)

Nice rally :D Thx organisation! Looking forward to the next one!

Man, what a nightmare!

Recently moved to 3 screens and without CamHack it's like playing SuperZoomedInRacer99.
I thought I'd got passed the point of forgetting to fire it up.
Until Lyon-Gerland loaded for SS1. :umbrella:

That was an omen. First half of the rally was a disaster drive. Second half, a rage drive.
Not going to be seeing any more points this round. :D

Nooo... RSCenter died on me. Clicked on GO ss4, the progress bar went to the end, and nothing happened. Crap.

Was a bad start anyway. Totally ran into those barriers in SS1, the pace not was called way too late, and I didn't see them in the dark. Damaged car, plus 10 or so seconds lost.
Was going through the French stages slowly, massive wheel wobble, but at least I finished them. And that's it I guess :frown:

Replay of my SS1 fiasco here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6335348/rdrc6 ss1.rpl

Unfortunately I have just gotten home from being away since last Wednesday. Updates not in place and no practice, so I'll be joining in with the EU guys (I'm awake all night anyway).

After reading through the posts this one looks like it will be harder than it looked on paper, lol. I guess I will have to put sometime into practice anyway.

Sorry to hear about Jakub, I know Seb was looking forward to a big battle, maybe it will give the rest of us a chance now;)

Note: Also, i am sorry for the confusion about the Parc Ferme thing. I thought there would be confusion if i listed the SSS after the service so i put that in to try and clarify things........................I guess it back fired, lol. I won't make that mistake again, sorry for causing issues, lol.

Well tarmac rallies are for full of dramas for me... but loved it, and learned how to do the left foot braking effectively on tarmac!! :)

The best was the second run of 'Lyon Gerl', here is the replay of the SS8

Wondering why Senad stopped after the initial stages!!! Too bad!! :frown:

I had a great event for my first championship rally, no off's or major damage, (flat on Las Majadas second time through was it) and I think I set okay times for the Skoda S2000 Evo 2.

I don't know what happened to the other OC4 guys, no one was on TeamSpeak though there were 3 others to start with me but only saw 2 at the end :frown:

Great rally, great stages, more tarmac events please :D:D:D

You can download a zip of my stage times and all stage replays HERE if you're interested.

Thanks to the admins for setting everything up and everyone who took part.

Cheers Al

Wondering why Senad stopped after the initial stages!!! Too bad!! :frown:

I don't know what happened to the other OC4 guys, no one was on TeamSpeak though there were 3 others to start with me but only saw 2 at the end :frown:

RSCenter stopped responding when I clicked on GO ss4 :frown:

Sorry for not being on team speak as well. I usually race at night, and can't really talk, so I'm not used to using it.

RSCenter stopped responding when I clicked on GO ss4 :frown:

Sorry for not being on team speak as well. I usually race at night, and can't really talk, so I'm not used to using it.

Sorry to hear about the glitch problems Senad, and no need to apologise about Team Speak. Warren and i usually chat at each service break but never during the stages, though I'm used to having someone chatting in my ear in real life on stages so it wouldn't bother me :wink:

Cheers Al

I had a great rally, shamely enough 3 retirements.

I really love Tarmac formulas and this was no exception. The sheer fun of the peugeout S2000 is great on this surface.
Although i had my share of non retirement problems too. For example: the first stage, the super special, i start with my wheel like an inch to the left to take the right line and bang, screen goes red the second i slam it in first. Hit the countdown dude... In reality he probably knocked my left mirror with his elbow, but in the game he's dead... Arrgh!

All the rest of first service was quit fine, until we hit Peklo, SS4. Loving this stage for his realistic placement of crowds, i should've avoided what happened, but i didn't. Rammed 3 spectators in the first left hairpin, went on for a rage drive, wich cost me dearly 3 quarters in... Engine cooked...

Second stint, with a fresh car, i flew! Suddenly the car was in my hands and it felt good!
What a difference compared to the first stint.

Third stint lovely things again, Lyon goes well, and the french stages with this car allways go well. But then we hit Majadas...
Start, we fly off into the long sweeping bends, fast right, fast left. Medium right... Ok let's try to drift into it to set ourselves up for the left following, but oh no, car oversteers into inside of the right corner, into tree's, BANG, dead...
5 percent into the stage over and out...

Last stint, alot of rage driving happend, wich cost me some call for helps etc. Until we hit majadas again... A bit better then last time, i got into half of the stage, but the surface took me out once again... 2 times this stage cost me dearly, i hate it now. :p
After that just Lyon to tackle, wich went very well, but just on the border of loosing it in the chicane, luckily the car tankslapped me through it in the right order!

A hard, yet fun rally, and yes more tarmac please! :)
tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline