RDRC S1 - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dariusz please don't give up only for that, look at me: I'm racing with a game pad and it's hard for me especially in the events with RWD, but I'm dooing it for the fun of it ( never the less sometimes is so frustrating :) ).
About the Mlynky stage, the problem is for sure Update 08.
My race was full of consistency, because of my lack of performance I was not able to stay with the leaders, so I played the steady and easy run to the stages :tongue:, never had to CFH only hit a couple of rocks and finished all stages.
I'm waiting good points for the team :rolleyes:.

Hi,

For me too, Mlynky has bugged.It's terrible to see a time of 10min, after I tested the update earlier and without taking risks I had 4min15. With the penalty I lost around 5min45 with no chance to defend my place.
I was very very angry. So I pushed like crazy in the next stage. I made good time, I believe, I'm not sure how since I do not know the stage (this was the same, last time in reverse but I do not recognize). With an incredible opportunity, I manage to do by making no mistake. I put the replay. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4RDXA5UX
Because when we come back to Mlynky, I take a retired again, but this time I manage to take the start. But I am troubled (and even more upset). And not concentrate, forgetting to simply breaking on a very tight curve.
I flew far away, I reaches the invisible wall without touching the ground :p (remember "General Lee" of Duke brothers).
I could not go continued, I preferred to give up, I was no longer fit to drive.
It's really hard to lose time with a bug.
Sorry for my temporary teammate Eckhart, to can not stay concentrate despite problems (I will try to correct that, for next time ;) )

Ps: I think it's better to test a little (in online condition) a mod stage, even more when he just updated ;) (I blame myself for not having done so with my teammates :( )

The problem is that Update 08 came in a bad time, cose with Update 07 Mlynky runs smoothly. I'm just curious, everybody who installed Update 08, right after have runed the Round 4 without any testings? Cose I experienced some problems myself with that stage and that update, but I restarted the RSRBR and had not one problem at all.

I am very very dissapointed. Update 8 & The Mlykny stage seams to have let us down at the last minute. Because of the update being released the day before the rally (and with no prior warning that I am aware of) bugs have surfaced in the stage and too many peopole are having issues. Unfortunately the stage has alway, and still does run fine for me.

To the sessions that are yet to run, if they stage appears in your rally, you may run it or skip it, the times will not count for either stage 2 or stage 5.

Apparently I am not ready for this stuff yet. Tried a couple of stages and just couldn't get my damn head to stop shaking. Not to mention I missed stage 1 when I had to restart the pc because the graphics card needed to be reset, must remember that next time. Such are the joys of having a machine that runs all day and night. Sorry for wasting your time guys. Many thanks to the organizers, hopefully sometime in the future I will be able to try this again.

Cheers

Well finally finished but not really an enjoyable Rally for me at all.

I tried to enter TS and found out my TS was out of date and it wouldn't let me in. So frantically downloaded and installed the TS update, only to find that someone using the name "tantragna" was in the RBR TS room and was playing loud music. Tried several times to re-enter TS but that damned music was still blaring. I tried going to another room and he followed. So gave up on TS. :mad:

The first 6 Stages went quite well, no mistakes and reasonably good for me.
I had no problems with Mylnky, in fact I did two quite good times with no mistakes. Sadly, it looks like counting for nothing. :frown:

After that I had a small break, went away for a while to talk to my wife. That seemed to blow my concentration out the window. Almost every stage after that was full of mistakes, crashes, rollovers, calls for help, you name it, I did it.
Stage 10, I really killed it, hit a small tree in sector 1 (same rotten tree I hit previously :rolleyes: ) but this time killed the engine and had to retire. :rose-dead:

I ended up just racing through the final Stages to get it over with, so no idea who won the OC Session.

So, all in all, a mixed bag but a poor overall result. :tongue:

Sorry for not being there on TS guys, don't know if any others ended up there??

Well, I cold have done that better. It started out prety bad,
SS1 - 4th corner, roll. then about half way through, roll again. I had to crawl throught e rest of the stage and I think i lost about a minute. SS2 - Mlynky no issues, but i crashed anyway. ;)
After that things started to get a little better. Eddie was on a flyer and we were taking seconds out of each other for most or the event. After seeing a RETIREMENT for Mr Smooth (Warren) I think I was a little shell shocked and rolled again on the second Autiovaara stage.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that competed, I hope you all enjoyed it again. Over to you Senad at the score board;)

Stage 10, I really killed it, hit a small tree in sector 1 (same rotten tree I hit previously :rolleyes: ) but this time killed the engine and had to retire. :rose-dead:
Wow. That is a first. I don't think I have ever seen a retirement from you, Warren. It just got even more interesting.

Pity that John is still no fully recovered, I hope you'll get fully operational soon :).

Last session left before we can see the final results if I'm not mistaken.

Not the best of starts for me, like others i got a CTD problem at the start of SS1.. update8??, continued anyway don't know what the rules are for that?, just bad luck i guess?

Mlykny got me couple times, it's a nice stage i just need more practice at it, could have drove a bit more cautious and posted a better time. Overall i had a good rally in the OC session, having issues with ss1 meant that my focus changed to clawing time back rather than chase outright.

Warren, Damien and Rick were posting some quick stage times with Tony?(fog tintops) lurking in the back ground;), making my mission more difficult. I will be happy if i get in the top 10, thanks to the organizers and congtrat's to the top 3.. already looking forward to the next round of the RDRC.

I overslept the OC session... By 3 hours. I guess I'll have to drive later today then.

Mlynky works fine offline for me, even after update 8. Heh, we got unlucky there, a day before the rally, and the only stage that gets updated is the one we use...

@Warren, can't you mute people in team speak?

@Gaetan, that Megaupload link says "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.", could you send it to my email, or upload on http://www.speedyshare.com ?

EDIT: done with US and OC results, no stage wins in either

Not the best of starts for me, like others i got a CTD problem at the start of SS1.. update8??, continued anyway don't know what the rules are for that?, just bad luck i guess?

SS1? This is one of the RBR originals, no changes in it after update 8 or anything, no problems for other players either (it was SS2 & SS5 that were problematic). I guess it's kind of a bad luck, unfortunately.

If anyone objects to these guys being allowed to run the EUX session please say so. While we are running for points, on-line rallying is meant to be fun. If it wasn't for that BL&^%$ update at the last minute none of this would be happening, sob sob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%