RDRC S1 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a pity Robb, Its an amazing stage. I'd say the video card is the problem though, but i'm going to say "go and buy a better one before the next round;)".

Did you try the 3km stage and also have you driven Mount Herman or Pikes Peak?

My stablemate has some issues with performance on some of the BTB stages, they run really poorly for him. I have not run into an issue yet, but will make sure to test these before the rally.

Well, than don't change just for me if for anyone else is working fine. Let's wait for the others.

I have tried Mont Herman and Pike's Peak and both works fine. Tervaniemi 3km doesn't work for me also. I'l try the 15km one to se if I can pass the first few km.
Edit: no, for sure Tervaniemi 15km for me doesn't work. To many FPS for my machine, sorry but I can't run it. No hard feelings, you can keep the stage, maybe I'll participate to the event but no runs for me in Tervaniemi 15km .

Well, than don't change just for me if for anyone else is working fine. Let's wait for the others.

The issues in the past have been with the stages crashing, have faults in the program, this one is down to performance. I wasn't sure about that stage for the same reason and asked 2 drivers to test them before i set the course. They didn't report any problems but............

Robb, like everyone else has mentioned it sounds like a FPS issue, that particular stage has a bit detail to process, a lot of trees from memory, if you open up task manager what else do you have running in the background, when playing RBR?

If you haven't already, try shutting down non-essential applications/programs in task manager, see 'Processes' & 'Applications' tabs. This will reduce the workload on your computer and free-up ram (physical memory).

The only things i have running in the background generally when playing games is Explorer.exe & my Internet Security(firewall&AntiV). You can also safely shut down stuff like Adobe reader, Firefox etc basically anything not related to the core windows operating system (i presume your using windows?), Desktop Windows Manager can also be safely shutdown to.

If you can't be bothered shutting stuff down everytime before playing games a free program called 'Game Booster' (http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html) will do this for you with one click, nice wee program and it has a small resource footprint.

Also, do you know if there are lot of programs booting up when you start your computer?, have a look at your "System Config" file (control panel/Admin tools) modify that before doing the above, then restart your computer.

If you are using a Nvidia Card you could also make adjustments in the Nvidia Control Panel/Manage 3d Setting's/Program settings/Richard Burns rally.. restore to defaults, then increase 'Maximum pre-rendered frames' to suit. Input lag in your steering wheel will occur if you increase too much.

If your still having problems, i have a program which i can give you a link to that will allow you to put your RBR installation file on the outer edges of your hard disk which will give a 10-15 frames appx boost.

Apologize in advance if I'm preaching to the choir, Good Luck :)

For the championship rounds I think having it accessible for everyone is much better than having stages that might exclude someone from points. The club rallies, I could see including it, but the championship is serious bizness! :)

Robb,If you canget it workingg imigh iclude i later round.. I agree wth Aaron, we don't want people missing points because of this. Its why we give as much notice as posible so if anyone is having problems they can fix them or we can change the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%