RD MINI Challenge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually sad about this merge of skinsets, as many numbers are already taken, but don't think that all of them will sign up for the league as well.

I've been using #26 for a long while, even on the MINI Friday events, though it was a factory skin. Now I can't even sign up with the number of choice. :(

I'm actually sad about this merge of skinsets, as many numbers are already taken, but don't think that all of them will sign up for the league as well.

I've been using #26 for a long while, even on the MINI Friday events, though it was a factory skin. Now I can't even sign up with the number of choice. :(

Sorry fot that, but we want to avoid conflicts with the standard team/skins at the mini.

So with the merge in one single set, I assume we can forget the April 20th deadline: skins must be sent before the 27th now? I'm asking because @Paul Jeffrey asked me a change on his scheme, I sent him yesterday evening but I see he did not connect since yesterday afternoon. Not sure when he will be able to transfer you the skin… Hope all is well btw...

Can I have this skin for the League ?
caterpillar-jpg.131724

And nr 13 if possible.. if not any other number

So with the merge in one single set, I assume we can forget the April 20th deadline: skins must be sent before the 27th now? I'm asking because @Paul Jeffrey asked me a change on his scheme, I sent him yesterday evening but I see he did not connect since yesterday afternoon. Not sure when he will be able to transfer you the skin… Hope all is well btw...

Indeed its now 27th of April

Can I have this skin for the League ?
caterpillar-jpg.131724

And nr 13 if possible.. if not any other number

Skin is oke, but number is still in use.
Choose another one:

Numbers that are available:

10, 15, 16, 18, 20, 25, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34, 35, 36, 38, 39, 41, 43, 45, 47, 49, 50, 52, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 67, 73, 74, 75, 78, 79, 81, 82, 83, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98

Last edited:
Sorry fot that, but we want to avoid conflicts with the standard team/skins at the mini.
I understand the logic behind, but all leagues used a specific class and skinset for this very same reason - to not conflict with base content. Current Friday skin owners could have a simple updated window, which they will probably need anyway, and then many of the base game numbers could be used as well for this specific series. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, currently this is the reason why I'm hesitating to enter. For a league I'd naturally want a custom skin made, and use the number I use since I'm on RD, and which is not actually taken by a human, but only by base content. So practically it should be free to use.

Tamas, I understand your frustration but I think in this case they try to keep the original cars for at 2 reasons:
- the carset will be used for the league but also for the classical MINI Friday's, where you will have many people that will join for a single event and will need to pick up a standard skin
- with AMS you cannot really easily add a new serie: it has to be named reiza21 and will certainly be overwritten as soon as Reiza will add a new car.
So it is probably safer to add these skins to the same serie as the standard skins. Now all these are my assumptions, I'm not part of the staff!

the carset will be used for the league but also for the classical MINI Friday's, where you will have many people that will join for a single event and will need to pick up a standard skin
I don't really see a problem here. Even with the standard skinset the same livery and number was used by multiple people. So how would having a custom #26 interfere with the base content, besides having two liveries now with the same number in club events? Those don't have to be unique, as the skin is identified by the driver name and team, not the number AFAIK. At least it's that way in other ISI engine based games.

I don't really see a problem here. Even with the standard skinset the same livery and number was used by multiple people. So how would having a custom #26 interfere with the base content, besides having two liveries now with the same number in club events? Those don't have to be unique, as the skin is identified by the driver name and team, not the number AFAIK. At least it's that way in other ISI engine based games.
Yep, good point, did not think about that. Honestly I don't know how the game handles 2 different cars with the same number… :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%