RDMC by Extreme Simracing: Round One Live Today

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDMC by Extreme Sim Racing Rd1.jpg

The RaceDepartment Mini Challenge by Extreme Simracing kicks off later today, let's take a look at the pre-qualifying and road to round 1.

Guest article by @Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Pre-qualifying done and Round One is just around the corner as the 'Silent Assasin' Ross McGregor fired the first shot, going against he's weakness as he won the season opening pre-qualifying event in spectacular style.

He made a statement, will the people of RDMC fight back in the opening championship race?

Second place went to Chris Butcher, third Chris Shepherd and fourth was taken by Luka Berk.

Following a tense pre-qualifying, we caught up with top warrior Chris Butcher and this are his words :

CHRIS BUTCHER “Well he only got P1 because I stopped lapping, I could have gone quicker!

Some of the not so good surprises were Frank Lehman down in 27th, Magnus sternby 51st and Dave Stephenson 37th, me personally, I was expecting all of them to be in Division 1, guess I should not play the bookies...

One big surprise was Bram Hengeveld in 10th place, very happy for him.

First round we go into the Ardities country at the well known Imola race track, very scenic track, very fun and challenging with some corners where these mighty Minis will definitely find the limit, and perhaps the wall...

One tip that this writer can give to the drivers is to always be on the accelerator pedal, even in braking 2-5% - liftoff oversteer will be deadly in the middle part of the track.

The opening race of the 2019 RaceDepartment Mini Challenge by Extreme Simracing will take place live on the RDTV Twitch channel from 13:30 UTC HERE.

Pre-Qualification Results in Full:
RDMC pre qualy results.png

Round One full race broadcast on demand:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362730189

Last edited:
RD FOUNDER on a public chat using deliberate language to belittle a RD paid member.
Very professional bram (detect the sarcasm)

Faster, okay, well i was in 8th from 15th by the first 6 corners then i got badly shunted into the top chicane so dropped too last by lap 1 but still finished 9th, yeah i’ll always keep going pal!
I don't think it was meant as belittling. It's not like he said: "ur slow, git gud". I believe it was meant as an encouragement to keep pushing yourself, an attitude which is in line with a league like this.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.3%