• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

RDLMS S7 | Test 1 | 2 Hours of Bahrain

Discussion in 'RD Le Mans Series by Vesaro' started by Yoeri Gijsen, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Added to Calendar: 21-01-17
  1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen

Ratings:
    +856
    RaceDepartment Le Mans Series Season 7 (2017)
    Round 0 | 2 Hours of Bahrain
    January 21st, 2017

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Session Timetable
    • 17:55 | Race server reboot
    • 18:00 | Official practice (no duplicate cars allowed from this point on!) & Briefing
    • 18:50 | Prototype qualifying (25 minutes)
    • 19:15 | GT qualifying (25 minutes)
    • 19:40 | Warm-up
    • 20:00 | Race start (in-game: 12:00 / 12PM)
    • 22:00 | Race ends (in-game: 00:00 / 12AM)
    All times are posted in GMT. Daylight Saving Time changes occur between Round 1 and Round 2 for most countries. Find out when your DST changes! Some of the countries revert back towards the end of the season, though most don't (before the season ends, that is).

Server Details
    Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R0
    Password: Click here
    Track: Bahrain International Circuit (v1.02)
    Cars: EnduRacers Endurance Series (v0.2) (alt. link: v0.2)

Safety car: RD Safety Car - Nissan 370z (v1.1)

All Premium Members, whether they are registered to race in RDLMS or not, are welcome to drive on the RDLMS server, except during event times (see above).

Live timing: HERE

Test Event
    Since this is a test event, all teams are strongly encouraged to participate in order to test the cars and meet the competition and traffic live. The event is also important for organizers to test the server and race procedures.

Unless otherwise specified, teams are requested to field only one car for each of their licenses and use driver swaps to let multiple drivers have a taste. In case participation numbers are low, teams may enter multiple cars for this event.

The event will not yield any championship points.

This thread is may receive updates.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,715
    TXL Racing are in :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +788
    Apologies if I missed it, what will the in game time be for the race?

4. Anderson Rodrigues

Anderson Rodrigues
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys!

For this special event, the teams need carset?

Best regards!

5. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,118
    The in-game start time shall be 12pm, and 6x-time acceleration shall be used so that we see (and are able to test) changing light conditions. :thumbsup: We hope to also have the real weather plugin setup in time for the event.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,118
    A custom car pack is in the process of being created. This resource includes default skins for each of the cars that may be used for the event. If you submit your team's custom skin before the deadline then this shall also be included as part of the pack, and you may use this instead. :)

7. Decenten

Decenten
    Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC Premium

Ratings:
    +406
    Season looks like it is going to be really good. Close up the front. Hope that more entries join the GT class before Bahrain

• Like Like x 2
  8. Douglas Simoneli

Douglas Simoneli
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi guys,

To register the teams for this event, we need to be registered in the championship? I'm asking, because we have not yet completed our line up.

thx

9. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,118
    Hi Douglas,

Ideally you should be registered to participate in the championship if you wish to partake in this event, but this is not a necessity; certainly for all subsequent rounds, however, your team will need to be registered so that you are licensed to race in the RDLMS. You can find more information about signing-up here. Don't worry if you have not yet completed your line-up - this can be amended at any time once you have registered and entered the league.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  10. Decenten

Decenten
    Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC Premium

Ratings:
    +406
    GT cars might be able to get into the 56s :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs

Ratings:
    +788
    Thought I might share some replay footage from my quickest lap - looks like the secret is out.......

Wait what.....

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 5
  12. Scrambles

Scrambles
    Mower of Lawns Premium

Ratings:
    +610
    I can't join the server right now. It freezes as soon as the track finishes loading :O_o: Any idea why this might suddenly be happening? I see there are currently 9 AI drivers on track.

13. Davy Vandevenne

Davy Vandevenne
    Executive Producer Video Content Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,334
    Try to clean the HAT folder under user data.

14. Scrambles

Scrambles
    Mower of Lawns Premium

Ratings:
    +610
    Hmmm...I don't have a HAT folder? It's a relatively fresh install of rF2. No races run yet, just practice sessions.

15. Scrambles

Scrambles
    Mower of Lawns Premium

Ratings:
    +610
    Ok now I'm getting a whole bunch of gmotor2 error messages. Singleplayer works fine.

16. Davy Vandevenne

Davy Vandevenne
    Executive Producer Video Content Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,334
    Oh, i can't test it myself at work now. Maybe a server issue? @Daiman Patel

17. Mark Greenall

Mark Greenall

Ratings:
    +2,527
    Can the top tier cars start to allow for the gt cars a bit more? My team mate and I were on long runs last night and it got ruined by the class 1 cars attempting ridiculous overtakes and spinning out in our paths. This is a practice server, so if hot lapping is your plan wait for a gap or do it when gt are not present. I have driven faster cars in other events and I never did this I would pass on the straights. When your looking after tyres it's no fun to have massive lock ups to avoid cars diving into apex when there no room and then been blamed for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,118
    Apologies for the issues David. Just to check, have you previously managed to successfully access the server?

I have been testing the live timing software, and it's possible that this might have been interfering. I have just restarted the server; would you mind trying to log-in to the server again please?

If this doesn't work then I would suggest re-installing all of the mods - preferably let rFactor 2 handle this for you, by letting it download and install the components (via GetMod) when you enter the server. (There does seem to be an issue with the safety car, when adding AI, which causes the issue I have described - I noticed this myself whilst adding and removing AI cars from the server to test the live timing software.)

Please let me know if the problem persists.

(Sorry, I wrote this response about 4 hours ago, but I forgot to click on the 'Post Reply' button... :unsure:)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs

Ratings:
    +788
    Hi Mark

Fair points, I was on the server with you at the time, but am not aware of causing you any incidents, I think the only time I took you on a turn was once into turn 8.

I will play devil's advocate slightly however, (I didn't see you do this but have seen it in other races, so just general point to GT and P2). The faster car is allowed to make an overtake heading into a turn, it needs to be treated like any other normal overtake and the GT as well as the P2 have to give racing room, not just turn in since it's a faster car so they can wait for the straights. Just my thoughts anyway. (As mentioned you gave racing room in t8 so thank you)

Preseason will help both P2 and GT get some experience under their belts, but there will be incidents throughout the season unfortunately but that's multiclass, I'm sure everyone will be giving it their all, so hopefully we will have some great clean racing.

All the best, have a great race!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mark Greenall

Mark Greenall

Ratings:
    +2,527
    No problem mate it wasn't you. If I see a faster car I do pull off the racing line. However in last night instances I couldn't do that because it would have ruined the run. It takes roughly an hour to complete. I'm just trying to make it a fun experience for all really.
    I will take on board the info about the faster car regarding the corner entry.
    Cheers see you on track.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.