RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT!

The server for Test Race 3 (Round 0.9), which shall take place at Circuito do Estoril on Saturday 4th March at 13:00 GMT, is now available for testing and training. The password to access the server can be found in the 'RDLMS S7 PASSWORD' thread; please remember to never share this with anyone, else you will face a potential league and / or RaceDepartment ban. The cars, safety car, and track should be automatically downloaded and installed when you login, if you do not have them already, or they can be manually downloaded via the event thread (here).

We hope that as many of you as possible shall be able to join us for this final test race, as we ensure that preparations for the season have been finalised. And please note that the race shall commence at 1pm (13:00) GMT (with Official Practice starting at 11:00 GMT), to coincide with the start time of the now delayed Round 1, in an attempt to prevent any plans that you may have for the evening from being disrupted.

For this final test race the one car per team rule shall be enforced as we would like to ensure the correct and stable behaviour of the server and all software used for the league, in race conditions. This will also be the perfect opportunity for teams who have recently signed-up to acquaint themselves with the league, before the actual season begins. Finally, we would like to encourage teams to test driver swaps so that we can be sure they work without incident. Many thanks, and we hope to see you on track for the test race in just under 2 week's time.

EDIT: please also remember to submit your livery files, if you have not done so already. The next version of the custom car / skin pack (v1.1) shall be released as planned on Sunday 26th February for the final test race. Meanwhile, the submission deadline for Round 1 shall be Friday 24th March, and v1.2 of the skin pack shall be made available on Saturday 25th March for the start of the season. Any team whose skin is not in v1.2 of the resource shall not be permitted to race.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!

The server for Test Race 3 (Round 0.9), which shall take place at Circuito do Estoril on Saturday 4th March at 13:00 GMT, is now available for testing and training. The password to access the server can be found in the 'RDLMS S7 PASSWORD' thread; please remember to never share this with anyone, else you will face a potential league and / or RaceDepartment ban. The cars, safety car, and track should be automatically downloaded and installed when you login, if you do not have them already, or they can be manually downloaded via the event thread (here).

We hope that as many of you as possible shall be able to join us for this final test race, as we ensure that preparations for the season have been finalised. And please note that the race shall commence at 1pm (13:00) GMT (with Official Practice starting at 11:00 GMT), to coincide with the start time of the now delayed Round 1, in an attempt to prevent any plans that you may have for the evening from being disrupted.

For this final test race the one car per team rule shall be enforced as we would like to ensure the correct and stable behaviour of the server and all software used for the league, in race conditions. This will also be the perfect opportunity for teams who have recently signed-up to acquaint themselves with the league, before the actual season begins. Finally, we would like to encourage teams to test driver swaps so that we can be sure they work without incident. Many thanks, and we hope to see you on track for the test race in just under 2 week's time.

EDIT: please also remember to submit your livery files, if you have not done so already. The next version of the custom car / skin pack (v1.1) shall be released as planned on Sunday 26th February for the final test race. Meanwhile, the submission deadline for Round 1 shall be Friday 24th March, and v1.2 of the skin pack shall be made available on Saturday 25th March for the start of the season. Any team whose skin is not in v1.2 of the resource shall not be permitted to race.

Last edited:
I assume you mean the Gancho chicane? Yeah I know. Was added in '94 if I remember. Not the best circuit safety modification I've ever seen.....:roflmao:
That is for safety..... :roflmao: it's a freaken death trap lol maybe it's better in the gts but it doesn't work at all for prototypes.

Love watching some of the early 90s F1 videos when the pit crews safety gear was shorts and a t shirt lol

That chicane..... Sooooo bad lol any chance of a track layout change for the one without the chicane, that corner is brilliant heading into the last 2 turns.
My apologies! I was wondering if this might be an issue, and I now have my answer. :whistling:

I would be more than happy to change the track configuration to the GP Layout if the general consensus is that we should use this in preference to the GT Layout. :thumbsup: It will have to wait until at least the morning though, as I really must hit the hay. :sleep:

I'm definitely on the side voting for the GP layout. I feel things would be safer that way and allows the prototypes a better chance at lapping us GTs since without the chicane, you have another high speed-ish section that will allow the prototypes to use their top speed advantage to catch up to GTs. I would hate to see awkward moments between a GT and a Prototype happen at that chicane.

I disagree with the thought that the chicane is more unsafe than a narrow high speed, blind corner. With no one else on the server to spot for people there will be no way of knowing if somebody of this very large field has lost the car there. The GT layout is fine. The chicane is not the best chicane in the history of human kind, but with good driving and good setup choices the chicane is more than drivable in a prototype. Prototypes make the vast majority of their time in acceleration and breaking. The chicane has both, and us prototype drivers will have to adapt to driving around GTs on this circuit.

On a side note why choose Estoril? There are many other excellent tracks that are featured in sportscar racing. VLM Sebring has been a good standard of modded circuits for a long time, and if you look at the onboards of Estoril vs this version, some things do not seem correct.

I disagree with the thought that the chicane is more unsafe than a narrow high speed, blind corner. With no one else on the server to spot for people there will be no way of knowing if somebody of this very large field has lost the car there. The GT layout is fine. The chicane is not the best chicane in the history of human kind, but with good driving and good setup choices the chicane is more than drivable in a prototype. Prototypes make the vast majority of their time in acceleration and breaking. The chicane has both, and us prototype drivers will have to adapt to driving around GTs on this circuit.
In a way I agree with you - if teams had more time to test and practice then they would have the opportunity to work on tackling the chicane, and maybe the GT Layout would suffice. However, given that there is now only a week until the event, and since it is only a test race, I think opting for the GP Layout is the better option in this instance; in comparison I believe this will cause fewer incidents. I have not yet tried the GT Layout myself in a prototype, but even during a GT Club event I found the chicane to be rather treacherous, so I expect that it will cause some problems for a multi-class race.

On a side note why choose Estoril? There are many other excellent tracks that are featured in sportscar racing. VLM Sebring has been a good standard of modded circuits for a long time, and if you look at the onboards of Estoril vs this version, some things do not seem correct.
We wanted to use a track that is not going to be on the RDLMS calendar. We could also have gone with Matsusaka (Suzuka), but decided to save this for another time.

In a way I agree with you - if teams had more time to test and practice then they would have the opportunity to work on tackling the chicane, and maybe the GT Layout would suffice. However, given that there is now only a week until the event, and since it is only a test race, I think opting for the GP Layout is the better option in this instance; in comparison I believe this will cause fewer incidents. I have not yet tried the GT Layout myself in a prototype, but even during a GT Club event I found the chicane to be rather treacherous, so I expect that it will cause some problems for a multi-class race.

We wanted to use a track that is not going to be on the RDLMS calendar. We could also have gone with Matsusaka (Suzuka), but decided to save this for another time.
Spoilers..... Final round will be Suzuka!!!! :)

IMPORTANT!

After speaking with several drivers about the upcoming test race at Circuito do Estoril, a decision has been made to switch from the GT Layout to the GP Layout due to the hazardous nature of the chicane at Gancho. The server has now been updated accordingly, and the live timing track map shall also be updated soon. Thank you all for your feedback, and apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused for those who have already been practising and testing. Please note that lap times have been reset, and any rubber that was on the track shall need to be built up again.

On a side note why choose Estoril? There are many other excellent tracks that are featured in sportscar racing.

Actually Estoril has been used in ELMS in the last 2 seasons, however they really have to use the chicane version due to safety problems in the old corner (the distance to the saftey barriers is not long enough and the track cannot be widdened). But i do agree that in the case of the eague it is not a problem, nobody will be injured if it crashes heavely in that corner, worst case scenario you get a wounded pride :D

This variant (chicane as you call it) was never meant to be born, who invented it killed the circuit as it was, I do not know of any Portuguese driver who likes or has agreed to the invention of this variant and end of the "Curva do tanque" I'm a lot glad that ISI did the 2 layouts, I could not agree more with this decision! :p:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back