RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know who actually owns the track? If it's Reiza I see no chance of using it. Obvious reasoning would suggest you say no as a business to helping a rival game host a huge event.
If it's not Reiza maybe a contract loan can be agreed and both parties be reasonably happy. What that deal is a couldn't suggest as I don't have enough information.
but as Bram has said even a couple of developers were unsure as to whether or not the track was theirs
There is no way a deal is possible if even the developers have doubts. :p

Who rattled your cage. And who are you to me or Rd?
So far I have done 1 race in a mini great stuff eh. Been here 6 years and 1st time I've been spoken to like this? And how do you know I have no idea?? Do you know what I do for a living?? Actually I manage things oversee things, I wonder why I ended up doing that? Trust me money is not an issue to me, I don't play I racing neither did I mention it. I play Rf2 hence I signed up. Now I'm sorry that an opinion can hurt you so deeply truly I am. But that says something about the person reading the opinion, not me.
Do you actually believe your opinion to be worth more or.... just causing **** because you can?
Do you know a server can be bought by anyone or rented it's not sending a tin can to the moon.
Anyway I'd rather not enter into a slanging match with someone who means nothing to me. But a word to the wise I don't go about causing bad blood between people especially when I know I will be racing them and could make life difficult for me. It could be as your racing hard and comes down to Blue flags and the other car gets past very quick but your stuck behind for a lap. Not that I'd personally do that to you but many would. Don't keep trying to wind it up just live with it. Be a better person.

You brought Money into the discussion, not me. Iam here for 7 years now, have done 4 years in formula-simracing.net, have experience of around 100 races as administrator and more than 13 years of simracing experience. You can't make it right for everyone. And I guess they prefer to chancel the race instead of paying for illegal use.

If you want to hold me up during a race, feel free. As long as you are fast enough to hold me up.

;)

Move On.jpg

We'd like to sign up a team

Team name: 11000 Bit Racing
Team owner*: Lasse Ougaard
Team owner forum name*: @Lasse Ougaard
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*: Lasse Ougaard, @Lasse Ougaard
Driver 2*: Kasper Stoltze, @Kasper Stoltze
Driver 3: Peter Munkholm, @Peter Munkholm
Driver 4: Chris Johansen, @Chris Johansen

I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: No, I think Chris is missing, but will be sorted before he races.
I agree to the TOLA*: Yes

On a different note, I'm so glad Imola wasn't due on the same date as Interlagos...because if you had pulled it before 12pm, I wouldn't have believed you and I would have turned up regardless.:coffee:
(So don't even try that one when the time comes ok Daiman? ;))

On a different note, I'm so glad Imola wasn't due on the same date as Interlagos...because if you had pulled it before 12pm, I wouldn't have believed you and I would have turned up regardless.:coffee:
(So don't even try that one when the time comes ok Daiman? ;))
By the way, did I not mention... :whistling:

Too soon? :laugh:

G'day folks! I would like to begin with an apology for my delayed reply - it has been a busy week (and a few days... I started writing this on Saturday, but have only just been able to finish it).

Next, thank you all for taking part in last week's test race; all in all it was a success and also a good sign of progress compared to the test event at Bahrain (except for the hiccup at the beginning, when I completely lost track of time, but we'll gloss over that for now... :whistling:). :D In general all of the processes (qualifying format, start procedure, etc.) worked much better, while the amendments made to the Rules & Regulations (e.g. Safety-first zones) appeared to work well from a racing point of view, and were also beneficial for Race Control and stewards, all of which is a good sign for the start of the season. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately there were still a couple of technical issues during the race, but we shall keep a close eye on these and continue to investigate the cause as well as potential workarounds and solutions in an attempt to prevent the problems from occurring - the final test race will provide us with the perfect opportunity. The major lag that several of you have mentioned appeared to be the result of a server side issue - another dedicated server crashed at the same time, but we are not sure if this was the cause or if was simply affected by the problem. We shall closely monitor the server during races to ensure that such issues are kept to a minimum. Also, as you may or may not have noticed (one person - @Yokoinkopp - clearly did), live timing was unavailable during the final 30 minutes of the race; this was due to an error on my part, and I shall be attempting to find an explanation for its cause so that it does not happen again during any of this season's races. As a result of this problem were were also unfortunately unable to trial the full-course yellow procedure, so we shall attempt this during the final test race.

Now to quickly answer a few questions that have been raised:

At the begin of the race, I had a big problem, I saw only one or two cars in the screens but did not see the one more front. Sometimes I knew I had 5 or 6 cars in front of me, but I did not see any.

Anyone can help me ?
This could be due to a low value for the "Visible Vehicles" setting, which would result in only the cars that are closest to you (up to the specified value) being visible. Did you notice cars appearing and disappearing? I could also potentially be a network / ping issue, but I think the "Visible Vehicles" setting is more like to be the cause in this case.

The only problem I had was massive lag spikes from time to time, and those always came in very bad situations. It was a problem on my end though, in addition to the server lag that occurred also.
Where did the lags occur? Were you at a specific location on the track when the lags occurred, or were they seemingly random? Also, were you near several other cars at the time? And finally, what is the model and speed of your CPU? The reason I ask is because track banking can cause high CPU load / CPU spikes, which in turn can result in warping (erratic car movements).

An other thing I noticed was that twice I crashed into a Prototype car which had spun in T1 as I did not get any yellow flags displayed.
This sounds like it may have been a track-related issue.

Penultimately, I would once again like to thank @Dennis as well as @Frank for their assistance on the night.

And finally, I would also like to end with an apology for the situation regarding Imola. We hope this does not deter you from remaining committed to the league. The origin of tracks that are due to be used for Season 7 have now been verified once again, and also we shall only be using resources available via the Studio 397 forums or Steam Workshop, so that we can ensure that there is not a repeat of this issue.

We'd like to sign up a team

Team name: 11000 Bit Racing
Team owner*: Lasse Ougaard
Team owner forum name*: @Lasse Ougaard
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*: Lasse Ougaard, @Lasse Ougaard
Driver 2*: Kasper Stoltze, @Kasper Stoltze
Driver 3: Peter Munkholm, @Peter Munkholm
Driver 4: Chris Johansen, @Chris Johansen

I shall ensure all drivers are Premium Members for each round of the series*: No, I think Chris is missing, but will be sorted before he races.
I agree to the TOLA*: Yes
Thank you for registering your team, Lasse. :)

Just a heads up, @Kasper Stoltze also appears to not have Premium Membership at the moment, so it would be great if you can also ensure that this is sorted before the start of the season. :thumbsup:

@Yoeri Gijsen shall process your application soon.

Where did the lags occur? Were you at a specific location on the track when the lags occurred, or were they seemingly random? Also, were you near several other cars at the time? And finally, what is the model and speed of your CPU? The reason I ask is because track banking can cause high CPU load / CPU spikes, which in turn can result in warping (erratic car movements).
I am pretty sure it was network related, I told my girlfriend to only watch stuff from the usb stick while I have my race. She however used the Amazon Fire stick. So she was streaming some shows in HD and I am pretty certain this caused high pings from time to time.

This sounds like it may have been a track-related issue.
Probably the yellows were not shown any more because the affected car had already turned around, or was back on the track but just not up to speed yet. I am not certain about this thought, but since we are not using that track any ways it does not really matter for now. :)

Not sure if this has been asked already but here goes: Me and my brother live under the same roof and would like to participate. Is it possible for us to join the competion using one RF2 account? If so, do we need to notify at which point he will be taking over? Thanks

Edit: My brother will act as a reserve driver for the team by the way just in case.
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you Alexis. Of course you can sign up for the league, and both drive from the same PC (perform a physical driver swap, as opposed to an in-game swap). We shall release more details about this soon, but please remember to include both of your names in the line-up. :)

RaceDepartment Le Mans Series Season 7 (2017)
Round 0.9 | 2 Hours of Estoril
March 4th, 2017
Estoril00.c903edd58f854fbed87b3ec79779672c.png
Session Timetable
  • 10:55 | Race server reboot
  • 11:00 | Official practice & Briefing (no duplicate cars allowed from this point on)
  • 11:45 | GT qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:15 | Prototype qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:45 | Warm-up
  • 13:00 | Race start (in-game: 13:00 / 1PM)
  • 15:00 | Race ends (in-game: 15:00 / 3PM)
All times are posted in GMT. Daylight Saving Time changes occur between Round 1 and Round 2 for most countries. Find out when your DST changes! Some of the countries revert back towards the end of the season, though most don't (before the season ends, that is).

Server Details
Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS 0.9
Password: Click here
Track: Circuito do Estoril (v2.0)
Cars: EnduRacers Endurance Series (v1.1) (alt. link: v1.1)
Safety car: RD Safety Car - Nissan 370z (v1.2)

Live timing: HERE

Steward Notes
  • Please review the latest additions to the regulations before joining.
  • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can be found there too.
Safety-first Zones
Portugal GP Layout.png

Pit Entry Positioning

For the race at Estoril, we recommend that any cars wishing to enter the pits stay towards the inside / right side of the track after exiting the final corner (Parabólica Ayrton Senna). Any cars wishing to overtake should do so around the outside / left side of the track as the pit entry and start / finish line are approached.

Test Race
This is the final test before the championship season starts. It is a final opportunity for teams to get acquainted with one another in racing conditions and also an opportunity for the latest entries to get a taste of the action. We strongly encourage teams to at least field their car with one driver and perhaps practice driver swaps. The event will take place in the (European) afternoon, and shall commence at the same time as all of this season's rounds.

This thread may be subject to changes. Please review regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you Alexis. Of course you can sign up for the league, and both drive from the same PC (perform a physical driver swap, as opposed to an in-game swap). We shall release more details about this soon, but please remember to include both of your names in the line-up. :)

I'm also interested in the details about a physical driver swap. When you can give more information about it, please keep me posted!
Thanks ;)

I'm also interested in the details about a physical driver swap. When you can give more information about it, please keep me posted!
Thanks ;)
I shall do! :thumbsup: I just need to check a few specifics related to the in-game driver swap process, before appropriately updating the rules to account for physical driver swaps; once this has been done (hopefully by the weekend) I will post an "Information" message in this thread. :)

Would it be possible to take the last GT ?, we have gathered two more drivers and my question is?
In the team of Racing Club # 104, would change from being six members to four:

# 104 Racing Club Endurance Team: @praxtonio, @Gabriel Caride, @ elkrack2

# 121 RC MotorSport Team: @A. Baker, @Ian Navarro, @elpolan, @Alexdemayo

I am waiting for the fourth driver of the car # 104 to become the premium account, as soon as I do so I register.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%