RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can i get the password to the server called ''RACEDEPARTMENT.COM TEST'' ?
You must join the track testing team in order to have access to this server. Any participant in the RDLMS is able to join the team - see here for more information.

Meanwhile, the server for the official test race, at the Autódromo do Estoril, shall go live tomorrow.

the server for the official test race, at the Autódromo do Estoril, shall go live tomorrow.
Thank you Daiman. Really sorry to see this "drama", it is not a nice reward for all the work that you and the team are doing! Hopefully it will only be a side story, very quickly forgotten, and we will enjoy a nice league!

Why a test race? This will be the 3rd. Tbh I think you should just get on with imola. What's the worse that can happen? No one even claims rights to it.
A multi millionaire lawsuit and ban RD from the internet I would say (excluding personal stuff like jail). DMCA claims are not a joke these days and RD did what was sensible and aborted the track. Of course this is an extreme, but if you want to race ripped content I suggest you to look for another league.

Even though I'm also disappointed there will be yet another test race, you have to think that the organizers do this in their free time and aren't 24/7 available to get everything running. It is ultimately their call if it is possible or not to change a track in two weeks time, regardless of what league/person x does.

Also, it brings us closer to rF2 major updates which should help massively with game stability and some bugs during swaps. You don't know how much pissed you become after a driver crash or a game freeze destroys your race.

A multi millionaire lawsuit and ban RD from the internet I would say (excluding personal stuff like jail). DMCA claims are not a joke these days and RD did what was sensible and aborted the track. Of course this is an extreme, but if you want to race ripped content I suggest you to look for another league.

Even though I'm also disappointed there will be yet another test race, you have to think that the organizers do this in their free time and aren't 24/7 available to get everything running. It is ultimately their call if it is possible or not to change a track in two weeks time, regardless of what league/person x does.

Also, it brings us closer to rF2 major updates which should help massively with game stability and some bugs during swaps. You don't know how much pissed you become after a driver crash or a game freeze destroys your race.
If I wanted to use ripped stuff I wouldn't join what is essentially a pay league. So unless your admin don't suggest I find another league after 600 laps practice. We all pay money and get told what a great experience until it goes wrong and then everyone is unpaid and I should be grateful. The Xbox league in 2011 was run far better.

I can't get your problem. Would you prefer to drive Imola, maybe leading the field and withdraw due to a track bug? And the 600 laps are not wasted. 500 Laps more than me = 500 laps more experience with the mod, the tyre behaviour, setup wise ect.

So stop whining and take it like a man.

I can't get your problem. Would you prefer to drive Imola, maybe leading the field and withdraw due to a track bug? And the 600 laps are not wasted. 500 Laps more than me = 500 laps more experience with the mod, the tyre behaviour, setup wise ect.

So stop whining and take it like a man.
Stop being a yes man.
Why would imola have a bug? We are talking copyright not bugs welcome to the party. A bit late. By the way my opinion is not whining. I'm 36 not 15. I am entitled to my opinion. Guess what it's a public forum. Respect my opinion il gladly respect yours. Until then..

500 - 600 laps wasted.
Not a great way to start a championship.. Replacing it with another track would have made more sense in my opinion.
If it has so much testing how did this happen?
I'm terribly sorry guys. This is not exactly how I had envisaged the start of the season either, but ultimately we could not ignore the comments made and issue raised by @melanieuk. It has been a longstanding policy of RaceDepartment to not use content that may have been illicitly copied from another game, therefore to ensure the integrity of the RDLMS we had to pull Imola from the calendar.

A considerable amount of effort has gone into ensuring that the resources utilised by and for the RDLMS are suitable for league use, and also to make appropriate changes to the tracks to meet our needs; if we had suspected anything sooner regarding the track's origin then appropriate action would have been taken at the time so as not to affect the timetable. In this case, and as @Ricoow has said, we made the mistake of ensuring that the tracks worked and drove well enough for league use without actually verifying its source, and I take full responsibility for this. It was unfortunate that somebody else had to raise the issue, but as Bram has said even a couple of developers were unsure as to whether or not the track was theirs so for me to determine its source would have been difficult, not that this detracts from the fact that we are at fault for this error.

Meanwhile, provisions have not been finalised for this situation, or the next round; work on the track and server-side software, as well as preparations for the broadcast are still underway. And there is now insufficient time to get everything ready before the planned date for Round 1, therefore we had had to make the tough decision to once again postpone the start of the season. I appreciate that you and your team-mates have put so much time and effort into testing and training - your dedication is admirable - and I understand why you would feel aggrieved about your time being wasted, but ultimately you have now learned more about your car so really it has not been entirely pointless. And if you still feel the same way please spare a thought for the volunteers (including those who are not staff members) who have put a number of hours in to track testing, etc. and whose time has also been wasted as a result of our mistake.

Why a test race? This will be the 3rd. Tbh I think you should just get on with imola. What's the worse that can happen? No one even claims rights to it.
Another test race will give us the opportunity to test a number of aspects, including the stability of the server with a full grid, the broadcast software and tools, and other software related to the RDLMS, before the start of the league itself. It may be the third such test race, but this one shall be held in exactly the same conditions as an actual league race, including live stewards, so if anything this will be a benefit as it will allow us to mitigate as many potential issues as possible. Also I believe you did not partake in the last one anyway, so I don't know why it should matter to you that this is the third test event.

Unfortunately we cannot "just get on with Imola". We cannot now distribute or use the content given that its origin is suspect. Nobody wants a copyright infringement case on their hands. It's regrettable that this issue has been raised so close to the start of the season, but the only option was for us to immediately stop using the mod.

I will apologise once again, and hold my hands up to making this untoward blunder; once the matter came to light, however, there was very little we could to rectify the situation.

What you are doing is whining. Not more. And if there are copyright problems then there are copywrite problems.They could know that earlier but anyway. Life with it.

Yes, you pay 10 Euros for 1 year. 36 cents per day to host a server, edit tracks and mods, invest time to make everything possible. You have no clue about the work they do. But if you want to go, go and play iracing. There you can drive always the same tracks and cars, without copyright problems.

Glad you guys have sorted it out so quickly. Some people are very quick to judge and make comments. I for one applaud you and the other staff members for handling it so well. Interlagos should be an amazing start to the season!

What you are doing is whining. Not more. And if there are copyright problems then there are copywrite problems.They could know that earlier but anyway. Life with it.

Yes, you pay 10 Euros for 1 year. 36 cents per day to host a server, edit tracks and mods, invest time to make everything possible. You have no clue about the work they do. But if you want to go, go and play iracing. There you can drive always the same tracks and cars, without copyright problems.

Excellent post, it is extremely unfair to blast the admin's for the action they have taken. Yes, I agree it's very sad this has happened, but be glad that the league won't be pulled for this - something which COULD have happened if they went ahead with it.

Who rattled your cage. And who are you to me or Rd?
So far I have done 1 race in a mini great stuff eh. Been here 6 years and 1st time I've been spoken to like this? And how do you know I have no idea?? Do you know what I do for a living?? Actually I manage things oversee things, I wonder why I ended up doing that? Trust me money is not an issue to me, I don't play I racing neither did I mention it. I play Rf2 hence I signed up. Now I'm sorry that an opinion can hurt you so deeply truly I am. But that says something about the person reading the opinion, not me.
Do you actually believe your opinion to be worth more or.... just causing **** because you can?
Do you know a server can be bought by anyone or rented it's not sending a tin can to the moon.
Anyway I'd rather not enter into a slanging match with someone who means nothing to me. But a word to the wise I don't go about causing bad blood between people especially when I know I will be racing them and could make life difficult for me. It could be as your racing hard and comes down to Blue flags and the other car gets past very quick but your stuck behind for a lap. Not that I'd personally do that to you but many would. Don't keep trying to wind it up just live with it. Be a better person.

@Daiman Patel
I understand the general issue, I also understand copyright and how serious and easy it is to ensue a claim in the matter.
What I want to ask in a polite manner is this -
Do you know who actually owns the track? If it's Reiza I see no chance of using it. Obvious reasoning would suggest you say no as a business to helping a rival game host a huge event.
If it's not Reiza maybe a contract loan can be agreed and both parties be reasonably happy. What that deal is a couldn't suggest as I don't have enough information.
I am not moaning I am actively looking at the situation and trying to see a solution outside the box.
Is there definite acceptance that imola 100% can not be granted permissions for this event? Get the teams to pay another £5 each as a sweetener to the owner maybe.
Sometimes just talking to people works wonders and everything in life is negotiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 135 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.1%