RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaceDepartment Le Mans Series Season 7 (2017)
Round 1 | 12 Hours of Interlagos
April 1st, 2017

Interlagos.png

Session Timetable
  • 10:55 | Race server reboot
  • 11:00 | Official practice & Briefing (no duplicate cars allowed from this point on)
  • 11:45 | GT qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:15 | Prototype qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 12:45 | Warm-up
  • 13:00 | Race start [Saturday 1st April] (in-game: 13:00 / 1PM)
  • 01:00 | Race ends [Sunday 2nd April] (in-game: 01:00 / 1AM)
All times are posted in GMT. Daylight Saving Time changes occur before Round 1 for most countries. Find out when your DST changes!

Server Details
Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R1
Password: Click here
Track: Interlagos
Cars: EnduRacers Endurance Series (v1.2) (alt. link: v1.2)
Safety car: RD Safety Car - Nissan 370z (v1.2)

Live timing: HERE

Weather data & forecast: HERE

Steward Notes
  • Please review the latest additions to the regulations before joining.
  • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can be found there too.
Safety-first Zones

The following diagram indicates the location of Safety-first Zones for Round 1, the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlagos:

SaoPaulo-zoned.png

The yellow zone, which shall be in effect during the first lap following a start or restart, shall commence along the start / finish straight and end at the exit of Bico de Pato.

The orange zones, of which there are 4, shall be enforced for the duration of the race, and are positioned as follows:
  • Starting at the entry of Curva 1, and ending at the exit of 'S' do Senna (these corners are often collectively referred to as the Senna S)
  • Starting at the exit of Laranjinha / the entry of Esse, and ending at the exit of Pinheirinho
  • Bico de Pato
  • Junção
Please refer to the image at the top of this post for corner names.

Pit Entry Positioning

For the race at Interlagos, we recommend that any cars entering the pits stay as far left (towards the inside of the track) as possible when driving through Subida dos Boxes towards the pit entry lane. Any cars looking to overtake should do so around the outside / right side of the track, as the pit entry and start / finish line are approached. Cars not wishing to enter the pits MUST stay to right of the white line marking the entry lane to the pits.

Physical Driver Swap Penalty Position

Following a physical driver swap, the new driver is expected to drive to the end of the pit-lane and stop for 5 seconds (the time for an in-game driver swap) to account for any time that could be gained. Race Control should be informed when a swap is due to be performed so that a steward can be sent to oversee the pit-stop and ensure that the 5 second "penalty" is served. Please refer to the attached images ('Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box #.JPG') which show where the driver is expected to stop the car after a physical driver swap has been performed.

This thread may be subject to changes. Please review regularly.

Attachments

• Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 1.JPG
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 1.JPG
    689.6 KB · Views: 306
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 2.JPG
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 2.JPG
    647.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 3.JPG
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 3.JPG
    764.8 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:
You can thank @Gijs van Elderen for his fantastic work on the tracks! :D

The "Dennis & Daiman" chicane was his idea - it is indeed a nice little touch, and never fails to make me chuckle every time I drive past the names. We can assure you, however, that these colourful and deceptively benign looking barricades (of death) will not be visible during the race session (and potentially also the qualifying session - I can't quite remember whether or not this is the case) to save a car from being destroyed by accidentally going into one of them in the final hour of the race! :roflmao:

How is this likely to work? Are you able to hide track objects server side? Or will it be a new track release? I love them haha! Great way to stop people cutting the track. Also love the sausage curbs on the exits, whilst I HATE them, it really does force you to be careful!

How is this likely to work? Are you able to hide track objects server side? Or will it be a new track release? I love them haha! Great way to stop people cutting the track. Also love the sausage curbs on the exits, whilst I HATE them, it really does force you to be careful!
Objects around the track can be hidden or made visible on a per session basis, so there will be no need to release a new version of the track. :)

HAHA, no worries mate! I must say that I agree with you - the reconnaissance lap will potentially more confusion and trouble than it's worth. Also, as you say, it does not really add much from either a driver's or spectator's point of view, and since cars are "teleported" to the grid if they are not already there, once the time is up, it's kind of pointless - a gimmick really. I shall update the server configuration so that from Round 1 onward cars will be immediately placed on the grid, and then the start procedure shall commence (manual formation lap, and "Green Flag" from Race Control) when the lights go green. :thumbsup:

The reconnaissance lap is a great feature. If the time is long enough it's possible to reach your spot before the time is zero. If you can't make it just go of your pedals. Never had any problems with it in atleast 100 races with it. Anyway :) Are you sure you want to use the SC for the Formation lap? Can't remember a single race where it worked. If the field doesn't line up correctly the race will not go green. But my experience is from 1098 Build. Don't know how it changed since Studio397 is the developer :)

The reconnaissance lap is a great feature. If the time is long enough it's possible to reach your spot before the time is zero. If you can't make it just go of your pedals. Never had any problems with it in atleast 100 races with it. Anyway :) Are you sure you want to use the SC for the Formation lap? Can't remember a single race where it worked. If the field doesn't line up correctly the race will not go green. But my experience is from 1098 Build. Don't know how it changed since Studio397 is the developer :)
Yes, I'm aware that it is possible to reach your grid spot in time if the length of the reconnaissance lap period has been appropriately adjusted. It may add to the immersion factor for some people, but omitting it for RDLMS races is a price worth paying to keep the start procedure as simple as possible for both drivers and race stewards. My concern is that the reconnaissance lap will potentially cause confusion, especially if drivers are not used it / aware of it, and race control will subsequently have to deal with a barrage of questions about cars being forced to start from the pit lane and requests to remove penalties when they should be focussed on starting the race. For club races and certain league races I think it would be fine, but it's not a risk worth taking / that I'm willing to take for the RDLMS.

As for the formation lap and safety car, we will not be using the in-built feature; you are right that rFactor 2 is very pedantic about how the grid is lined-up - it must be exact - else the safety car will stay out (which is technically how it should be, but the rules in rFactor 2 are too restrictive). For the RDLMS, when the light goes green at the beginning of the race, there shall be a "manual" formation lap behind a safety car, driven either by myself or another member of RDLMS staff, before a rolling start; Race Control will call "Green Flag" over TeamSpeak to start the race. This start procedure is described in the Rules & Regulations - see here for more information.

Looking for a drive in GTE preferably aston martin, corvette or BMW (in that order) if there are any spaces left. Happy to have a test drive so you can see my pace as I'm not really sure where I stack up or what is classified as decent pace. Only date I can't make is the first round at Imola. PM me :)

Last edited:
Looking for a drive in GTE preferably corvette or BMW if there are any spaces left. Happy to have a test drive so you can see my pace as I'm not really sure where I stack up or what is classified as decent pace. Only date I can't make is the first round at Imola. PM me :)
Don't forget that you need a premium membership before you can take part in the league first.

Hello guys, I am a great driver and I want to find a seat to drive in this league.
I don't know if I need to be a Premium Member... I would like to give you money for all your work but I can't because I am 19 years old and my parents wouldn't understeand I am racing in this type of events.

I am a very good driver and I prefer the fastest cars avaliable because I race Formula 1 99% of my time in SimRacing.
So I would like to drive LMP1 but I can drive all the cars you want... I am ready to be the fastest driver with all of them :D

Here you can see my driving:

I can also say you that I am the 90% main modding person of the famous F1LRCLUB-VCR 2013 mod for rFactor :D

If someone is interested to have me in his team, just contact me through MP or through this post ;)

Hello guys, I am a great driver and I want to find a seat to drive in this league.
I don't know if I need to be a Premium Member... I would like to give you money for all your work but I can't because I am 19 years old and my parents wouldn't understeand I am racing in this type of events.

Yeah you need to be premium in order to participate, it is 10 Euro per year, CHEAP STUFF.

Team name: RMI Motorsport
Team owner*: Roy Magnes
Team owner forum name*: Roy Magnes
Preferred class*: GT
Driver 1*: Roy Magnes / Roy Magnes
Driver 2*: Ole Marius Myrvold / Ole Marius Myrvold
Driver 3: Michael Nelson / Michael Nelson
Driver 4: Jonatan Åcerclinth / Jonatan Åcerclinth
Driver 5:
Driver 6:
I shall ensure all drivers are premium members for each round of the series*: YES
I agree to the TOLA*: YES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years