RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a good week to buy it as the lifetime subscription rF2 is currently on sale for 38.99€.
promo code "40OCT15″.

I spotted that...but what happens when rF2 migrates to Steam? If I've bought the lifetime, will I be eventually able to 'transfer' it over to the Steam install?

I spotted that...but what happens when rF2 migrates to Steam? If I've bought the lifetime, will I be eventually able to 'transfer' it over to the Steam install?

Will my online access be carried over from non-Steam to Steam?
No, not for the standard version of rF2. We are not able to move over remaining online access, so users may want to wait until that expires before migrating. Lifetime access is carried over to Steam.

It sounds a bit confusing but:
If you buy the lifetime access now, it will remain lifetime... :thumbsup:
If you buy the standard + the yearly online access now: the yearly online access won't be carried over.

Any chance on limiting the amount of tyre sets for a race? Like for forcing double and even triple stints? I think it would add a lot for the endurance experience!
Not available in rF2 as far as I know. With most cars at the moment double stinting is not an option anyway, because you would have to go really slow in the stints. In reality they rarely double stint now except for LeMans.

Not available in rF2 as far as I know. With most cars at the moment double stinting is not an option anyway, because you would have to go really slow in the stints. In reality they rarely double stint now except for LeMans.
They did double stints in almost every race since when I'm following WEC. And also they even did triple stints at silverstone earlier this year.

They did double stints in almost every race since when I'm following WEC. And also they even did triple stints at silverstone earlier this year.
I only had in mind that in Silverstone it didn't really work for Porsche, but I haven't followed it that closely this year. It depens on the car. Most cars even with harder tires are not good on double stints in rF2. I drove two WEC style leauges last year and in one double stinting was possible, but it only really worked at LeMans. With unlimited tires it hardly pays off. With the next builds rF2 supports or should support to carry over old tires during a driver swap (at the moment you get new tires) that could make it more interesting.
I think tire wear is not reflected perfectly in rF2. Last season we saw teams taking harder tires, but simply to "abuse" them more rather than to double stint. It seems with very hard tires you can overdrive the car in rF2 and get away with it (like in most sims), but with normal tires you have to use them properly, if you want to make a stint without loosing your tires at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back