RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Daiman Patel , can you tell me if you setup and realroad on the current Imola server? it feels really green and i can't see us racing on such a green track,unless this combo is supposed to feel so ridiculously slippery:)
I can confirm that the server has been configured to use the AutoSave file for the RealRoad, and as far as I am aware it should work. Having just checked the .RRBIN file I would also say that rubber has definitely been building up. It's possible that the file may be corrupted, which can occasionally happen (if I receive any more reports then I'll delete the current file so that we can start afresh), or the track may be more slippery compared to others.

Has anybody else found the track to be more slippery than usual, or found that the RealRoad has been failing / slow to build up and increase the amount of rubber on track? Please keep me informed.

Ps. Regarding your PM, I shall sort this out at the weekend - I don't have much time at the moment.

I think the track just lacks the grip of others as i also find it to be a little bit more slippery than others.It's really not that bad you just can't corner as fast until a lot of rubber gets laid down.:)

I think the track just lacks the grip of others as i also find it to be a little bit more slippery than others.It's really not that bad you just can't corner as fast until a lot of rubber gets laid down.:)
yer all good it seemed to rubber up reasonalbly well after i laid down the laps:)

I can confirm that the server has been configured to use the AutoSave file for the RealRoad, and as far as I am aware it should work. Having just checked the .RRBIN file I would also say that rubber has definitely been building up. It's possible that the file may be corrupted, which can occasionally happen (if I receive any more reports then I'll delete the current file so that we can start afresh), or the track may be more slippery compared to others.

Has anybody else found the track to be more slippery than usual, or found that the RealRoad has been failing / slow to build up and increase the amount of rubber on track? Please keep me informed.

Ps. Regarding your PM, I shall sort this out at the weekend - I don't have much time at the moment.
I personally have loads of grip in the corvette

yer all good it seemed to rubber up reasonalbly well after i laid down the laps:)
I personally have loads of grip in the corvette
Thank you all for your feedback. :) So it sounds as though rubber is in fact building up, but it's just taking a while. With 4 weeks until the race there's still plenty of time for grip levels to increase. ;)

Do we have a download link for fast mod download?
Direct download links have been / will be provided (if necessary), but they will not guarantee "fast" downloads. These links are also the same as those used to retrieve missing components via GetMod, when you login to the server. The resources are served by Dropbox, therefore as Gijs has rightly said you will only really be limited by the speed of your network connection when downloading required mods.

IMPORTANT!

The RDLMS is proud to announce that v1.0 of the custom skin pack is now available. The component shall be automatically downloaded and installed when you login to any of the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS. If you experience any issues with downloading the resource via GetMod then you may also manually acquire the mod file - direct download links have been provided in the General Information thread, as well as the latest event thread (R0.5 - Test Race: Daytona). This pack contains all of the skin submissions that have been received and processed to date; the next version shall be released after the skin submission deadline on Friday 24th February. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all teams who have not yet submitted a skin that they must do so before this date (or to inform us via a PM if this shall not be possible, so that provisions can be made), else they will not be permitted to participate in Round 1 of the series.

In addition, v1.2 of the official RDLMS safety car has also been released. This can be obtained in the same way as the custom skin pack. The update contains a new livery, to be used throughout the series by all of the safety cars, and hopefully also resolves the Mesh 370z_wiper: Bone BONE03 could not be found in anim file WIPER.ANM error.

Finally, the server for Test Race 2 (Round 0.5), which shall take place at Daytona Road Course on Saturday 11th February, is now available for testing and training. To login you must use the same password as for the Round 1 server; please remember to never share this with anyone, else you will face a potential league and / or RaceDepartment ban. The track should be automatically downloaded and installed when you login, if you do not have it already, or it can be manually downloaded via the event thread.

We hope that as many of you as possible shall once again be able to join us for this preliminary race, as we ensure that preparations for the season have been completed, and look to see where further improvements can be made. Whilst there is no pressure for you to practice, since this will be a test event, we ask that participants at least familiarise themselves with the track, so that race control can monitor the software being used for the championship and conduct tests of their procedures without having to deal with major incidents as a result of inexperience or recklessness. Please also note that the Round 1 server shall continue to be available.

IMPORTANT!

The RDLMS is proud to announce that v1.0 of the custom skin pack is now available. The component shall be automatically downloaded and installed when you login to any of the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS. If you experience any issues with downloading the resource via GetMod then you may also manually acquire the mod file - direct download links have been provided in the General Information thread, as well as the latest event thread (R0.5 - Test Race: Daytona). This pack contains all of the skin submissions that have been received and processed to date; the next version shall be released after the skin submission deadline on Friday 24th February. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all teams who have not yet submitted a skin that they must do so before this date (or to inform us via a PM if this shall not be possible, so that provisions can be made), else they will not be permitted to participate in Round 1 of the series.

In addition, v1.2 of the official RDLMS safety car has also been released. This can be obtained in the same way as the custom skin pack. The update contains a new livery, to be used throughout the series by all of the safety cars, and hopefully also resolves the Mesh 370z_wiper: Bone BONE03 could not be found in anim file WIPER.ANM error.

Finally, the server for Test Race 2 (Round 0.5), which shall take place at Daytona Road Course on Saturday 11th February, is now available for testing and training. To login you must use the same password as for the Round 1 server; please remember to never share this with anyone, else you will face a potential league and / or RaceDepartment ban. The track should be automatically downloaded and installed when you login, if you do not have it already, or it can be manually downloaded via the event thread.

We hope that as many of you as possible shall once again be able to join us for this preliminary race, as we ensure that preparations for the season have been completed, and look to see where further improvements can be made. Whilst there is no pressure for you to practice, since this will be a test event, we ask that participants at least familiarise themselves with the track, so that race control can monitor the software being used for the championship and conduct tests of their procedures without having to deal with major incidents as a result of inexperience or recklessness. Please also note that the Round 1 server shall continue to be available.

Unless otherwise specified, teams are requested to field only one car for each of their licenses and use driver swaps to let multiple drivers have a taste. In case participation numbers are low, teams may enter multiple cars for this event.

Any decision on this one? Could we possibly have a sign up list to see how many cars will be taking part. We wouldn't mind entering an additional car or two in this race as it's only 2 hours.

I am getting some flickering on the Daytona track from the traffic cones at the pit exit. Also the banner before Turn 6 flashes black & white.

Hi Gentlemen, I'm Francesco Grasso, from Italy, I'd like to drive in the championship with P2 cars. I think I'm quite fast, consistant and motivated. If you want to see some laps that I did, take a look in Racedepartment liveracers, on both Imola and Daytona servers.
Thank you.
Francesco Grasso

P.S. this is the second time I present myself, I apologize for that, it's just to to add the liveracers link, as exemple of my driving, given that nobody knows me here.

I've downloaded tha cars and track manually from the Daytona test race thread and when trying to enter the "LMS 0.5" server, i'm getting a failed verification, any sugestion?
It appears as though the GetMod service is once again unavailable, so any missing components cannot be automatically acquired. Did you also download and install the safety car component? It sounds like you have only downloaded the custom car / skin pack and the track, but the RDLMS pace car has also received an update. :)

EDIT: quick heads up, the GetMod service is available again so any missing components will now be automatically downloaded and installed after logging in to any of the RaceDepartment servers. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It appears as though the GetMod service is once again unavailable, so any missing components cannot be automatically acquired. Did you also download and install the safety car component? It sounds like you have only downloaded the custom car / skin pack and the track, but the RDLMS pace car has also received an update. :)

EDIT: quick heads up, the GetMod service is available again so any missing components will be automatically downloaded and installed after logging in to any of the RaceDepartment servers. :thumbsup:

Yes, i forgot the safety car ;)
now it's all working :thumbsup:

I am getting some flickering on the Daytona track from the traffic cones at the pit exit. Also the banner before Turn 6 flashes black & white.
I believe this is due to z-indexes (this specifies whether an object should appear in front of or behind another object) being set "incorrectly", which results in track objects conflicting with (trying to display in front of) one another hence you see the flickering.

Without extensive work to determine correct indexes this issue cannot be easily or quickly resolved; unfortunately time is not a luxury that currently we have, but the track team shall do their best to reduce flickering that occurs at tracks which shall play host to events for this series. As there are only a few days before the event, and given that it is only a test race, no modifications or updates shall be applied to Daytona. However, it is possible that adjusting the track detail settings may help to alleviate the problem (or at least make the problem less apparent), as different levels of detail may result in objects being added and / or removed, and z-indexes set for any objects added to the scene could hide or potentially resolve the issue.

Sign-up List

Prototype

1. SpeedyMite Racing Alpha (Shawn Jacobs)
  2. SpeedyMite Racing Alpha (Shawn Jacobs)
  3. JCL Simracing (Damien Heslouis)
  4. RedShift Racing (Frank van Oeveren)
  5. World of SimRacing (Turu)
  6. SpeedyMite Racing (Otune)
  7. CBF Motorsport (Era)
  8. KRT Racing (Yokoinkopp)
  9. CBF Motorsport (iZodiaak)
  10. World of SimRacing (Turu)
  11. Roaring Pipes Maniacs (Chris Stacey)
  12. Team Sikania Endurance Motorsport (Roberto De Filippis)
  13. SimTech Racing (Max Melamed)
  14. Matheus Fonseca
  15. RedShift Racing (Frank van Oeveren)
  16. RedShift Racing (Frank van Oeveren)
  17. ...
GT
  1. Apex Eclipse (TTupsi)
  2. Martini Racing Team (Claudio Barrera)
  3. RedShift Racing (Daiman Patel)
  4. Racers in Pyjamas (Christian Moreau)
  5. Team-GTRM (Peter Hummel)
  6. Racing Club Endurance Team (praxtonio)
  7. RedShift Racing (Daiman Patel)
  8. Racers in Pyjamas (Jonas Hillert)
  9. Forian Wießer
  10. Team / Driver
  11. Team / Driver
  12. Team / Driver
  13. Team / Driver
  14. Team / Driver
  15. Team / Driver
  16. ...
CTP: 57 DP

Last edited:
Unless otherwise specified, teams are requested to field only one car for each of their licenses and use driver swaps to let multiple drivers have a taste. In case participation numbers are low, teams may enter multiple cars for this event.

Any decision on this one? Could we possibly have a sign up list to see how many cars will be taking part. We wouldn't mind entering an additional car or two in this race as it's only 2 hours.
I doubt that there will be enough participants to warrant a limit on the number of cars per team. And if anything I would say the more cars / entries the better - it will give us the opportunity to test the stability of the server under load. So please feel free to join the event with multiple cars. What we do need to ensure, however, is that driver swaps are working reliably during the race session (a few people have raised issues about this recently in a number of rFactor 2 leagues, not only at RaceDepartment), so if you could also test this in some way during the race that would be great! :)

In spite of this, I shall create a sign-up list in the event thread.

IMPORTANT!

If those who are participating in Saturday's test race could sign up in the event thread that would be helpful; it's not mandatory by any means, especially at such short notice, but it will help to give us a rough idea of numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%