RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
A related issue which does have an effect on others is during quali when drivers are continually leaving and entering the server. These slight pauses can be quite disconcerting when in a braking zone or at an apex and could potentially impact a quali result quite a lot. As there are a lot of cars on track and mixed classes some times it is difficult to get a clean run in quali and this added complication is not welcome.
Is it possible there can be some kind of restriction to this activity during quali?
We plan to update the league regulations to mandate that participants are on the server before the start of the qualifying session, and remain on the server for the duration of the session. They do not personally need to be at their machine, and they are free to minimise the game, but we will simply ask for them to not leave the server (unless it cannot be helped) due to the lag issues. This still needs to be discussed however, and a decision as to whether or not rejoining before the end of the qualifying session will be permitted if a driver does leave / suffers a disconnect during the session. We shall keep you updated as and when the rules are clarified and updated regarding this matter.

quicksilver384

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85
Unfortunately the rendering of .psd files can be a bit off when using GIMP, so it is possible that this wasn't helping your cause. However it is perfectly possible to export to .dds from GIMP - I have done it many times (provided I don't have access to Photoshop :p), using the following settings (importantly this, rather annoyingly, requires the layers to be flattened before exporting, else only the selected layer will be exported):

View attachment 169298

Regarding the parts of the car that you have highlighted, these can be coloured and appropriately designed by editing and using the EXTRABODY and EXTRABODY2 files that can also be found in the 'RDLMS_P2_Oreca03\2014\' directory; these are named #EXTRABODY_14.psd and #EXTRABODY2.psd, but please note that when exporting to .dds these should be named #EXTRABODY.dds and #EXTRABODY2.dds, respectively (note the omission of the '_14' from the first file name only). Replace # with your car number, and when testing remember to include 'alt' as part of your file name as usual; everything before EXTRABODY should match the name given to the main skin file. I hope that makes sense. :thumbsup:

I have had issues with converting with GIMP in the passed but not sure what game it is on and i can confirm that I use the same settings as in your screen shot. Thankyou.

everything is just about figured out now except the font and kerning ( i have no idea what this is or where the option is) for the car number. I do not have that font installed so I used Arial Bold which seemed to look the same.

Ricoow

Premium
I cannot setup the server yet unfortunately - the track is still undergoing some work / changes following the announcement of the sponsors, so once the updates have been completed, and the new version of the mod has been released then the server shall be made available. This is one of the reasons why the first round of the season has been pushed back by a couple of weeks - to give us the time to make necessary preparations and updates in relation to our partnership with Vesaro. We hope this shall be sorted by the weekend, or early next week at the latest, which will still give you plenty of time to test and practice for Round 1.

In the meantime we are also working to iron out the issues that were identified following the test race on Saturday.

We shall keep you updated with relevant information as and when it becomes available.
Alright thanks Daiman for your response :)

Hi, I'm looking for a team to have some fun racing.. I don't care what car or class as long I'm in a team that speaks either English or Russian and has good communication with the drivers over teamspeak or discord. I'm a good driver but honestly, i'm in it for some endurance fun.
I'm 33 years old and been racing sims for 15 years now...

Be sure to keep reporting performance when we get Imola out. We'd like to know if anything comes from your laps that is different from our testing behind the scenes. The best test is when you guys go out.
:thumbsup:

GRAB_001.JPG GRAB_002.JPG

Daiman Patel

Hoi Yuri
Heb jij al n team zonietg wil je er dan niet zelf eentje beginnen ,

grt Peter

update : ik heb team gevonden grt
Hi Peter. Just to remind you, only English should be used in the RaceDepartment public forums, as per the General Rules specified in the Terms of Service. Other languages are permitted may only be used in private conversations and for profile messages. :) Thanks.

What I recommend you is to do a fresh clean rf2 installation. I know that Marcel and other guys would say that it makes no differences whether you update the installation or do a clean one. But I can tell you from my own experience that a clean installation solved atleast the driver crashes for me. I tried both and as soon as I just updated from one build to an other it caused problems for me.

Talking about earlier builds and not the current one.

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
What I recommend you is to do a fresh clean rf2 installation. I know that Marcel and other guys would say that it makes no differences whether you update the installation or do a clean one. But I can tell you from my own experience that a clean installation solved atleast the driver crashes for me. I tried both and as soon as I just updated from one build to an other it caused problems for me.

Talking about earlier builds and not the current one.
I advice the same, if you are experiencing freezes, do a clean install!

It solves things up 99% of the time for me. Just wish I knew how to make two installations on Steam, one for testing purposes and another completely safe one:rolleyes:

Daiman Patel

IMPORTANT!

Calling all RDLMS participants!

The RDLMS track team is currently in the process of looking for volunteers to assist with the testing of tracks that shall be used for the league.

Every track on the calendar shall receive a number of updates to add anti-cut measures / speed bumps, appropriately amend advertisement boards and gantries, improve the positioning of garages and pit boxes (if necessary), and ultimately to bring each one in line with the quality expected of tracks intended for league use. For all of these updates that are made, we need to ensure each one has been implemented properly, and verify that something else has not been inadvertently affected or broken in the process.

And to guarantee that every inch of every track has been covered, with a fine-tooth comb, we require your help. We need you to help review speed bumps - check that each one is a collidable, and in a sensible location - and provide suggestions as to where others could be placed to prevent / deter cutting. We need you to check the build up of real-road, and the behaviour of cars in varying weather condition. We need you to check that there are no invisible walls, or other strange collisions / conflicts, and also check that garages and pit boxes are setup correctly. And finally, we need you to check that adverts and sponsor logos are displayed clearly.

To become a track tester is simple: please send a PM to @Daiman Patel, titled 'RDLMS Track Testing', expressing your desire to help out, and in turn I shall add you to the private conversation for track testing. Here you will find the password for the 'in development' server that shall setup to enable the testing of tracks. In addition, you shall be informed via this conversation each time a new track / new version of a track is made available for testing, at which point you shall need to uninstall any versions you currently have installed, before logging in to the server to automatically download and install the update.

All we ask in return, for "early access" to these "work in progress" versions of tracks, is the following:
  • Please provide feedback for each of the tracks, as they are made available for testing, in the private conversation for track testing
  • Do NOT share the password for the test server - you, and you alone, have been given privileged access to test versions of the tracks, so we would only expect you to access the server
  • Please do NOT publicly share the tracks, or other RaceDepartment resources for the RDLMS, as they are for league use only; distribution of these tracks is not / shall not be permitted, except by the developer and members of RDLMS staff for testing and the league. Anyone who is found to have shared / to be sharing these tracks shall be expelled from the league, and potentially banned from RaceDepartment
There is no limit on the number of testers, and I would say the more the merrier, but we shall allocate places on a first-come, first-served basis, and may have to turn some of you away if we are oversubscribed.

Thank you very much, and we hope that with your assistance the RDLMS will be able to bring you highly refined and polished tracks for an exciting, competitive, and hopefully excellent season of endurance racing.

Last edited:

Daiman Patel

Some news about Imola ?
We must start the training ...
Pretty sure that is the same track as the one on the racedepartment au server.
The official RaceDepartment LMS server, for Round 1, shall go live tomorrow with the base / original version of Imola, whilst the track team continues to work on the customised, league version of the component. As soon as the modified resource becomes available the server shall be updated accordingly - we hope this will be within the next week or two, depending on the outcome and results of testing. :thumbsup:

On the point of testing, we shall be holding another (unofficial) test race in 2 week's time to re-test some of the problematic issues that became apparent during the first test race - more information shall be made available very soon. :) Once again, attendance will not be mandatory but your participation shall be greatly appreciated. Also, you do not need to register to partake in the series itself to join this test race. Unlike the first test race, however, the duration of this upcoming test race shall be only 1 hour (unless people are interested in a longer race) so that we do not take up too much of your time. ;)

Daiman Patel

Couldn't he rejoin the race?
Even with 10 min to go, it's just nice to know if it works (for a test). ;)
Unfortunately, Daniel had a disconnect with about 30 minutes left in the race so that was it for us. :(
You should have been able to rejoin the race... :whistling: The feature was certainly enabled.

For future reference, rejoining shall be enabled and permitted during all RDLMS races. :thumbsup: The feature is known to work (fairly reliably of late - there were some issues in earlier builds), and the only requirement is that the driver who disconnected from the session must also be the one to rejoin. Please note, however, that rejoining is not possible if you ESC from the race session; a driver can only rejoin if they lose network connectivity (make of that what you will... ;)). I hope that helps. :)

Daiman Patel

Hi @Yoeri Gijsen
I was not able to connect to the race server for this race and have no idea why and hope you can possibly shed some light on this.
I have been running on the server all week, only this morning I have had connection to server issues.
I am able to connect and run on the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM AU #3 server without issue.

Thanks Sean
Below are screen images of the server messages that were given when trying to connect:
Connection%20error%201.png

Connection%20error%202.png

Connection%20error%203.png
Out of curiosity, did you happen to try reconnecting to the server after a full re-install, as we had suggested?

When the server for Round 1 is made available tomorrow, be sure to let us know if the problem occurs again (at any time) and we shall do our best to help you diagnose and hopefully resolve the issue. :thumbsup:

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
You should have been able to rejoin the race... :whistling: The feature was certainly enabled.

For future reference, rejoining shall be enabled and permitted during all RDLMS races. :thumbsup: The feature is known to work (fairly reliably of late - there were some issues in earlier builds), and the only requirement is that the driver who disconnected from the session must also be the one to rejoin. Please note, however, that rejoining is not possible if you ESC from the race session; a driver can only rejoin if they lose network connectivity (make of that what you will... ;)). I hope that helps. :)
Thanks for the heads up Daiman! We'll make sure to do that if ever we have disconnects in the future. :thumbsup:

Daiman Patel

Hi all,

I would like to begin with an apology, first for taking so long to reply to this thread following the test race (time has not been on my side - I have had a busy week), and also for the issues that marred the test event. I promise that we shall iron out as many of these problems as possible over the next couple of weeks.

Now I would like to say a big thank you to those who took part in the test race. You have all helped us to learn a lot, and without you it would not have been possible for us to identify the issues that we shall now work to resolve in time for the start of the season. I would also like to take this opportunity to extend the thanks to both @Dennis and @Davy Vandevenne who were helping out behind the scenes last Saturday night.

Next I would like to thank you for all of your comments & feedback - they are much appreciated. As much as I would like to respond to each of them individually, I'm sure you will understand this will take an incredibly long time. Nevertheless, please be assured that I have been through all of the posts, following the test race, and have taken on board the suggestions and issues that have been raised.

As I have said, we shall do our utmost over the coming weeks to resolve known problems and ensure that everything is ready in time for the start of the season. As the saying goes, the proof is (or will be, in this case) in the pudding!

On this note, we shall be holding another (unofficial) test race in 2 week's time to re-test some of the issues that became apparent during the first test race - more information shall be made available very soon. :) Once again, attendance will not be mandatory but your participation shall be greatly appreciated. Also, you do not need to register for the series itself in order to join this test race. Unlike the first test race, however, the duration of this upcoming test race shall be only 1 hour (unless people are interested in a longer race) so that we do not end up taking up too much of your time. ;)

Finally, just to inform you, the official RaceDepartment LMS server, for Round 1, shall go live tomorrow with the base / original version of Imola, whilst the track team continues to work on the customised, league version of the component. As soon as the modified resource becomes available the server shall be updated accordingly - we hope this will be within the next week or two, depending on the responses received and final verdict from testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000