RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
@Yoeri Gijsen I have been having a play with the template and it does not appear correct. All I have changed is the base color of the template and the red should not be in it (except for the lighter red in the front wing) It looks to me as if the template is not centred or something.

nissana450b.png

the template used was "\RDLMS_P2_Oreca03\2014"
@Daiman Patel, can you shed light on this?
Seems like a user mistake. I Used the template without any problems. Maybe some of the stuff was moved by accident.
As Ricardo has said, this appears to be a client-side issue either with the layers or the generation of the .dds file - something has definitely moved, which is apparent as the number plate is slightly to one side. Could you please confirm whether or not the purple colour is correct, as it also almost appears as though a channel might be set incorrectly - I might be wrong about this though.

Please check here to ensure that you are using the correct settings when exporting to .dds, and verify that the resolution of the file you have generated is 2048 x 2048 pixels. Out of curiosity, are you using Photoshop, GIMP or something else to design and export your skin?

If you are still experiencing issues then please feel free to send me the current version of your skin file, either in .psd or .xcf format, and I shall take a look at what may be going wrong.

Daiman Patel

hi..the server for bahrain is still on but password doesnt work. any ideas why not?thanks
The server is currently being used for internal testing, with AI, whilst I attempt to resolve some of the technical issues that we experienced the other day, during the test race. Therefore I have changed the password for the time being. Apologies for the inconvenience. I hope to get the server back up and running again very soon - hopefully by tomorrow evening, provided that I can do some testing and finish responding to feedback before then.

The server is currently being used for internal testing, with AI, whilst I attempt to resolve some of the technical issues that we experienced the other day, during the test race. Therefore I have changed the password for the time being. Apologies for the inconvenience. I hope to get the server back up and running again very soon - hopefully by tomorrow evening, provided that I can do some testing and finish responding to feedback before then.
Thanks for ur hard work! U do know there was a freeze on lap 14 of gt race? It happened to me and i saw matt horst teleport backwards on the replay too.
Cheers

Daiman Patel

Thanks for ur hard work! U do know there was a freeze on lap 14 of gt race? It happened to me and i saw matt horst teleport backwards on the replay too.
Cheers
Not a problem Andrew. It's all part of ensuring that this league runs as smoothly as it can; I'm trying to leave as few stones as possible unturned. :D

I was aware of the lag incident, but thank you for clarifying the lap on which it occurred. We can check to see what else may have been going on at the same time, and maybe this will help to identity the cause. Was this the only such instance of a major lag?

Not a problem Andrew. It's all part of ensuring that this league runs as smoothly as it can; I'm trying to leave as few stones as possible unturned. :D

I was aware of the lag incident, but thank you for clarifying the lap on which it occurred. We can check to see what else may have been going on at the same time, and maybe this will help to identity the cause. Was this the only such instance of a major lag?

Yes it was for me thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

quicksilver384

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85
As Ricardo has said, this appears to be a client-side issue either with the layers or the generation of the .dds file - something has definitely moved, which is apparent as the number plate is slightly to one side. Could you please confirm whether or not the purple colour is correct, as it also almost appears as though a channel might be set incorrectly - I might be wrong about this though.

Please check here to ensure that you are using the correct settings when exporting to .dds, and verify that the resolution of the file you have generated is 2048 x 2048 pixels. Out of curiosity, are you using Photoshop, GIMP or something else to design and export your skin?

If you are still experiencing issues then please feel free to send me the current version of your skin file, either in .psd or .xcf format, and I shall take a look at what may be going wrong.

Ok so I think it maybe GIMP that is the problem here as I I checked everything else and was still off centre. I just made a simple gradient skin in Photoshop and showed up pretty much fine.

So as I have zero clue on how to use Photoshop except for converting images, I opened the same skins as last night (from a .psd save) with no other changes and converted it in Photoshop and it is pretty much perfect.

There is however a couple of red bits still showing which I have marked with circles.

2nissana450b.png

So my conclusion is that the skin can be made in GIMP but you MUST use something else (Photoshop) to convert to DDS

The skin should be the purple body with the light red front wing and the green accent around the nose.

all the parts in the circles should not be showing red.

Thanks.

Daiman Patel

Can the server be set up for practicing R1?
I cannot setup the server yet unfortunately - the track is still undergoing some work / changes following the announcement of the sponsors, so once the updates have been completed, and the new version of the mod has been released then the server shall be made available. This is one of the reasons why the first round of the season has been pushed back by a couple of weeks - to give us the time to make necessary preparations and updates in relation to our partnership with Vesaro. We hope this shall be sorted by the weekend, or early next week at the latest, which will still give you plenty of time to test and practice for Round 1.

In the meantime we are also working to iron out the issues that were identified following the test race on Saturday.

We shall keep you updated with relevant information as and when it becomes available.

Last edited:
Looking for a GT car drive

Finished P2 LMP1 in the last rF2 endurance league here (RD VSC2) and racing for revolution racing in the Virtual Endurance series LMP1.

Won the enduracers clubrace in both lmp2 and gt category

Oh also did the race of champions and I think I got 3rd.

Hoi Yuri
Heb jij al n team zonietg wil je er dan niet zelf eentje beginnen ,

grt Peter

update : ik heb team gevonden grt

Last edited:

Ricardo Edelmann

Lights out, Spot on!
Ok so I think it maybe GIMP that is the problem here as I I checked everything else and was still off centre. I just made a simple gradient skin in Photoshop and showed up pretty much fine.

So as I have zero clue on how to use Photoshop except for converting images, I opened the same skins as last night (from a .psd save) with no other changes and converted it in Photoshop and it is pretty much perfect.

There is however a couple of red bits still showing which I have marked with circles.

2nissana450b.png

So my conclusion is that the skin can be made in GIMP but you MUST use something else (Photoshop) to convert to DDS

The skin should be the purple body with the light red front wing and the green accent around the nose.

Thanks.

These Parts are painted in the #EXTRABODY on the Oreca. You need to edit this file for those parts no the car.

Cheers
Ricardo

Jamie

APIA RACING
During a practice session: When some one joins/leaves: their car gets loaded/unloaded on your PC's RAM and syncs. This causes a little freeze.
Unless all avaible cars, etc... are preloaded to the server and your system, it's unavoidable.

During a race session the cars stay on the server/garage for a rejoin. And stay loaded on your PC's. You won't have those freezes during the race.

The freeze is basicly loading the new car to your RAM. (If you have rF2 in windowed mode: you can see this happening in the windows task manager)
Same thing happens when click on add/boot an AI in single player mode.

BTW: If you have fast RAM the freeze is minimal.
Gijs, I knew you would be able to give us a comprehensive answer. :D I wasn't aware that the problem is ultimately caused by loading and unloading the cars from RAM, and would not have expected there to be such an immediate high load on the RAM to cause a (prominent) freeze. However it does make sense, and as you say the problem is just as apparent when adding and removing AI from the game. Thank you very much for your clarification and explanation. :thumbsup:
A related issue which does have an effect on others is during quali when drivers are continually leaving and entering the server. These slight pauses can be quite disconcerting when in a braking zone or at an apex and could potentially impact a quali result quite a lot. As there are a lot of cars on track and mixed classes some times it is difficult to get a clean run in quali and this added complication is not welcome.
Is it possible there can be some kind of restriction to this activity during quali?

Daiman Patel

2nissana450b.png

Thanks.
Unfortunately the rendering of .psd files can be a bit off when using GIMP, so it is possible that this wasn't helping your cause. However it is perfectly possible to export to .dds from GIMP - I have done it many times (provided I don't have access to Photoshop :p), using the following settings (importantly this, rather annoyingly, requires the layers to be flattened before exporting, else only the selected layer will be exported):

GIMP - Export to DDS.png

Regarding the parts of the car that you have highlighted, these can be coloured and appropriately designed by editing and using the EXTRABODY and EXTRABODY2 files that can also be found in the 'RDLMS_P2_Oreca03\2014\' directory; these are named #EXTRABODY_14.psd and #EXTRABODY2.psd, but please note that when exporting to .dds these should be named #EXTRABODY.dds and #EXTRABODY2.dds, respectively (note the omission of the '_14' from the first file name only). Replace # with your car number, and when testing remember to include 'alt' as part of your file name as usual; everything before EXTRABODY should match the name given to the main skin file. I hope that makes sense. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.7%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 40 8.7%
  • €1501-3000