RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Good to see so many teams on the grid for the test race and in here afterwards to provide feedback. That's always helpful!

Be sure to keep reporting performance when we get Imola out. We'd like to know if anything comes from your laps that is different from our testing behind the scenes. The best test is when you guys go out.

As for on-track behavior. The test race was in many ways a first time: first time with these opponents, first time racing with these cars, first time operating under RDLMS procedures, etc. That may have caused some unease. For the next event, though, try to keep the priorities straight. There is no need to any risks or gambles in lap 1 or even hour 1. I can tell from experience that driving for 5 hours knowing that you are not going to win much anymore due to heavy damage early on, is really disheartening. You want to stay as competitive as you can be throughout a race. Ironically, that means taking it easy.

Dan Long

2018 RD GPC Champion - #3 RiP
Thanks for putting this on yesterday, our GTE entry had issues with driver swaps (for some reason RF2 seems a little hit and miss at times with it), with the CP driver taking over after the driver swap didn't work (ehh!?)

That said, I really enjoyed it, my pace was really good and I hope I didn't cause too many issues for the P2 guys overlapping. I must however say that some people need to be a little more careful when overlapping - there's only so much room when divebombing into hairpins and whilst I understand it's likely to lose time when being lapped, I noted a few times that some guys didn't have the patience to wait until past corner apex/exit and almost collide into a GT car (not my own). Things at Imola will be even harder, thankfully Bahrain is fairly wide, Imola on the otherhand... :D

Thanks to organisers. Was a lot of fun and learned a lot in terms of strategy.

Mostly very fair driving. One or two dive bombs from lmp1 drivers...one of them was so fast it appeared i did a hamilton esque cutback vs rosberg.
It happened so fast i didnt have time to get shocked!

Non driving issues: massive lag midway thru stint where screen froze for about 3 seconds. Somehow i ended up on a different side of the track ???!! And lap recorded as 9 seconds slower. Maybe i will cancel replay recording?
Also? Handed over to my teammate and he didnt gain control straiggt away then car spun.

I have seen this weird driver swap issue where an ai takes over before so not sure what causes that. On this occasion it was more a delay of about 10 seconds.

Thanks again. Lots of fun and nice close fair racing on the whole

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
Was just watching jimmy broadbents youtube channel. He had a freeze and lost 4 seconds. Maybe a well known rf2 problem?never had it before tho.
I don't play rF2 as much as some of you so maybe I'm wrong but this seems to be a recurring issue when someone joins the server causing a momentary desync while that player loads in. It was quite annoying in qualifying yesterday and ruined one of my good laps. :(

I don't think there's much we can do about it.

Jeremy Talbot

SpeedyMite Racing
I had a 3 or 4 second freeze as well about 20 minutes from the start. I've had a few stutters etc before but not a full freeze. Fortunately I was on a straight so nothing drastic happened apart from me squealing like a little girl thinking my game had crashed :D

Tony

APIA RACING
Was just watching jimmy broadbents youtube channel. He had a freeze and lost 4 seconds. Maybe a well known rf2 problem?never had it before tho.
Are all you guys with the long freezes on gtx9xx series cards by any chance and was there a night time transition in this race?

I don't play rF2 as much as some of you so maybe I'm wrong but this seems to be a recurring issue when someone joins the server causing a momentary desync while that player loads in. It was quite annoying in qualifying yesterday and ruined one of my good laps. :(

I don't think there's much we can do about it.[/QUOTE
You are right that that is a common problem. However this freeze was not related to people entering server as i looked for the names. Maybe if i find the lap the organisers can check the server but probably a game fault

Tony

APIA RACING
Is there a reason what the practice session is not on one of the tracks we are going to actually race on.?
The tracks are all known already so anyone can practice offline as much as they like so there is no disadvantage to anyone. I would be rotating the practice tracks every few days on the server to find any issues prior to racing on them.

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
About the framerate: 106fps locked with about 70%GPU usage at worst. My settings are the same as shown in the rF2 FAQ, haven't changed nothing from there.

Regarding driving standards, I haven't had much of an issue, as I could see most of the mistakes coming. Obviously experience helped me there:D.
General pointers would go to same class lapping, DON'T brake in the racing line with the faster car coming behind you, it can cause serious trouble if there isn't a proper distance to avoid. Just don't make our overtake move hard and it should be enough. And also to some hesitation by P2s. Pick your points and know where you are much faster (tip: not on short straights), and do it. Even outside a corner and late braking can work depending on the corner.
It should work itself out as the drivers gain more experience. Watching some onboards from real life P2s and GTs, as well as some VEC drivers onboards (NOT LMP1s, those are way too OP against other classes in straights).

Also, I think the only way to stop people from leaving and rejoining is assigning some sort of a penalty if done excessively. Sure some issues can't always be solved with one login, if it is repeating through rounds and the issue can't be solved it is certainly something that can be sensibly penalized.

Everything is shaping up for a nice season:)

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
Maybe a well known rf2 problem?never had it before tho.
Are all you guys with the long freezes on gtx9xx series cards by any chance and was there a night time transition in this race?
I don't play rF2 as much as some of you so maybe I'm wrong but this seems to be a recurring issue when someone joins the server causing a momentary desync while that player loads in.
From what I've read + my experience with single screens and a GTX 970.

The freezes when someone joins the server are completely unrelated to joining, it started happening after build 1098 on some point during a long online race, I get no CPU or GPU spikes in the render bar (ctrl+c) like I use to get when there is a problem.

Last season at VEC I suffered from serious CPU stuttering from the point the server switches sessions, the purple bar would stay full for some seconds and it only increased over time. A computer restart and everything was back to normal. Changing a line in the json file also got rid of it, but I lost all the overlays (DELAY VIDEO SWAP = 1, instead of 0).
I've done a fresh install to try to fix it and they were completely gone, never had them in the races I've done so far.

Also, if you haven't already use the workaround flags value introduced in 1108 if you have a 9xx card. Never had a driver crash again.

The only freeze I had in this race was that big one (when everyone had it) and some really small GPU delays (which just slowed the framerates, no teleporting involved).

quicksilver384

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85
@Yoeri Gijsen I have been having a play with the template and it does not appear correct. All I have changed is the base color of the template and the red should not be in it (except for the lighter red in the front wing) It looks to me as if the template is not centred or something.

nissana450b.png

the template used was "\RDLMS_P2_Oreca03\2014"

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500