RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you you @Yoeri Gijsen and @Daiman Patel for organizing the test race. Unfortunately, Daniel had a disconnect with about 30 minutes left in the race so that was it for us. :(

However, we got a lot of great experience from this and will be prepared for Round 1. :thumbsup:

We gave the hard compound a go to see how one pit stop would work out but I believe everybody else was running the mediums seeing as we could do nothing to defend apart from capitalize on the mistakes of others. We'll have to do more testing with the tyre compounds to see what works best.

Last edited:
Hi @Yoeri Gijsen
I was not able to connect to the race server for this race and have no idea why and hope you can possibly shed some light on this.
I have been running on the server all week, only this morning I have had connection to server issues.
I am able to connect and run on the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM AU #3 server without issue.

Thanks Sean
Below are screen images of the server messages that were given when trying to connect:
Connection%20error%201.png

Connection%20error%202.png

Connection%20error%203.png

What can I say....
2 huge problems during the race
First, a huge freeze just before the last corner after only 20 minutes:
-I went onto the wall and lost 50 seconds pitting for the damages
And then, 50 minutes after the beginning of the race, got a problem with rFactor 2 (it closed and went back to desktop), and that caused the DNF
I dont really know where it's coming from, because I set all my graphics settings on low just before the race

Otherwise, nice event ;)

Thank you you @Yoeri Gijsen and @Daiman Patel for organizing the test race. Unfortunately, Daniel had a disconnect with about 30 minutes left in the race so that was it for us. :(

However, we got a lot of great experience from this and will be prepared for Round 1. :thumbsup:

We gave the hard compound a go to see how one pit stop would work out but I believe everybody else was running the mediums seeing as we could do nothing to defend apart from capitalize on the mistakes of others. We'll have to do more testing with the tyre compounds to see what works best.
It's important to know that when you rejoin you need to:
1) let the driver that disconnected rejoing
2) reboot the PC.

It's important to know that when you rejoin you need to:
1) let the driver that disconnected rejoing
2) reboot the PC.
Thanks Yoeri. :thumbsup: Hopefully the disconnect won't happen again. All of us usually have very stable connections, it's just so happened Daniel was having some issues today. Regardless, we had an interesting and eventful race battling with the Redshift ESR and a green Corvette (forgot the team name) for most of it. We learned a lot and we'll be ready for Round 1. :sneaky:

Two main issues with this test race.

Technical issues included lag or small freezes and one or two big ones with some cars disapering and then reappearing.This happened once approaching turn one with a P2 car,It was a fair distance away and disapered and the n reappeared right in front of me causing contact.Also on my first pitstop i did not see my pitbox.It's possible i missed it so can't be 100% sure it weren't there.It was getting dark so maybe that obscured it a bit.We had two of the same GTE cars on track at the time (RedShift).

Driving standards were not the best from what i saw.I won't name names or call anybody out but there were a number of instances were P2's and GTE's were dive bombing into corners trying to pull of a miracle overtake.Its especially stupid to try to make up five positions on turn 1 lap1 in a race of any significant length,or really any race length for that matter.It's one thing to battle for position but there is no need to bomb into a corner and crash into a guy because you lost a position a couple turns before and you think you must take it back right away at any cost.I think if race craft don't improve a number if drivers may be done after the first one or two rounds witch would be a shame.The organizers work to hard for this to happen.

Last edited:
Fortunately I didn't see any of that but one thing I'll add if I may is that in the quali sessions can people refrain from exiting and entering the game. It kept causing the small freezes that it usually does and it's really off-putting when you're trying your hardest to put in a good lap. Quite often it'd happen to me while braking for turn 1, most annoying!

Other than that it was a lot of fun and very well organised, cheers guys!

Also on my first pitstop i did not see my pitbox.It's possible i missed it so can't be 100% sure it weren't there.It was getting dark so maybe that obscured it a bit.
Just wondering - were you using the pit strategy settings in the car setup options to automatically call your pitstop? I ask because I used this last week in a race elsewhere (I don't normally use this) and my pit box was missing. It might be a bug to do with those automatic stops, because every pit stop I've called manually has had a pit box.

Thanks for organizing guys!:thumbsup:
I had no issues besides small lags in the beginning (and my bad driving :ninja:).
Also, as already mentioned it would be great if people would not connect&disconnect during the Quali.

Just wondering - were you using the pit strategy settings in the car setup options to automatically call your pitstop? I ask because I used this last week in a race elsewhere (I don't normally use this) and my pit box was missing. It might be a bug to do with those automatic stops, because every pit stop I've called manually has had a pit box.
Yes i did have a second stop set up in the setup.Must be the problem then.

Ok i watched the replay and one or two incidents weren't quite what i thought they were.Still though i saw some ill advised moves from P2's,a lot of them in the hairpin.And yeah that was a crazy battle for a wile between the RedShift,TXL and RIP GTE cars.:thumbsup:

Ok i watched the replay and one or two incidents weren't quite what i thought they were.Still though i saw some ill advised moves from P2's,a lot of them in the hairpin.And yeah that was a crazy battle for a wile between the RedShift,TXL and RIP GTE cars.:thumbsup:
Great racing Matt! :thumbsup: Unfortunately, I lost it in the hairpin at one point and while I was trying to regain control, I cut you off. I made sure to give you the position back on the back straight since it wasn't the cleanest of overtakes. Ken Block would've been proud though. :D

Quick question, don't feel forced to answer though. Were you guys running the medium compound? We were running the hard compound to try and wait some of you guys out, but obviously it didn't go according to plan. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back