RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic but has everyone seen the development news? RF2 is looking in good shape. The port to DX11 is going well (and looks so much better for it), new user interface and lots of detail changes.

Not sure how much more strain it will put on our systems but exciting times ahead :thumbsup:

Hi, is it possible to register a new team for round 1 before sunday 22 ? We are very busy this week, and we can do the register Monday or thusday.

Thanks a lot.
I'm glad to hear that you and your team would like to register to partake in the RDLMS.

The entry deadline for Round 1 is Sunday 22nd January, and we are unable to extend this, but the actual process of signing up will take no longer than 5 minutes. Be aware that you do not need to commit to a driver line up now; changes can be made to your list of named drivers at any time up to 24 hours before the next event on the calendar.

The entry form can be found here, and as I say it will not take very long to complete. :thumbsup: We hope to see you on track.

I'm glad to hear that you and your team would like to register to partake in the RDLMS.

The entry deadline for Round 1 is Sunday 22nd January, and we are unable to extend this, but the actual process of signing up will take no longer than 5 minutes. Be aware that you do not need to commit to a driver line up now; changes can be made to your list of named drivers at any time up to 24 hours before the next event on the calendar.

The entry form can be found here, and as I say it will not take very long to complete. :thumbsup: We hope to see you on track.

It's done ;)

I know this is slightly off topic but I noticed this when I was doing some running tonight...

A little note for fellow RF2 users, I've been reading the development news for January.

Really interesting developments, the biggest being the port to DX11 and a complete rewrite of the user interface. The visuals are so much better than before so looking forward to this. When you launch the application the news is at the top of the information panel. Screen shots and lots of detail. Exciting times ahead :thumbsup::)

How this will effect users of middle of the road (no pun intended) pc hardware users I don't know. RF2 puts quite a lot of strain on the hardware as it is.
I understand DX11 makes more efficient use of system hardware components and thus will perform better on the same system.
*edit* or this could be dx12 ....:)

Last edited:
I understand DX11 makes more efficient use of system hardware components and thus will perform better on the same system.
That should certainly be the case, as far as I am aware. We've just got to hope that the execution is decent to make the most of efficiencies that may be gained from the upgrade to DX11; I've got every faith in Studio 397 to do this properly. :D

I noticed that I am getting lag and frame drops when someone connects (maybe also when they disconnect) to the server.
Unfortunately this is "normal" - it's a known issue in rFactor 2, and has been a problem for quite some time now. We have still been unable to determine the exact cause, but hope that Studio 397 will investigate and hopefully resolve this annoyance in the near future. We know when it occurs, and we have an idea as to why it occurs but we can't say for certain... :unsure:

Thankfully this should not be a problem during a race session as all cars will already have been loaded in to the game, even if there is a disconnect.

I noticed that I am getting lag and frame drops when someone connects (maybe also when they disconnect) to the server.
We have still been unable to determine the exact cause
During a practice session: When some one joins/leaves: their car gets loaded/unloaded on your PC's RAM and syncs. This causes a little freeze.
Unless all avaible cars, etc... are preloaded to the server and your system, it's unavoidable.

During a race session the cars stay on the server/garage for a rejoin. And stay loaded on your PC's. You won't have those freezes during the race.

The freeze is basicly loading the new car to your RAM. (If you have rF2 in windowed mode: you can see this happening in the windows task manager)
Same thing happens when click on add/boot an AI in single player mode.

BTW: If you have fast RAM the freeze is minimal.

Update - January 21, 2017
  • Round 1 has been moved two weeks down the line to March 4, 2017
  • Deadlines for Round 1 have also been moved by up to four weeks
  • Deadlines for Round 2 have been moved by two weeks
Please check here to see new deadlines and dates.

These changes have been made to allow staff members to implement necessary changes in light of the news regarding our new sponsor, and also to give more teams the opportunity to sign up before the start of the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline