RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I try to download via server I get TCP failed after a few minutes. It was okay before?
This is an issue with downloading resources via GetMod, specifically from Dropbox in this case. Unfortunately the occurrence of this problem does not seem to be deterministic, and it could affect anyone regardless of whether or not you have experienced it before.

The safety car has been updated, so I guess rF2 is trying to download this when you attempt to access the server. You can manually download the latest version of the component from here, and install it yourself via the launcher, before logging in to the server again. This will hopefully resolve the problem. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you continue to experience this problem please let me know.

Last edited:
Yes, I noticed. My apologies, but unfortunately there is not much I can do about this as the lap time was not written to the rF2 result XML file on the server. To remove all of the AI data it was easier and quicker to reset the database rather than attempt to find and delete individual records. As there are no plans to repeat the data reset this will not happen again.

I'll see what I can do about recovering lost lap times.

No problem ;)
I Will try to do better :p

Not sure if it could help you, but Yohann's time is still on liveracers
I actually have all of the data already, but I just need to determine the easiest way in which to insert it in to the database (I'll need to write a SQL script that can insert existing records, but will need to ensure that it does not adversely affect the data that is currently in the database). :thumbsup:

This might be more trouble than it is worth though. I know exactly how to write SQL scripts - I practically do it on a daily basis, as part of my job - but my knowledge of the schema used by the live timing software is limited (analysing this would take a little bit of time, even before I start writing the script), and I don't have that much spare / extra time on my hands. Answering queries and responding to issues is already taking up vast amounts of time, including at work and during the evenings, so I don't really have the capacity for yet another potentially sizeable task. :unsure:

No problem ;)
I Will try to do better :p
That's the spirit! :D I will see what I can do anyway, but it might not be until tomorrow, or maybe Friday.

Last edited:
I actually have all of the data already, but I just need to determine the easiest way in which to insert it in to the database (I'll need to write a SQL script that can insert existing records, but will need to ensure that it does not adversely affect the data that is currently in the database). :thumbsup:

This might be more trouble than it is worth though. I know exactly how to write SQL scripts - I practically do it on a daily basis - but my knowledge of the schema used by the live timing software is limited (analysing this would take a little bit of time, even before I start writing the script), and I don't have that much time on my hands. Answering queries and responding to issues is already taking up vast amounts of time, including at work and during the evenings. :unsure:

That's the spirit! :D I will see what I can do anyway, but it might not be until tomorrow, or maybe Friday.
Bah i dont think you should waste your time, those times are pointless. different tyres, setups,conditions,grips.
They are just a reference:)

I have realised the mistake that I made the other day, when trying to set the RD Nissan 370z pace car as the safety car at the end of the pit lane. :laugh: I had already made the necessary correction on Monday evening, but did not get the chance to apply it until this morning due to work and the fact that there are always drivers on the server. :whistling: Would you (or anyone else for that matter) be able to confirm whether or not the correct car is now visible, in place of the irritating, yellow Clio? Apologies for the horrendous looking skin, assuming you can see the car... we shall get this sorted in time for Round 1. :D
@Shawn Jacobs, please ignore the above reply regarding safety cars - I honestly believe that I'm slowly, but surely, losing the plot! :O_o: I have updated the .rFm file so that there is no longer an AI safety car - I decided it would be best to remove it completely to prevent any chance of it being unexpectedly deployed during the race - therefore there is actually no longer a safety car at the end of the pit lane…

Apologies for any confusion! :unsure:

Bah i dont think you should waste your time, those times are pointless. different tyres, setups,conditions,grips.
They are just a reference:)
Thank you for being so understanding! :)

And you are right, the fastest lap times only really act as a reference when preparing for a race; they have no bearing on the event itself, and they can be misleading. Furthermore, in this case the lap times will only be relevant up until the upcoming race, which takes place at the weekend, as the table will be automatically reset after the event in preparation for the next round (when the server goes up with a new name and .rfmod). ;)

therefore there is actually no longer a safety car at the end of the pit lane…
Thanks for the notice tho. I'm just coming out of the server and felt stupid because I had not checked what the pacecar looked like at the pit exit! Now I understand why I did not see it! :roflmao:

And thank you for all your time. Tony is right, no need to spend time on retrieving soon-to-be-outdated times...

When the test race tomorrow will be held ?
My intention is to hold a series of mini test events from around 19:30 GMT - there may be one or more, depending on the success of each test, so each race will last for around 20 minutes (or a little more, provided all goes well) to give us the opportunity to verify that the live timing software is running correctly, and to ensure that the live weather plugin works as intended, etc. :) This will ultimately be in preparation for the actual test race on Saturday evening.

I wanted to warn you that for the race on Saturday the Sikania Endurance team will not be present because busy with the drivers De Filippis, Scalet and Pizzo in six hours of Sebring in VLMs league already planned for some time.
We apologize to the organizer and guarantee the presence in the upcoming league games.
Thank you
Roberto De Filippis.

I wanted to warn you that for the race on Saturday the Sikania Endurance team will not be present because busy with the drivers De Filippis, Scalet and Pizzo in six hours of Sebring in VLMs league already planned for some time.
We apologize to the organizer and guarantee the presence in the upcoming league games.
Thank you
Roberto De Filippis.
This is not a problem as the event is not mandatory, but thank you for letting us know anyway Roberto. :)

Last edited:
I noticed that I am getting lag and frame drops when someone connects (maybe also when they disconnect) to the server.

I know this is slightly off topic but I noticed this when I was doing some running tonight...

A little note for fellow RF2 users, I've been reading the development news for January.

Really interesting developments, the biggest being the port to DX11 and a complete rewrite of the user interface. The visuals are so much better than before so looking forward to this. When you launch the application the news is at the top of the information panel. Screen shots and lots of detail. Exciting times ahead :thumbsup::)

How this will effect users of middle of the road (no pun intended) pc hardware users I don't know. RF2 puts quite a lot of strain on the hardware as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back