• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

RDLMS S7 by Vesaro | Round 2 | Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone

Discussion in 'RD Le Mans Series by Vesaro' started by Frank, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Added to Calendar: 13-05-17
  1. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +899
    RaceDepartment Le Mans Series Season 7 by Vesaro (2017)
    Round 2 | Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone
    May 13th, 2017

Silverstone11WingPits.448267d9150f9ed008d802be04ee4a6a.png

Session Timetable
    • 10:55 | Race server reboot
    • 11:00 | Official practice & Briefing (no duplicate cars allowed from this point on)
    • 11:40 | GT qualifying (30 minutes)
    • 12:10 | Qualifying switch-over (5 minutes)
    • 12:15 | Prototype qualifying (30 minutes)
    • 12:45 | Warm-up
    • 13:00 | Race start [Saturday 13th May] (in-game: 13:00 / 1PM)
    • 19:00 | Race ends [Saturday 13th May] (in-game: 19:00 / 7PM)
    All times are posted in GMT.

Server Details
    Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R2
    Password: Click here
    Track: Silverstone (v1.02)
    Cars: EnduRacers Endurance Series (v2.0) (alt. link: v2.0)
    Safety car: RD Safety Car - Nissan 370z (v1.2)

Live timing: HERE

Weather data & forecast: HERE

Steward Notes
    • Please review the latest additions to the regulations before joining.
    • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can be found there too.
    Safety-first Zones

The following diagram indicates the location of Safety-first Zones for Round 2, the Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Silverstone:
    Silverstone-zoned.png

The yellow zone, which shall be in effect during the first lap following a start or restart, shall commence along the start / finish straight and end at the exit of Chapel / entry to the Hangar Straight.

The orange zones, of which there are 4, shall be enforced for the duration of the race, and are positioned as follows:
    • Starting at the entry of Village, and ending at the exit of The Loop
    • Starting at the entrance to Brooklands, and ending at the exit of Luffield
    • Starting at the entry of Maggots, through Becketts, and ending at the exit of Chapel
    • Vale
    Please refer to the image at the top of this post for corner names.

For those unable to easily distinguish the yellow zone from the orange zones, the yellow zone colour has been switched to blue in the track diagram below. Please click on the thumbnail to expand the image.
    Silverstone-zoned-accessible.png

Pit Entry Positioning

For the race at Silverstone, we recommend that any cars intending to enter the pits should stay as far right (towards the inside of the track) as possible when exiting Stowe. Any cars looking to overtake should do so around the outside / left side of the track, as the pit entry lane is approached.

Physical Driver Swap Penalty Position

Following a physical driver swap, the new driver is expected to drive to the end of the pit-lane and stop for 5 seconds (the time for an in-game driver swap) to account for any time that could be gained. Race Control should be informed when a swap is due to be performed so that a steward can be sent to oversee the pit-stop and ensure that the 5 second "penalty" is served. Please refer to the attached images ('Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box #.JPG') which show where the driver is expected to stop the car after a physical driver swap has been performed.

This thread may be subject to changes. Please review regularly.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,115
    IMPORTANT!

The server for Round 2 - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R2 - is now available for testing and training; live timing and live weather have been enabled. Once again I have also set up the server for dry-only testing - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - and this is also connected to the live timing system. Please let me know if there are any issues, or if you have any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Ingemar Petersson Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    cant get in the server , message "failed verification"

4. Mark Greenall

Mark Greenall

Ratings:
    +2,527
    Same

5. Alen Terzić

Alen Terzić
    Premium

Ratings:
    +96
    I can't seem to download the track; ''Package not available''.
    E: I get verification failed too, but only on the ''Dry'' server. The live one gives me ''Package not available''.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  6. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,115
    Apologies guys, the GetMod service is currently down therefore you will not be able to download required resources by logging in to the rF2 dedicated server, until GetMod server itself has been restarted. Unfortunately this is completely out of our control, and I cannot upload the track component file at this moment, thus there is little more I can do in this instance and at this time. I will not actually be able to upload the track until tomorrow at the earliest.

An alternative to downloading required resources via the server is to join the private Steam Workshop group for the RDLMS. This is a much more reliable and convenient means of acquiring and managing necessary files to access the server, and it will allow you to download updates quicker. In case you have not seen it already, you can find more information here.

Sorry again for the issues and inconvenience.

7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,376
    @Daiman Patel ,
    Noel's getmod service is down again. (2nd time this week :cautious:)

Edit: :ninja:'d

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,376
    It isn't down. ;) It's not public. ==> more information here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,115
    HAHAHA, ninja'd indeed! I think that I beat you to it by only a second! :p

Thanks for your responses. :thumbsup:

10. Alen Terzić

Alen Terzić
    Premium

Ratings:
    +96
    Yeah don't mind me. I tried to open it while not signed into steam on my browser :rolleyes:

• Love Love x 1
  11. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    A disgruntled hedgehog thing... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,574
    :D
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 2
  12. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,115
    Hey chaps, unfortunately the GetMod service is still down, therefore missing resources cannot be automatically downloaded and installed when you access the server. In case you would prefer not to join the Steam Workshop group I have included a password protected link to allow you to manually download and install the track component file in the opening post of this thread. The password is the same as that for logging in to the server. I have not yet uploaded the file to RaceDepartment itself because the track is still in beta whilst development is being completed - more on this in the next post.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,115
    ANNOUNCEMENT!

Please be aware that the server has been set up with and is currently using a "beta" version of the track, whilst it is still being prepared for league use. Therefore you may find minor bugs / issues that still need to be ironed out. Please direct any questions about the track, or bug reports to @Gijs van Elderen. An announcement shall be made each time a new version of the track is released and made available.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Sorry for posting this here, but @Stefan Kanitz check your messages my friend :thumbsup:

Information regarding RDLMS is in your inbox...;)

(thank you...)

15. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,376
    GetMod service is back. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,811
    Does anyone know why the track temperature seems to constantly stay at 20C all the time? I was on the server the other day and the ambient temp was 2 degrees, with a track temp of 20, lol.

Something not right with the real weather plugin?

17. Era

Era
    Eneric Andre - Driving for Drillers Motorsport Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    You need to force the track temp at a certain value to make the plugin work unfortunately

18. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,811
    Really? Wow. That's a shame :(

19. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    Apart from that the track temperature doesn't increase or decrease in rf2 currently. Hopefully it gone be changed someday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Daryl Russell

Daryl Russell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Anybody know why all RD servers are down I can't do any testing here or at Miami Speedway :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.