1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDIWS | Round 6 - Apple Valley Speedway (Fontana)

Discussion in 'RD IndyCar World Series' started by Lorenzo Bonder, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

[​IMG]
    All American for the start of the end!

General Information
    Date: Saturday, august 13th 2016
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IWS R6

Start time: 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST)
    Broadcast Start: 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST)

Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD VIA LOGIN ON SERVER
    Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
    Track Grip: Heavily rubbered track
    Conditions: According to forecast

Race Schedule
    • 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST) | Free Practice | 60 minutes
    • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST) | Qualification | 20 minutes - Max of 5 laps completed (1x Outlap + 3x Hotlaps + 1x Inlap
    • 18:50 GMT (19:50 BST) | Warmup / Driver Briefing | 5 minutes (Track closed)
    • 18:55 GMT (19:55 BST) Recon Laps | 5 Minutes (Pits closed 2min30sec after session start)
    • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST) | Race | 85 Laps - Rolling Start
    Technical Notes
    Track Length: 3.22 km (2.0 mi)
    Top speed: 365 km/h (226.8 mp/h)
    Turns: 4 Left Turns

Track Map & Red Zone:
    The red zone for Round 6 is the entire first lap. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.

[​IMG]

Track Limits
    Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Pit Entry & Exit
    Fontana's Pit Entry is pretty much straightfoward. Drivers with intention to join the pits must use the green line as an indicator to where driver should stay. Drivers still racing, use the blue line as an indicator to stay in track. The Pit Limiter starts after the yellow line, marked with the black arrow indicator.
    The exit is also straightforward. Drivers leaving the pits must follow the green line as in indicator, staying in the apron and rejoining the track in the inner side of the back straight and then move to the outside when safe.

Fontana1.png Fontana2.jpg

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak will be Mandatory for the league, as the race director will use whisper messages to communicate everything needed. Make sure to properly set up TS for whispers, using the same settings as the screenshot below. Speakers must be activated at all times during qualifying and race.
    [​IMG]

When joining the server you can create your team's subchannel following the steps listed below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  3. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

The race I look most forward to all season. Hope rF2 holds up :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

I have signed up for the last 2 races do I have to sign up elsewhere to get on the above entry list ?

Also I see the server for Saturdays race is up can someone help me out with the P/W

5. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Snap, I forgot to put your name in @Martin Bulgin, alemme correct that right now :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Just a friendly reminder that I'll reinforce during Saturday's briefing:

This is a "long" race, so don't think that the first 10 laps solve the deal. It's the ten last laps that matter, and try to keep it clean and consistent at all times and you all should be just fine.

7. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    RDIWS - SimTech Motorsport #11 Premium Member

I'm for sure looking forward to this race. I won't consider myself a king of ovals or anything like that, but I do enjoy them an awe full lot.

I actually think this one will be (much) harder than Indianapolis, so for sure it will be interesting to see who comes out on top!

8. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

Got a question on the recon lap, noticed watching the broadcast for Indy a couple of cars were steaming at the start guessing due to over heating from sitting stationery for the 5 minutes? Any way to avoid this? Possible to shut the ignition off?

Thanks.

9. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium Member

Shutting the ignition off on-track will kill the engine and you won't be able to restart unless you get a push from another car.

The steaming is from sitting stationary for too long like you said, so the best thing to do is drive out of your garage and into the pitlane, turn your ignition off (you can restart it by yourself if you're in the pitlane), wait until the 2min30 is almost up, the start the car back up again and drive round the circuit fairly slowly. That way you'll just be pulling up on the grid with 5-20 seconds to spare, rather than 2 minutes.

Just make sure both your ignition and starter buttons are bound. I think they're I and S by default but that might be me imagining things.

10. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

Cheers Allie, thanks for the tips.

Awesome run you had at Indy btw!

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you turn off the car once you're on the grid it will turn back on automatically just before the formation lap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

It's simple, during briefing we don't allow cars going on track, if you want to click Race and by chance the car overheats due to idleness you can go back to pits normally.

13. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

IMPORTANT!

The updated skin pack is now available. This will be downloaded automatically when you log in to the server.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Hopefully this is all ok! ;)

Spotters Guide...

1920 x 1080 version
    [​IMG]

PDF Version for those that want to print a copy for themselves
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8r8a98g54k2mwc/Round Six Fontana.pdf?dl=0

As before if I've made any mistakes let me know but I've done all the skin changes for Simtech and added in our two new drivers.

The only thing I was slightly unsure about was lap records. They seemed to depend on open track/closed track, race weekend, etc. So just picked the record laps set on race weekends.

Good luck everyone and have a good race :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Otune

Otune
    Premium Member

Could you update my team name to 'SpeedyMite Racing' please? :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Done matey :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

I gotta say, for future leagues, either upload the skinpack here every time it's updated or just don't update it every race. Downloading via getmod is excruciatingly slow and really annoying to have to deal with every race (although this time it appears it went rather fast).

18. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    RDIWS - SimTech Motorsport #11 Premium Member

Mod-edit: Moved it to the league private thread, since the skinpack should be available only to those involved in the league.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

It's been up since Thursday, plenty of time to download everything.
    I don't want to sound harsh, but we are just making it easier for everyone to enter and participate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium Member

When it works, this is the second race in a row where I've needed to download it stuff manually. Thankfully it's been sent out as a manual download.

• Agree Agree x 1