1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDIWS | Round 5 - Interlagos

Discussion in 'RD IndyCar World Series' started by Lorenzo Bonder, Jul 24, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 30-07-16
  1. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

[​IMG]
    São Paulo, como vai? We're here!

General Information
    Date: Saturday, July 30th 2016
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IWS R5

Start time: 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST)
    Broadcast Start: 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST)

Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD VIA LOGIN ON SERVER
    Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
    Track Grip: Heavily rubbered track
    Conditions: According to forecast

Race Schedule
    • 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST) | Free Practice | 60 minutes
    • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST) | Qualification | 20 minutes - Max of 5 laps completed (1x Outlap + 3x Hotlaps + 1x Inlap
    • 18:50 GMT (19:50 BST) | Warmup / Driver Briefing | 5 minutes (Track closed)
    • 18:55 GMT (19:55 BST) Recon Laps | 5 Minutes (Pits closed 2min30sec after session start)
    • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST) | Race | 50 Laps - Rolling Start
    Technical Notes
    Track Length: 4.309 km (2.677 mi)
    Top speed: 300 km/h (186 mp/h)
    Turns: 15 in total. (5 right, 10 left)

Track Map & Red Zone:
    The red zone for Round 5 applies from the Start/Finish line to the exit of Turn 4 during the first lap of the race. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.
    [​IMG]

Track Limits
    Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Turns 4 & 5
    Drivers must keep two wheels on the white line at all times. Going over kerb of turn 4 & 5 into the green tarp area will be considered cutting. The green tarp area will be used only for getaway areas from possible accidents.
    Interlagos4n5.png

Turn 6 & 7
    Drivers must avoid at all costs the white tarp area from the exit of curve 6 to the beginning of turn 7. The area is allowed only if a cornering mistake happened and will be used as a runoff area or under heavy dispute and need use it for safety getaway. Anything other than that will be a cut under the driver's belt.
    Ínterlagos6To7.png

Turns 11 & 12
    Drivers must once again avoid the green and blue artificial turf area. That area will be used only for runoff/getaway areas in case of an ongoing accident or driver mistake (if driver lifts off the gas). The "grass cobblestone curb" area is an extended curb and can be used freely by drivers as long the 2 tires in track limit is respected.
    Interlagos11to12.png

Pit Entry
    The Interlagos Pit Entry is widely known to be one of the most dangerous pit entries in the whole world as drivers go nearly 290 kph into a left hand maneuver to get into the pit area. That could be dangerous with cars in your rear drafting you. So the green line is the ideal safe line for pit entry not putting drivers in danger, the yellow line is the dangerous entry movement with not much room to brake and be in the pit limit while the blue line is the race line. The white arrow indicates the start of the pit limiter so be sure to hit the pit speed before that.
    InterlagosPitEntry.png

Pit Exit
    The Interlagos pit exit is one of the safest yet the one of the most dangerous exits in racing. The reason is after the wall section that splits track and pit exit ends only the white line "protects" them and usually drivers in battle for position usually cross the line to make a passing move. Drivers in this situation can only make the move whenever someone leaving the pits is already way past you. Drivers leaving the pits, remain in the inside part of the straight all the way and safely rejoin the track when so.
    InterlagosPitExit.png

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak will be Mandatory for the league, as the race director will use whisper messages to communicate everything needed. Make sure to properly set up TS for whispers, using the same settings as the screenshot below. Speakers must be activated at all times during qualifying and race.
    [​IMG]

When joining the server you can create your team's subchannel following the steps listed below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

The blue racing line does not work. I have seen that being tried to use in other leagues and it is more dangerous as the cars will get very nervous when not crossing the pit entry line. Havent tried it yet, but I am 90% sure you will not be able to take the blue line flat out and we would see some crashes using that line. I will have a go at it later, but from my experience using the suggested line believe me it causes more issues than it solved.

If you make it mandatory (as I believe the rules already say) to use the green line. Drivers behind a pitting car will know he goes into the pits. This way we could use the nornal racing line (cutting through the pit entry line)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

I somewhat agree, I left it there as a reference in case someone tries to pull a suicidal f1 move.

4. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

The biggest issue will be in case we have rain then you will simply crash when taking a wide line and it is very hard to police (what is legal and what not). I would suggest that drivers that are pitting should give a clear indication in case they have a car within 1 second e.g. moving to the left line once they are exiting the last corner, because I think the green line will be also difficult as it is very tight. I think giving a clear indication after the last turn should be enough, so drivers dont have to care that much about the white line as it is pretty hard to judge to not touch the white line.

5. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

As you said, the yellow line is forbidden by the rules, so if someone places more than 4 wheels inside the white line (green route) it is expected that the driver goes into the pits.
    It means using the pit lane entry as racing line will be penalized (if done with more than 4 wheels), as well as entering the pits late (in case it causes a crash or disadvantage to another driver, and an incident report is submitted).

Also, doing the wide line (blue) isn't as dangerous as you said. Maybe it could be setup related, but I was able to take it flatout even with 100% rain and racing line wet percentage.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Only had experience from the Renaul FR35 which was really twitchy. Maybe it is better with the higher downforce on the IndyCar. I think the ruling is reasonable allowing 2wheels over the line while racing and keeping it inside for.pitting.

7. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

• Like Like x 2
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Okey doke, it's Spotter Guide Time....:)

As before let me know if I've messed up anywhere. As a little alteration I've added in Race Car Number Icons as it occurred to me on some cars maybe the numbers are difficult to read in the pictures.

Here's a 1920x1080 version....

[​IMG]

Link to the Hi-Res PDF Version...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwocc2yu6f5j9pp/Round Five Interlagos.pdf?dl=0

Due to work I haven't been able to practise too much for this one so it's gonna be a struggle for me but good luck to everyone and hope you have a great race :thumbsup::)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Take it easy on the corners and you'll do fine, btw.

@Davy Vandevenne
    :whistling: look above. :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    RDIWS - SimTech Motorsport #11 Premium Member

[​IMG]

11. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

12. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

Hmmm, I'm not sure why this would be happening... I could understand why it occurred the other day, on the RDLMS club server, because the URD mods are not available via GetMod, but this is very strange.

For now I shall provide links so that the components can be manually downloaded and installed by anyone experiencing this issue.
    You must install the vehicle mod before installing the vMod.

If the issue persists then ensure you also have the correct version of Sao Paulo installed; uninstall the component before either downloading and installing it manually, or allowing GetMod to acquire it on log-in.

Please be sure to let me know if this problem continues to occur.

EDIT: Have you uninstalled the previous version of the Indy Car World Series 2016 mod? If not then please remove v1.5 before installing v1.6; this might also enable GetMod to work with the component. I tested logging-in to the server last night, once it was set up; I allowed GetMod to download and install the vehicle component file for me, and it worked perfectly, so I have no idea why the issue is occurring now. It could potentially be due to the new server, which is a Steam install as opposed to the standalone version we had before. Also, it might simply be a coincidence but as far as I'm aware everyone who experienced the issue before last week's club race also run rFactor 2 through Steam.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

@Daiman Patel @Lorenzo Bonder

I had this issue last night when I was checking up on the colour schemes.

If you used the multiplayer through the game interface it failed to obtain all the packages and stopped.

If you go through the STEAM servers (View menu, Servers and then filter out RFactor2) it worked fine.

In theory it shouldn't make any difference so not sure why one worked and not the other.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

Thank you very much for the information Andrew! :D That is incredibly helpful, and useful to know. And it also (potentially) helps to narrow down the problem to the Steam version of rFactor 2.

To confirm, is the screenshot shared by Sherwin the "new" rFactor 2 multiplayer interface? I apologise as this is a silly question from somebody who should really be in the know, but I haven't yet switched to Steam so I'm not yet up to speed on how it works and what it looks like. However, this would explain why I didn't experience the problem yesterday! :p

Since the two mechanisms for accessing multiplayer are different my guess is that there is a bug in the game's own system that is causing this issue. But it's good to know that there is at least a workaround for GetMod to download and install missing components when launching the game through Steam.

15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Yep, that looks like the in-game version of the server selection.

I'm scratching my head now to make sure I pick the right image but I think this is the what the latest STEAM server screen looks like (just a random example I found on STEAM help)...

[​IMG]

The Steam version of the game works but I need to go through the Steam servers list to join the online event. If I tried the multiplayer screen within RF2 itself It got as far as loading the components and then stopped as it was unable to obtain the RD_IndyCar_World_Series-2016-v16 file.

Sorry this is from memory so I can't remember all the details but hope this helps. Normally both ways of joining an online race work so this is a bit of an odd problem I will admit.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    RDIWS - SimTech Motorsport #11 Premium Member

Yes I always make sure I remove old(er) versions of components before downloading/installing new one's. But your link to manually download the file worked perfectly, after that, I tried joining the server, there it downloaded the rfmod/vmod, or whatever it's called :)D) file.

My screenshot was after I simply clicked "play" on rFactor2 within Steam, and selected multiplayer. I had honestly no idea that there was an alternative way to find and join servers (thanks Andrew! :thumbsup:)

• Like Like x 2
  17. TrevorGreenfield

TrevorGreenfield
    Premium Member

I had the same issue with the server. I searched my rf2 folders for all things RD related other than setups and vcrs, then installed the files above. Then I was able to connect using the steam method mentioned by Andrew (Thanks!!!), and it updated the files, then connected. Also then was able to connect through rf2 launcher.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

@Andrew Harper Looking at the spotter guide I see 4 SimTech Motorsport drivers, is this a spotter guide mistake?

19. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

In what way my friend? We have one new driver (Tjeerd Feddema) for this event who is in a Simtech Car as well. Plus Sherwin makes five Simtech branded cars in total. Did someone change colours, and I missed it? :):rolleyes:

20. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium Member

I believe Martin was referring to the team name - if I recall correctly you couldn't have more than three cars in a team, and had to open a subsidiary to run more?