1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDIWS | Round 4 - The Indy 500

Discussion in 'RD IndyCar World Series' started by Lorenzo Bonder, Jul 9, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 16-07-16
  1. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

[​IMG]
    Is anything more to say? 500 Mode. On.

General Information
    Date: Saturday, July 16th 2016
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IWS R4

Start time: 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST)
    Broadcast Start: 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST)

Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD VIA LOGIN ON SERVER
    Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
    Track Grip: Heavily rubbered track
    Conditions: According to forecast (if raining it will be a Sunny Day)

Race Schedule
    • 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST) | Free Practice | 60 minutes
    • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST) | Qualification | 20 minutes - Max of 5 laps completed (1x Outlap + 3x Hotlaps + 1x Inlap
    • 18:50 GMT (19:50 BST) | Warmup / Driver Briefing | 5 minutes (Track closed)
    • 18:55 GMT (19:55 BST) Recon Laps | 5 Minutes (Pits closed 2min30sec after session start)
    • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST) | Race | 200 Laps - Rolling Start
    Technical Notes
    Track Length: 4.023 km (2.5 mi)
    Top speed: 375 kmh (+233 mph)
    Turns: 4 Left Turns

Track Map & Red Zone:
    The red zone is the entire first lap, with largest focus on turns 1 & 2 as the aero push and provide accidents and pile-ups, especially with cold tires. Any accidents over there will be reviewed and if proven guilty, could face major incidents.
    [​IMG]

Track Limits
    Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Since the whole circuit is a rectangular shaped oval, the turns are very straightforward. Track limits is the white inside line in the whole extent of the track.

Pit Exit
    During a pit stop, drivers leaving the pits must leave using the green marked area, running in the pit exit tarmac in order to avoid early rejoin and cause an accident with drivers running with blazing fast speeds.

Once the pit exit area ends and the race line begins, drivers MUST stay in the inside line until it's safe to resume on the outside part of the track and rejoin safely on the outside part of the track.
    500Exit.png

Drivers when leaving the pits can remove the pit limited once they cross the yellow marked line in the end of the pits, as seen below.
    500PitExit.png

Pit Entry

Pit Entry is right after Turn 4, and to enter it, drivers must take the inside line after the curve, as seen in the picture below.
    500PitEntryPart1.png

Once entry is done, driver must reduce speed ASAP as the pit speed limit starts in the yellow line inside the pits, making it really hard for drivers to see. Drivers after passing the white line will have about 150 meters to brake and come to pit speed before crossing the yellow limit line.
    We recommend that the decceleration begins before the white pit entry line is crossed. In the picture below is a reference to drivers of the speed reduction zone. The yellow line means where drivers must reduce car speed and the red lines indicate a reference on when drivers need to have pit speed. The limit line is seen right next to one of the red lines covering the whole pit area.
    500PitEntryPart2.png

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak will be Mandatory for the league, as the race director will use whisper messages to communicate everything needed. Make sure to properly set up TS for whispers, using the same settings as the screenshot below. Speakers must be activated at all times during qualifying and race.
    [​IMG]

When joining the server you can create your team's subchannel following the steps listed below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

There we go boys and girls, next week's big race is coming!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium Member

Hey Lorenzo, I only speak one language (and badly) so feel a bit bad for this, but this sentence about the redzone "Any accidents over there will be overlooked and if proven guilty" to overlook an accident, in English, means to ignore it . I think the word you want is "reviewed"

I only say because I had to read it a couple of times wondering why you were going to ignore us crashing on Lap 1, but then find us guilty of it anyway :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Corrected . Thank you for pointing it out @Valrys . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Thanks @Valrys I wrote this like 4 AM local, so naturally I was a bit sleepy and review was a "success"

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

7. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Can't wait :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

meh.

9. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Wah.

10. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

We're having big news coming in the broadcast part of things, check Twitch this Saturday too see what I mean

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Haha. Yep I'm working on it matey. Just sorting through the British GP photos. Wish I didn't take so many....

• Haha Haha x 2
  13. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

That's what you get when you travel with Cwaig. :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Is the skinpack made available to download for those not participating in the league?

16. James Wilson

James Wilson
    Premium Member

@Andrew Harper Im in the DHR car now, you made this mistake last round also :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Why didn't you PM me last time mate? No problem. I won't get home from work until about the start of qualifying I think but I'll do my best :thumbsup:

18. James Wilson

James Wilson
    Premium Member

Don't worry about it @Andrew Harper I think all will agree that we thank you for making the really nice looking guide anyways :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Thanks matey. Sorry I missed the change on that one. Will sort it as soon as I can :)

20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Ok Spotters Guide updated, sorry for the mistake.

I'm trying to get onto the server but it keeps disconnecting, will keep trying :rolleyes: