1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDIWS | Round 3 - Indianapolis GP

Discussion in 'RD IndyCar World Series' started by Lorenzo Bonder, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Flyer R3.jpg
    Indy, we're home!

General Information
    Date: Saturday, July 2nd 2016
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IWS R2

Start time: 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST)
    Broadcast Start: 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST)

Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD VIA LOGIN ON SERVER
    Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
    Track Grip: Heavily rubbered track
    Conditions: According to forecast

Race Schedule
    • 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST) | Free Practice | 60 minutes
    • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST) | Qualification | 20 minutes - Max of 5 laps completed (1x Outlap + 3x Hotlaps + 1x Inlap
    • 18:50 GMT (19:50 BST) | Warmup / Driver Briefing | 5 minutes (Track closed)
    • 18:55 GMT (19:55 BST) Recon Laps | 5 Minutes (Pits closed 2min30sec after session start)
    • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST) | Race | 66 Laps - Rolling Start
    Technical Notes
    Track Length: 3.925 km (2.439 mi)
    Top speed: 300 km/h (186 mp/h)
    Turns: 14 in total. (8 right, 6 left)

Track Map & Red Zone:
    The red zone for Round 3 applies from the Start/Finish line to the exit of Turn 6 during the first lap of the race. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.
    Grand_Prix_of_Indianapolis_Course_Map.png

Track Limits
    Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Turns 5 & 6
    Drivers must keep two wheels on the white line at all times. Going over the exit curb kerb of turn 6 with more than three wheels is considered as cutting. Cutting through the inside part of the kerb at Turn 6 will be not considered a cut unless there is a crash involved in the curve and the only exit is through cutting the corner.
    Curve5n6Alternate.png

Turn 7
    Drivers must pay attention that the curve starts at the very end of the back straight and not before the end of the straight just as it was on the previous here. The blue guided line is the current line and the red line is the old line, where if followed will carry as a cut and possible a time penalty if a position battle is underway.
    Curve7.jpg

Turns 12, 13 & Pit Entry

Drivers must follow the blue line marked below as it is the current racing line. The runoff area (the Moto hairpin) can be used as a runoff area if an accident happens in the curve. Drivers also needs to keep their car in the white line and inside the kerbs at all times. Pit Entry is marked with green lines, where if drivers join the pit, they must remain in the outside line and be careful to leave room to other incoming drivers to ensure accidents don't happen.
    Curve12n13nPits.png

Turn 1 & Pit Exit
    Turn 1 is the most dangerous curve in the track. A 90º right hand curve leading to the back stretch of the track. Drivers must try to avoid the very best to prevent a big incident in Turn 1. In case an accident happens the pit exit area and the two red marked runoff areas can be used to rejoin the track.
    During a pit stop, drivers leaving the pits must leave using the green marked area, staying in the outside side of the curves 1 and 2 in order to leave room to any incoming drivers. If the coast is clear, drivers just need to safely exit the pitlane and rejoin the track.
    Curve1.png

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak will be Mandatory for the league, as the race director will use whisper messages to communicate everything needed. Make sure to properly set up TS for whispers, using the same settings as the screenshot below. Speakers must be activated at all times during qualifying and race.
    [​IMG]

When joining the server you can create your team's subchannel following the steps listed below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Don't forget it's coming this Saturday, folks. And sorry for bringing this with a week of notice, my mistake. I'll get round 4 (duh the 500 will be the shortest of them all posts) right after round 3.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sharjeel

Sharjeel
    Being 2nd is to be the 1st of the ones who lose. Premium Member

@Lorenzo Bonder Forecast is shown for Montreal, mate and not Indianapolis. And does the championship have wet weather as well, in case it does on the real track or just the temps?

5. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

The track has wet tyres, yes. And I have to update that. Well, @Matheus Machado can update that, right? :p

6. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

I've changed it. By the way next post I'll put it with the driver's list for this round.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  7. Sharjeel

Sharjeel

Thanks buddy.

8. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Driver List for Round 3:

1. @Frederic Schornstein
    2. Matthew Beavis - @Matt88
    3. Charles Baccio - @Chark
    4. @James Wilson
    5. Evan Spall - @SK
    6. @Campbell Wallis
    7. Trevor Greenfield - @TrevorGreenfield
    8. Alex DiDomenicantonio - @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
    9. @Luke Walsh
    10. Allie Ferrie - @Valrys
    11. Tal Segal - @Tal
    12. @Martin Vindis
    13. @Andrew Harper
    14. @Nate Lupson
    15. Kreshnik Halili - @Kresh
    16. @Szymon Olizarowicz
    17. @Sherwin van der Sloot
    18. @Norman Bruce
    19. @Shane Burke
    20. Sharjeel Riaz - @Sharjeel (Guest Driver)
    21. @Standa Sehnal
    22. Oli McGown - @Otune

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

@Lorenzo Bonder let me know when the final skin pack update is uploaded and I'll check the cars off for the spotters guide :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

IMPORTANT!

The server has been updated, and the skin pack for Round 3 is now available. Please be sure to log-in to the server well in advance of the race to download the updated component file.

11. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

13. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

@Sharjeel, number 25, if I'm not mistaken.

And ah it's from the Default Liveries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Weather will be exactly the same as RL, including winds!

No rain for this weekend by the looks of it, so wet tires will have to wait a little bit.

(São paulo maybe???)

15. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

São Paulo always rains.

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Sharjeel

Sharjeel

Yes, Sir!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sharjeel

Sharjeel

If only Sao Paulo would have been in August. I just feckin love that track.

18. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Y'all ready for tomorrow?

19. I'm ready :D Good Luck All :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Errmmm, get back to you on that one! :O_o:

I've managed to fit in about 30 laps but I'm struggling badly again. Will see how it goes, but good luck to everyone and hope you all have a good event :thumbsup: